Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » 2 Things I DONT Understand........... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 10, 12 at 1:27pmSolx

1. Why are the Intended Melee Characters not actually meleeing? I've seen Psychos (and their badass and other melee species) just stand at a distance and throw INFINITE axes and NOT melee............Why not just give them a gun at that point?

And why is it that when you get downed, every melee character runs 20 feet away and starts throwing axes............... NOT MELEEING!!!!!!!!!!

AND why in the same situation does every marauder run behinds cover and STAY IN COVER, NOT giving me a chance to kill them.

2. With Gaige being released and Anarchy being a forced choice for the Order Chaos tree, WHY does the X botton do Reload + Interaction AND why does the Y Button swap weapons, we have the Dpad for that.

It should be:
X = Reload.
Y = Interact/Enter and Exit Vehicle.

(You can swap them in the controllers settings)
I cant even count the amount of times i have reloaded (to which you can select a different weapon to stop it, but still) and lost me 150 stack...........

The Y weapon swap is only really viable with games that only allow 2 weapons (Halo and Gears) at a time and not 4.

3. Why are there SOOOOOOOOO many Suicide units in this game?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 7:15am
Wariyaka

All the special powers can be good at dealing with stuff that tend to crowd you so is some grenades. Trying to play strictly melee here feels like you in the wrong game especially if you play solo. One game "flaw" is that it's pretty much designed for co-op and that solo play suffer some for it
Personally I just avoid melee builds in first person games cause I find the gameplay for them generally quite lacking, if my character do some cool melee moves i like to see them and have better control over the near space of my character. If this game had the option for some third person view or just some over shoulder view melee could have been interesting here.

As for stuff hiding and running away and enemy melee units not always meleeing, well having enemy units only using one attack would make things a bit too predictable imo and game is rather easy as it is and very forgiving on "dying" but that said, if you do play game all alone it can get REALLY DAMN PESKY at times

Having the same button for interact and reload is a bit of a design flaw but after suffering the horrors of playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer a while with its ABSOLUTELY HORRID sprint/cover/interact (X)/(A) button the controls here with its free mapping feels completely BADASS AWESOME!!

Oct 11, 12 at 5:24am
KR_1250

I just dump a turret out whenever they attack en mass.

Not only does it waste em but they stop attacking me altogether.

Oct 11, 12 at 3:50am
Paper Fox

quote Kommando
Pro-tip if you see ANY loader or psycho running towards you, turn around and run to a safer position.
This scenario is where I quite like the phaselock ability. Suicide dudes are the worst.

Oct 11, 12 at 1:15am
Scott Cee

You know you can crawl while in FFYL, right?
Get after those bastards!

Oct 11, 12 at 12:39am
Kommando

quote Solx
Hell if Jack would just build an army of EXP loaders..... he would have won on day one
Except then you'd expect them and stay the *bleep* away from everything that looks yellow.

Pro-tip if you see ANY loader or psycho running towards you, turn around and run to a safer position.

quote Solx
2. So this makes up for a incompetent design.......right......
It's only a problem with Gaige's OC tree. If it bothers you that much, then respec.

quote Solx
[color=navy]So the whole "having to get 2 inches from someone to kill them" is not a bane
Try aiming down sights more and or get the close enough skill. It balances anarchy stacks rather well. With ADS, you shouldn't have to be right in their face unless you are using a gun with 70 or worse accuracy to begin with.

quote Jeremy
Or does the game automatically group interact/reload?
Yes, it does.

Oct 10, 12 at 11:43pm
Jeremy

Wait, now I might not be 100% on this, but can't you just change the button layout?

Or does the game automatically group interact/reload?

Oct 10, 12 at 11:22pm
KR_1250

I understand your frustration with some of those points OP, especially with marauders in general. First playthrough i baely noticed them but on True Vault Hunter mode they are still easy but really irritating. Their obsession with hiding is starting to annoy me.

But the thing is the questions posed in the OP dont really have an answer other than "thats how they designed it"

Hell if Jack would just build an army of EXP loaders..... he would have won on day one.
LOL!

Oct 10, 12 at 9:28pm
Solx

quote Kommando

1. The axes are easy to dodge. I consider that my advantage.

2. I just switch to a fully reloaded weapon before interacting with with anything.

3. The suicide bombers are the bane of CQC fighters. Did you really think they would allow the earth shattering damage that Anarchy can unleash without a good weakness to balance it out? Without those suicidal assholes, the diminished accuracy doesn't matter as much.

1. Melee characters SHOULD BE *bleep*ING MELEE..... not stand at the back of the map and throw digistructed axes for eternity. ESPECIALLY when i go down........

2. So this makes up for a incompetent design.......right......

3. So the whole "having to get 2 inches from someone to kill them" is not a bane (lol).
My annoyance is the ridiculous amount of suicides and the retarded amount of damage they do COMBINED.

Hell if Jack would just build an army of EXP loaders..... he would have won on day one.

Oct 10, 12 at 9:14pm
Kommando

1. The axes are easy to dodge. I consider that my advantage.

2. I just switch to a fully reloaded weapon before interacting with with anything.

3. The suicide bombers are the bane of CQC fighters. Did you really think they would allow the earth shattering damage that Anarchy can unleash without a good weakness to balance it out? Without those suicidal assholes, the diminished accuracy doesn't matter as much.

Oct 10, 12 at 5:29pm
Solx

3. Why are there SOOOOOO many Suicide Units in this game?