Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Assassin's Creed III » Is AC too easy? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Abstergo Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Unity Altair Arno Assassin Connor Ezio

hideOriginal Post

Oct 09, 12 at 1:51amRigest

I really enjoyed the previous assassins creed games, but they all have one flaw imo: they are just too easy. The combat is really easy and doesn't provide much challenge, but also the free running is just too easy. The more challenging a game the more rewarding it is when you pull it off. How do you guys feel about this? Should they provide different difficulty settings?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 30, 13 at 10:19am
Paranoid Android

Playing as an assassin who hops off buildings to catch his enemies by surprise shouldn't be a huge challenge. That's the focal point of the game. But thankfully Ubi included a degree of challenge into the series that will have you replay the level a couple of times before you can finally win. Whether it's a race to beat the clock or a rough battle with several brutes that require perfect timing before you can hack and slash, the difficulty is still there. Then there's the fact that you're an assassin and the bulk of your enemies are regular old troops or whatever.

I think Ubi definitely stepped up the difficulty in Black Flag. Your ship can be decimated far too easily.
quote Resilience
I felt it should have went from a Hard to Easy difficulty as the story went on.

A beginning assassin would struggle against people. However, after they've become masters, killing guards by the numbers wouldn't be difficult at all.
Agreed.

Nov 29, 13 at 8:10am
Resilience

I felt it should have went from a Hard to Easy difficulty as the story went on.

A beginning assassin would struggle against people. However, after they've become masters, killing guards by the numbers wouldn't be difficult at all.

Nov 27, 13 at 10:11pm
Grup

It's a pity the series is so easy. Even if they just gave a normal and hard setting that changed the amount of damage afflicted to your character and only allow healing outside of battle it would make it way more satisfying. You know a game is too easy when you can find the max number of enemies possible (100+) and still easily come out on top. With major increases in damage at least keeping stealthy would be more a priority, and getting caught in battles with overwhelming numbers would mean escape would come into play a lot more.

Apr 08, 13 at 5:31am
HunterKiller666

I think that's why they are adding all these ranged weapons in order to add more variety to the fights. Tbh I can see this game working well with combat system from Batman games.

Apr 08, 13 at 12:51am
Dududa

I wouldn't say it's too easy. It depends of how often do you play and on personal skills. For me - it's not too easy.

Apr 07, 13 at 4:06pm
Intoxication

Yes, you can take on the entire army and be a massmurderer, if that's the route you want to take. But that's just one of the option, one way of playing the game. The challenge of the game is stealth, completing your missions/assassination without being detected, be an assassin.

Apr 07, 13 at 3:30pm
Boo

I agree completely with the most of you.

Games nowadays have the option to go up a level in difficulty, and yet the AC series sticks to it's old fashioned ways. They literally only need to turn up how the guards attack and lower Connor's health. That would at least spark a bit more of a challenge. But now I've worked out how to block effortlessly, not even the big guards are a threat anymore, it's getting a little dull.

In fact, perhaps the best fight in AC3 was against Haytham, who was more than just a monkey who swings a sword.

Apr 07, 13 at 11:34am
96ace96

i have just played ac and ac 2 and i find them WAY to easy, maybe people like it easy but when i get the mission to assisnate a guy, and in the middle of it i relise i can just solo his ENTIRE ARMY, without any problem whatsoever, im not an assasin im a massmurderer, an unstoppable killing machine. I want difficoulty settings in these games so much, and i want the combat to be so hard you baerly fight more than a couple of guys alone, (on top settings) and i dont want to be able to solo the citys entire corps.

Dec 28, 12 at 9:27am
est000dog

Combat sucks:
a) you just to counters and be bored
b) try to have some fun -> die

combat system sucks alot

Nov 03, 12 at 12:30pm
Gonzales

quote ZombieTheKiller
quote Gonzales
Some of the enemies seem unbeatable as well, the counters didn't even stop the attacks and breaking defence did nothing either.
You will need to disarm them, to do so Press O/B to block then X/A to remove their weapon after you block their attack.
Yeah, I figured that out already! Thanks though