Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » 3.5mm headphones with microphones to USB? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 10, 12 at 12:00pmGligar

I tried looking for some but couldn't find it. I basically have a headphone that has a microphone attached to the side of it. It has 2 wires,one of it is a audio 3.5mm and the other one is the microphone 3.5mm. Is there a USB where I can plug BOTH these wires into it? I intend to use it for my PS3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 7:29am
Gligar

ive ordered a few gadgets from them, some lasers etc. They dont sell branded items and their products are fairly poor in quality but they are cheap. I tried looking at ebuyer and ebay and couldnt find any below £9

Oct 10, 12 at 8:27pm
The Slayer

Yahoo answers are full of idiots.

The adapter will take the analog signal from the microphone and headset and convert it to digital for USB. They work fine on computers because they just see it as a USB headset (not an adapter). I'm not sure if it will work on a PS3 (I dont own one), but it wouldn't hurt to try. I would imagine it would since its just an adapter and all the converting is done in the adapter and not via software.

quote Gligar
Was searching for some cheaper alternatives, stumbled upon this: http://m.dealextreme.com/p/mini-usb-stereo-sound-card-audio-adapter-black-152555 , would this work on my PS3 if I connected my headphone+Mic to it?
I think it would work, but I've never heard of that site and it doesnt even list a brand.

Oct 10, 12 at 4:12pm
Gligar

Was searching for some cheaper alternatives, stumbled upon this: http://m.dealextreme.com/p/mini-usb-stereo-sound-card-audio-adapter-black-152555 , would this work on my PS3 if I connected my headphone+Mic to it?

Oct 10, 12 at 2:22pm
Gligar

You sure it will work? I asked in yahoo answers and they said that it is not possible since the USB and 3.5mm use different technology... hard to believe so thats why I asked on neoseeker.

Anyways, you sure it the headphones and microphone will work on my ps3?

Oct 10, 12 at 1:00pm
The Slayer

Took a few minutes, but I found one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186035

I know that Logitech makes one too, as I have one with one of their headsets. Thats the only one I could find though.

Oct 10, 12 at 12:00pm
Gligar

I tried looking for some but couldn't find it. I basically have a headphone that has a microphone attached to the side of it. It has 2 wires,one of it is a audio 3.5mm and the other one is the microphone 3.5mm. Is there a USB where I can plug BOTH these wires into it? I intend to use it for my PS3