Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » Finally getting a 3DS.... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DS Logo Animal Crossing New Leaf Castlevania Lord of Shadow Cooking Mama DKC Returns 3D Dead or Alive Dimensions Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Fire Emblem Awakening Harvest Moon A New Beginning Kid Icarus Uprising Luigis Mansion Dark Moon Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Mario Kart 7 Dream Team Monster Hunter 4 New Super Mario Bros 2 Amsey Sigma Squiggle Heibai Swampert X Eiche Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Pokemon X Pokemon Y Project X Zone Resident Evil Revelations Rune Factory 4 Mario 3D Land Shin Megami Tensei IV Sonic Generations Star Fox 64 3D Paper Mario Sticker Star Tales of the Abyss

hideOriginal Post

Oct 08, 12 at 9:31pmCAGarber

Well i'm finally getting a 3DS, and I need a little bit of feedback. I'm a big fan of first-party nintendo games and i'm wondering what to pick up, I'm getting the 3DS off craigslist for 100 bucks and have about 50 left towards a game, Which of these do you recommend me getting...

Super Mario Land 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7

Starfox and Zelda will be bought for sure down the road, but one of the three games above will be the only game I have for 2 weeks and I figured it ought to be something new. Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 12 at 3:11pm
CAGarber

Smarti3 Look forward to playing with you once I get some MP games, maybe i'll get Pokemon black or white 2. Haven't played pokemon since the red and blue versions were still new Loved them though.

Oct 14, 12 at 9:58am
smarti3

Hey CAGarber I'll add you

I myself only got a 3DS friday so I've also got no friends. I only have one game which is Pokemon Black 2 but I aim to get MK7 sometime soon. Would be good to have someone to play online with!

Oct 13, 12 at 5:22pm
CAGarber

Just a follow up, finally got my 3DS on Thursday with Mario 3D Land. Love it! Love all the features of the system too, namely netflix and virtual console, anyways add me! I have no 3DS Friends, would love to play mariokart or something with some of you FC: 5155-4330-9975

Oct 09, 12 at 10:53am
bbb7002004

I liked it, probably put 10-15 hours into it at launch. Its pretty simple though, so to get the most out of it you need to be one of those people who like to redo levels in attempts to perfect your time/score. I'll still pop it in occassionally for a relaxing fly around the island.

I haven't played the other games in the series though, so I can't say how it stacks up.

Oct 09, 12 at 10:48am
CAGarber

Read up on Mario Land 3D, i'll be getting it. But let me ask this, has anyone tried pilotwings? I got Pilotwings with my SNES back in 91 and had PW64 with my N64 in 96 and adored them both, how's this one?

Oct 09, 12 at 9:53am
bbb7002004

I had more fun with Mario Kart 7 myself, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:41pm
Gotenks

Go with Super Mario 3D Land. Out of those three games you listed, 3D Land is the best out of them. In my eyes, it had great 3D, the platforming is great and the game is pretty fun. It's pretty easy but so is NSMB2 and MK7 to an extent.

MK7 would be my number 2 choice out of those three. It's a really fun racing game and good addition to the Mario Kart series.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:31pm
CAGarber

Well i'm finally getting a 3DS, and I need a little bit of feedback. I'm a big fan of first-party nintendo games and i'm wondering what to pick up, I'm getting the 3DS off craigslist for 100 bucks and have about 50 left towards a game, Which of these do you recommend me getting...

Super Mario Land 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7

Starfox and Zelda will be bought for sure down the road, but one of the three games above will be the only game I have for 2 weeks and I figured it ought to be something new. Thanks