Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dishonored » Thoughts so far? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 10, 12 at 1:42pmDitnopota

So for those of us fortunate enough to have gotten their hands on this game (i.e. everyone else but me); how is the game so far? What are your likes and dislikes of it?

Discuss.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 25, 12 at 10:47pm
Fluidity

I just finished my first play through as well, the first few missions full of bloodshed and the second half my attempt at being stealthy. It was only until I really learned how to use blink that I was able to flee from battle with the guards, whereas before I thought I was stuck once they engaged me and I ended up killing most of them. My overall chaos level was relatively high in the end so I got the lesser of the two endings (they should have an in-between), but I was really happy with the game as a whole. I'll be doing a second play through on normal where I do stealth/no kills and try to collect as much as I can. After that I'm going to try either hard/very hard difficulty, depending on how this next attempt goes.

Best console game I've played since Uncharted 3.

Nov 25, 12 at 2:46pm
Wariyaka

Done a first playthrough (stealth, no killing) Found game overall Ok but nothing really special. Story kinda dull and predictable. For stealth games I liked Deus Ex Human Revolution much more... even if that got a bit stupid at the very end.

Oct 22, 12 at 8:47pm
Animatrix

I love this game.

Some things could have been better storyline wise, but overall it was an amazing game.

I'd like to see more.

Oct 22, 12 at 11:50am
BazBro

Loving it. I'm after the Dunwall bit. Really enjoying it so far and I love the I'm going to restart after this playthrough and try and go blade and power only. No crossbow, grenade, handgun, anything, Should be fun.

Playing it on my PC as well, with not great specs and I play very well with max settings and 1280 x 800 resolution.

Oct 20, 12 at 1:37pm
Scott Cee

smarti3 -

Oct 20, 12 at 11:39am
smarti3

Scott Cee Really ? I wasn't actually that keen on the ending to be honest

Oct 14, 12 at 11:33am
Scott Cee

So I've just finished the game. Thoughts in a spoiler, because what I am about to say will absolutely ruin it for anyone who wants to play and finish the game themselves.

Oh, one thing though. The game is about twice as long as you think it will be, which still isn't really that long. Probably 10-12 hours on normal, maybe slightly less if you just work a straight line to your target(s) and murder anyone in the way.

The world of Dunwall is awsome; Lovecraftian Steampunk. It's only a shame that you never really get a good look at one of the whales the fuel used to power everything is derived from. Apparently, they have scales. And tentacles.
I got a real sense from the various books and stuff littered around that this world is a place where you definitely do not want to live, even before the plague. Definitely a feeling of eldritch horror to the whole place, and even the fates of the various targets, should you decide not to murder them, is decidedly... unhappy.

Oct 13, 12 at 3:05pm
Spook

At first I was a little put off by the pacing too but, obviously, that's no longer the case. xD

Oct 12, 12 at 6:30pm
smarti3

I've just played 2 hours of it and it's pretty good so far. It's nothing spectacular but it is good

Admittedly it's a bit slow to start and I'm only on the first proper mission which I've yet to finish. From what I've played I'd say it's worth a rent

Edit: Just finished the first mission...*bleep*ing brilliant! You dont get your first power until you're like an hour in so that's pretty much why it's slow starting

Oct 10, 12 at 9:02pm
Spook

A good stealth-action game free of the annoyance of QTEs. Fantastic!