Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Best motherboard? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 11, 12 at 10:33pmslinger4

I am looking to build my first computer, and i have a shopping list set up, except i just found out my CPU isn't compatible with my motherboard, so if anyone has any suggestions for a new one i would love to hear them.
Here's the system specs:

Gskill ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 RAM

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd

Galaxy geforce GTX 670 4gb GPU

Cooler Master storm trooper case

Intel core i5 3570k CPU

Enermax pro82+ 625w power supply

2 120mm front fans, 1 140mm rear fan, 1 200mm top fan

ASUS 24x DVD burner

Again, this is my first build, so any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 13, 13 at 8:55am
hiigaran

can we close these old threads? seriously, its just attracting nothing but one-posters that are borderline spammers.

Jun 13, 13 at 8:48am
mackzy

based from my PC Biostar Hi-Fi works quite well since i bought it..well ofcourse theres a lot more of an advantage I can see, pricey but its somehow really fine...

I just recently upgrade mine to Hi-FI A55S3 ver. 6.1 sound is high-end! quality is paid off. =)

Jun 12, 13 at 12:58pm
rahulghiraiya

go for msi board

May 31, 13 at 1:01am
eyesight

I would say that Cooler Master storm trooper case is the best

May 30, 13 at 9:52am
ajaywish

quote slinger4
Would a cheaper board be slower, or just have less features?

No, i don't think so. Its very fast comparison than old board. But we can't compare it with latest cheap set quad core processor boards.

Apr 23, 13 at 8:58pm
iokfred

quote hiigaran
any motherboard with a Z77 chipset will be compatible. id just pick the cheapest board, unless there arent enough places to plug in the fans.
I have encountered ASRock Z77 extreme4 Boot Menu load issues.

Apr 22, 13 at 6:02am
pansydawson

Hello,

My PC has now been old and that time I purchased an ASUS P5 gcmx motherboard which was good not optimum.I would suggest you for Intel motherboard they are giving best services and they are reliable too.

Thanks....

Apr 18, 13 at 8:18am
ashantiqua

quote iokfred
Using entirely digital controllers means that more precise power delivery to the motherboard's most power hungry and energy sensitive components is possible.

Apr 18, 13 at 8:14am
ashantiqua

quote martinluthra14
HDMI v1.4HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is new generation fully digital video/audio interface which can transfer 1080p High-Definition.

Apr 17, 13 at 11:23pm
iokfred

What about Gigabyte z77? GIGABYTE Z77 series motherboards take advantage of an exclusive All Digital PWM controller array, to deliver power to the board's 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor. Using entirely digital controllers means that more precise power delivery to the motherboard's most power hungry and energy sensitive components is possible. These components include the CPU, VTT, processor graphics and memory, without doubt the most important components on your motherboard. This All Digital Power system, with Precise Auto Voltage Compensation, provides you with exceptional control over the component power delivery on your GIGABYTE 7 series motherboard.