Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Skill Specific Debate » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 09, 12 at 8:02amwildfire

This is a discussion that is mainly for me to ask: What skills do better with what weapon?

Its_my_time24 asked a very similar question on the Armor set requests thread, and I have to do it every time I index a set :D ... The problem arises when you have a set that could go in more than one category and I'd like to put said set in one category because it doesn't look professional to have repeat sets.

So for each set category that I have on my Armor Set Index, What skills go where?

for the last ones I have no Idea, myself, that's why I want some suggestions and debate among us to determine the best skills that go in each area. For this to work you must have reason to back up your claim :D....

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 21, 12 at 6:01am
Cylos

I find evasion lancing easier and more efficient than guard lancing. However I primarily evade lance against Deviljho ( which was made for lancers ). I find lance to be situational depending on the monster, so some times guard is better than evade, but I'd definitely have adrenaline with guard/evade if possible.

Oct 20, 12 at 10:25pm
RockofKuthian

quote Its_my_time24
quote RockofKuthian
I also think constitution should be added to lancing. Also some skills are used for more than one weapon. Such as sharpness+1. What weapon ISN'T it good on. Although I do think sharpness+1 is especially useful with hammers because the higher the sharpness level, the more KO damage u give. Also I think guard is garbage with sns.
Its not good with a bowgun
I left that as a given....

Oct 20, 12 at 9:31pm
Its_my_time24

quote RockofKuthian
I also think constitution should be added to lancing. Also some skills are used for more than one weapon. Such as sharpness+1. What weapon ISN'T it good on. Although I do think sharpness+1 is especially useful with hammers because the higher the sharpness level, the more KO damage u give. Also I think guard is garbage with sns.
Its not good with a bowgun

Oct 20, 12 at 7:48pm
RockofKuthian

Oct 20, 12 at 9:41am
Kholdstare

Here be my opinion:

Swax skills should be things that focus on power and movement like evasion and who or adrenaline.

Sns like people said should be supportive

Ls all out attck and evasio
Hammer the and crit draw or focus and hge

Gs crit draw , focus, evasion

Lance guard+1 and 2. And status up and razor sharp, I usually use lances for status

I also think that a bowguns skills depend entirely on what ammo you plan on focusing on.

Oct 20, 12 at 6:53am
TTHOM96

What about skills for the switch axe?

Oct 09, 12 at 4:26pm
Its_my_time24

I'd have to say that SnS' is skills are (for the most part) utility skills...Well, i use several utility skills as a SnS user, although, i deal a pretty fair amount of damage. I also would have to say razor sharp is a pretty useful skill for SnS, capitilizing from your suggestion for minds eye.

Hammer skills, DEFINETLY are HGE and sharpness+1.

For greatsword, i would also recommend (not alot of people see this) evade up. I mean, right after a level 3 charge, you wanna evade as far as possible since the movement with a greatsword is rather slow. Also, evade up has saved my life plenty of times.

P.S wildfire you forgot bowguns

Oct 09, 12 at 4:00pm
wildfire

Cylos

So you're saying that SnS users would be better off as group supporters? I agree with you on that, and I forgot one skill that I think suits SnS better than any other skill: Mind's eye. You want to be able to deliver your status/element attack as quick and as often as possible regardless of whether your weapon is sharp enough to penetrate the monster's hide.

Oct 09, 12 at 12:02pm
Cylos

I'll touch upon your Sword and Shield skill choices:
I wouldn't really say Atk up is the best skill ideally, since the SnS is primarily focused on Elemental/Status. I'm not saying Attack up should be avoided entirely, but it could be replaced with more skills that are efficient for the playstyle.
I would also suggest 'Wide Range' for SnS, solely for the reason that you can use items whilst you have the weapon out, so for example if you have a teammate that is half health about to get 1 hit KO'ed by Deviljho a split second potion may save them. Or a quick buff just to keep them going or add on to the damage. One of my sets has wide range and the number of times it's kept the group from failing the quest simply because I'm operating as the healer is surprising.

Oct 09, 12 at 8:02am
wildfire

This is a discussion that is mainly for me to ask: What skills do better with what weapon?

Its_my_time24 asked a very similar question on the Armor set requests thread, and I have to do it every time I index a set :D ... The problem arises when you have a set that could go in more than one category and I'd like to put said set in one category because it doesn't look professional to have repeat sets.

So for each set category that I have on my Armor Set Index, What skills go where?

for the last ones I have no Idea, myself, that's why I want some suggestions and debate among us to determine the best skills that go in each area. For this to work you must have reason to back up your claim :D....