Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Clueless individual here, help me! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Oct 12, 12 at 7:18amRune Ripper

I played LoL almost a year ago but I think that was basically just the tutorial or something and I didn't touch it again. Playing it on my laptop was painful and at the time I wasn't aware I could get a client for Mac. So, now I've got that client.

I know absolutely nothing about the game so I need my hand held. Knowledge is welcome. Any tips or advice? Is there a beginners guide you'd recommend if you're lazy?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 12, 12 at 12:03pm
Lorx

What's your summoner name/IGN Rune Ripper?

Try to find a champion you like, and stick with them for a while. Learning the game mechanics and how to not die, will be at lot easier if you're also not learning how to play a character from the ground up at the same time.

Recommended item lists in-game on champions tend to not be...terrible, so you can follow that if you need to, it'll also help to know ahead of time what role you'll be playing. Every champion fits into specific roles for a team, so they'll have strengths and weaknesses that revolve around that. If you don't know what a champion is supposed to do, you can either wiki it and try to understand, or ask around, but you'll want to do that before entering queue for a game, so that you're not rushing for as much information as you can in that final minute.

Community is...eh. I've never really seen worse, but I also don't stray into games known for bad communities much. MMORPG's tend to have a lot of decent people.

Oct 12, 12 at 11:44am
Chaosfire

It's not really fair to say that an entire community is trash because of a few bad ragers. Those exist in all games, and in life.

Oct 12, 12 at 11:41am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Grimdark
quote ShadowCrystallux
The community isn't actually that bad when compared to a lot of others, and the fact that on average, I have 5 nice people to one dickhead per game. Outnumbers the ragers easily.
I'm not sure you and I are playing the same game...
Ooh we are. Last night I had the most ungrateful sons of bitches ever when I was supporting as janna (as I've already posted). But generally speaking people of the game aren't that bad. We just remember the asses, because it's hard not to.

Oct 12, 12 at 11:00am
Grimdark

quote ShadowCrystallux
The community isn't actually that bad when compared to a lot of others, and the fact that on average, I have 5 nice people to one dickhead per game. Outnumbers the ragers easily.
I'm not sure you and I are playing the same game...

Oct 12, 12 at 9:38am
BluAnimal

If you want I can show you how to play the beefy melee champions. Add me in-game at BluAnimal and ill take you under my wing

Also if you wanna join our gaming community we use Teamspeak to communicate. If you'd prefer 1 on 1 then I have Skype as well.

Oct 12, 12 at 9:38am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Grimdark
Tough it out, ask questions, mute everyone that starts shit. You'll find very quickly the community is bad but the game itself is rather good. Looking back on it, 1-20 was the most painful because people were only slightly better 21+.

Also, if someone is an ass don't retaliate. That is when the mute button is handy as Grimdark has already said.

Oct 12, 12 at 9:02am
Grimdark

quote Rune Ripper
I played LoL almost a year ago but I think that was basically just the tutorial or something and I didn't touch it again. Playing it on my laptop was painful and at the time I wasn't aware I could get a client for Mac. So, now I've got that client.

I know absolutely nothing about the game so I need my hand held. Knowledge is welcome. Any tips or advice? Is there a beginners guide you'd recommend if you're lazy?
Tough it out, ask questions, mute everyone that starts shit. You'll find very quickly the community is bad but the game itself is rather good. Looking back on it, 1-20 was the most painful because people were only slightly better 21+.

Don't spend Riot Points, spend them when skins go on sale, and don't buy runes.

Oct 12, 12 at 8:14am
Rune Ripper

Noted. I expect I'll pick up the rest as I play. Thanks.

Oct 12, 12 at 8:05am
ShadowCrystallux

This game is one of those games I feel that you have to learn yourself. BUT, a few starting tips: A) Do both tutorials then a NORMAL game as opposed to bots, you learn a lot more from a normal game even if you lose than you do from winning a bots game. Bots make people complacent, and the only two things I use them for is: A) To test my internet stability or B) trying a troll build. I generally try new chars in real games now, because you can be good at any champ in bots and suck badly in a real later, which is quite disheartening.

Oct 12, 12 at 7:18am
Rune Ripper