Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Wii U GamePad Reminiscent of Rejected Wii Prototype Controller » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 08, 12 at 2:53pmDark Arcanine

Source

During the development of the Wii, Nintendo created a number of different prototype controllers and eventually settled on the Wii Remote. Surprisingly, one of the rejected prototypes was inspired by the design of the DS and featured a touchscreen, much like the Wii U GamePad.

It'd give those people thinking the Wii U is something to enhance their Wii more of a basis I suppose, haha.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 06, 13 at 12:50pm
XxSkelterXx

I doubt that you work for Nintendo to be honest. Nintendo is a prestigious company that's professional, and its known for excelling at everything they do. I dont think they would let a kid that can't spell the word vault anywhere near their games.. As for you sneaking in and playing Mario 128, now thats just lol worthy.

Jan 06, 13 at 12:05pm
?????????

actually that statement is true i work for nintendo as a beta tester what is great about the job is i got my hands on luigis mansion BETA DUM DUM DUM!!! but seriuously though the wii was orriganally a gamepad like remote and at a small point in its development was supposed to be a portible now bbb700 nintendo does have a vult of ideas that wernt used for use (i got in and played super mario 128 sweeet) however its in nintendo HQ i snuck in and played some games including sm64 2 ura zelda (should not have been canceled was complete) and also i was able to play some story mode of pikmin 3

Nov 07, 12 at 11:56am
AgatioGanon

I think this controller would be less evil than the Wii Nunchuk that we were forced to use on many Wii games.

Oct 10, 12 at 1:16pm
bbb7002004

I'd love a tour through Nintnedo's closet of unused ideas.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:36pm
Dark Arcanine

Yeah, I'm glad they decided to diversify at the time and focus on motion controls.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:29pm
Zombie_Barioth

Thats pretty interesting, can't say I'm surprised though. If I recall Nintendo has a reputation for drawing inspiration from their past work including prototypes. Its also pretty common among the industry as a whole.

Oct 08, 12 at 2:53pm
Dark Arcanine

Source

During the development of the Wii, Nintendo created a number of different prototype controllers and eventually settled on the Wii Remote. Surprisingly, one of the rejected prototypes was inspired by the design of the DS and featured a touchscreen, much like the Wii U GamePad.

It'd give those people thinking the Wii U is something to enhance their Wii more of a basis I suppose, haha.