Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Assassin's Creed III » Most Looking Forward To? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Abstergo Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Unity Altair Arno Assassin Connor Ezio

hideOriginal Post

Oct 08, 12 at 3:18pmTheBeardedMan

So near to release I thought this would be a good discussion. What are you most looking forward to in the game is it the new setting, new protagonist, new combat or just new anything?

For me its the new locomotion, the way Connor runs is just a lot quicker and natural looking and he climbs building a lot faster not to mention scaling cliffs and climbing trees. It would've been the hunting but I discovered that when an animal attacks you there's a QTE

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 29, 12 at 10:48am
Gonzales

1. Seeing Ubisoft doing Desmond some justice. I've always enjoyed the Modern Day stuff but felt that in terms of gameplay, there's never a lot. Ubi kept claiming there was more Desmond in each game, but the most Desmond gameplay was probably in AC2. (Escape from Abstergo, halfway through, the end). Brotherhood had the option to exit the animus and explore Monteriggioni but the only real purpose was to earn a few trophies/achievements. In Revelations, I don't really count the first person sequences as proper Desmond action (interesting as they were).

2. The Homestead. I liked building up Monteriggioni in AC2, and whilst regenerating Rome was brilliant as it was essentially part of the story (Brotherhood), it got a bit much in Revelations as Constantinople just had far too much to buy. Hopefully the Homestead is more dynamic than the Villa, but not as overbearing as Constantinople.

3. America. Ezio was fantastic, but with his story over, it's great that there is a new setting. In the land of opportunity, there are new people, new places, new gadgets and a new protaganist.

Oct 28, 12 at 3:26am
oni_hero

1.) Building my Homestead(as in seeing how this stuff plays out).
2.) Seeing how to recruit and train the 6(I think it is down to that now) assassins of my choice.
3.) Trading system. Caravan robbing is the shit.

Under that is the general stuff like running through the forest, hunting, playing around in the city. God I can't wait!!!!

Oct 26, 12 at 8:12pm
ambing1

For one, I'm expecting that this fifth installment of such an excellent series will be bigger than the first ones. Looking at some scant literature and trailers about the game, ACIII is going to make my knowledge about the American Revolution a little bit updated. I know the game is fictional but it will still be great looking at how modern artists portray early America, and a very historic part at that.
I was a little disappointed by Assassin's Creed: Revelations because it looked familiar to its predecessor. The American Revolution theme will certainly be a new change of landscape for the game mostly centered on European setting.
I also expect that the combat system will be great. I don't say the previous ones were not but based on Ubisoft's pre-release statements, it looks like the combat system will be overhauled to an extent. I liked their idea of allowing dual-weild weapons as well as human shields. Movement-wise, Connor looks differently when moving about so hopefully they will also modify Altair's Ezio's movement.
The graphics also look naturally stunning for this one. Environmental changes are also advertised to affect gameplay so it will be fun to play around with it. I can't wait to try myself how to take advantage of thick fog when assaulting or conducting missions. That would really add more flavor to this game. With the setting on both Boston and New York, I also expect more fluid chases in contrast to the tight spaces in medieval cities for both AC 1 and 2.
With this new Ubisoft trailer, it does not take much thinking that AC III is going to be the finest game in this series this year.

Oct 24, 12 at 7:50am
Jet Odessa

basically looking forward to the whole lot. new character, hunting and fighting system, and day/night cycle and weather cycle. also anything to do with the Frontier, and lots and lots of exploring.

Oct 14, 12 at 1:13pm
AvidGamer

I'm looking forward to the MP, and the new setting and of course the fighting.

Oct 11, 12 at 6:55am
Isilwen

Just a whole new story, character and setting. Those things alone are what I'm looking forward to a lot. We've all been waiting for a completely new protagonist since AC:2 (although I loved Brotherhood and Revelations to death), so I just can't wait to see what Connor will bring and how Desmond's story will wrap up.

Also looking forward to the new hunting system and the new settings. Snow and wilderness, it's gonna be great!

Oct 11, 12 at 5:47am
Taki

I'm looking forward to anything that involves Frontier.

Oct 11, 12 at 1:37am
Hurricarno

Obviously excited to see where the story goes in the present as well as the past. But I think exploration is what I enjoy the most, so the Frontier especially I'm looking forward to just wandering around finding whatever surprises are out there.

Oct 10, 12 at 2:45pm
Dragoon

Totally didn't see this thread!

Other the the story and seeing what they've been building up to, I'm very interested in seeing and using the Hunting System in the game. It looks so sophisticated and detailed. Can't wait! There's also the who exploration thing that comes with every AC title and always sucks time out of my life haha.

Oct 08, 12 at 3:18pm
TheBeardedMan

So near to release I thought this would be a good discussion. What are you most looking forward to in the game is it the new setting, new protagonist, new combat or just new anything?

For me its the new locomotion, the way Connor runs is just a lot quicker and natural looking and he climbs building a lot faster not to mention scaling cliffs and climbing trees. It would've been the hunting but I discovered that when an animal attacks you there's a QTE