Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Black Ops 2: Story Speculations and Unanswered Questions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 11, 12 at 2:00pmFaded

So am I the only one who's excited for the new CoD's campaign here? Like honestly, there's so many unanswered questions this time around! What ever happened to Reznov? How did Woods survive? Where's Alex Mason? Surely there's more?

So, is anyone else excited and curious as to what's going to happen?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 15, 12 at 6:21am
KR_1250

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
It's actually less ridiculous than the Modern Warfare series, in my opinion. I like that they tried to do something different with the story.
And I do believe it works with the setting, in the mindset of the Cold War, with mass hysteria and paranoia of Russian spies, propaganda, and alleged brainwashing that went on.
I just cant see it that way. It was absolutely wild in my eyes. Way OTT. I lost interest very quickly. I thought MW2's story was kinda crazy until i played BO. Cant fault COD4's much though without getting into very minor inconsiquential details but alot of personal opinion comes into that.

I have no problem with spy fiction in video games. I think people just like to beat up on Black Ops for whatever reason they have.
That doesnt make sense. You think i DO like the story, but am pretending not to because i dont like something else? Dont really know what you mean here.

I dont think i have to make up things to dislike about BO LOL.

Oct 15, 12 at 6:06am
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

It's actually less ridiculous than the Modern Warfare series, in my opinion. I like that they tried to do something different with the story.
And I do believe it works with the setting, in the mindset of the Cold War, with mass hysteria and paranoia of Russian spies, propaganda, and alleged brainwashing that went on.

And there really are "numbers stations" that exist to this day. They started popping up around WWII all over the world. They're essentially shortwave radio stations that repeat seemingly random sequences of numbers and letters.
The common theory is that they're used to relay information to spies.

I have no problem with spy fiction in video games. I think people just like to beat up on Black Ops for whatever reason they have.

Oct 15, 12 at 3:22am
KR_1250

quote HU1CH13
Russia had America brain washed since The American Revolutionary War aahhhhhhh.

The only question that needs answering was what the *bleep* were Treyarch thinking when they came up with that boring mess of a campaign.
Couldnt agree more. After COD4 i completely lost interest in the COD story. Its f***ing rediculius.

I actually burst out laughing reading Rude boys description of the story up there. Russian spy sleeper agents with fancy activation number sequences:

Am I the only one here accepting that its *bleep*ing idiotic ? Its like a plot form some crappy 1970's TV spy show. Its utterly stupid.

Oct 14, 12 at 7:11pm
HU1CH13

Russia had America brain washed since The American Revolutionary War aahhhhhhh.

The only question that needs answering was what the *bleep* were Treyarch thinking when they came up with that boring mess of a campaign.

Oct 14, 12 at 6:36pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

The gist of it is;
When you're captured in Cuba after the first mission, you're brainwashed and become a Soviet sleeper agent, programed to respond to and be "activated" by certain sequences of numbers and letters.
Due to your brain being f****ed through both psychological and physical means, in your fragile mental state after escaping the prison, you develop a dissociative identity disorder, seeing Reznov throughout your life, and thinking that he is real (A-la Fight Club), despite probably dying in the prison escape.

It turned out Reznov was actually a double agent, and reprogrammed you to use you for his own means. (It's why you hallucinate killing Kennedy when you meet him, but don't. It's Reznov's programming overriding the Soviets').

Oct 13, 12 at 5:07am
Gligar

I dont even know what the Black Ops campaign was about, I just played it, and was shooting anything that came on my way like a pro. Whats the first campaign about anyway? All I understand is that some russian dude is a a ghost and you think hes real....

Oct 13, 12 at 3:10am
bionicle1995

Its already be reveled by the guy who does the voice of woods that woods survived and from the moment after his "death" till the end of the game reznov is actually woods. Its just mason goes crazy and basically pastes reznovs face onto woods' body.

Oct 12, 12 at 6:02pm
Yogurt

David Mason is actually a robot in disguise.

Oct 12, 12 at 5:40pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

To be honest, while I did enjoy Black Ops' campaign, I really don't think the characters themselves needed a continuing story.

I'm pretty sure Reznov was killed when he escaped the prison, did he not?
Woods shouldn't have survived, but I'm pretty sure their excuse will be "he just did" rather than anything spectacular. Nothing really wrong with that, people can survive some pretty crazy stuff- I just mean I don't think they ever planned on him living when they wrote it.

Oct 12, 12 at 12:52pm
Faded

... you don't like the Black Ops campaign..?
I actually thought it was pretty good, it might have to do with my man crush on Reznov since WaW, but i doubt it.

And your theory holds up, but then where would David Mason fall in to place?