Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » I Have a few upgrade questions. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 12, 12 at 12:51am
DT88

Mostly to just watch stuff on youtube, hulu, listen to music and play older lower end games.

As of now i'm getting about 10 to 20 FPS with most of the older games i play, i'm thinking that going from 256mb of onboard graphics with only 64mb of dedicated video memory to the 1GB card should give me a good boost to those older games i play. I'm looking for atleast 30 steady FPS for low end games like League of Legends or WoW.

Oct 11, 12 at 10:20pm
advent kid

What are you using this desktop for?

Oct 11, 12 at 6:27pm
DT88

The max i'm willing to spend would be about $65 to $70.

I was going to go with this card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=149617&CatId=3585

and maybe this PSU
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4365851&CatId=1079

After rebates it would come up to about $45 which isn't to shabby. As for the size, yeah its a very standard case, so i'm thinking the linked supply should fit fine.

Oct 11, 12 at 5:13pm
advent kid

What's your maxium budget $ on new the hardware?

The Power Supply should still be the same size as any standard, unless it's a low-profile desktop even most Retail made computers will still use the standard power supply.

Oct 11, 12 at 5:49am
DT88

I have an old PC from 2006. has horrible 950g intel integrated graphics. I was going to get a cheap PSU and 1GB graphics card.

My questions are these... How do i know if the PSU will fit in my current case, and will the fact that my processor is an old P4 and that i have 2GB of ram stop a 1GB video card from giving me its full power?

Not sure if its needed, but heres a link to the exact PC i'm upgrading except i have 2GB of ram.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12132708-12133156-78308260-78308260-78308260-79685091-80248998.html?dnr=1

I know most people will think i should just get a whole new PC, but the upgrades would only cost around $50, and the only thing i do with the PC is play older lower end games and watch movies.

Thanks for any help.