Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Wii U GamePad Reminiscent of Rejected Wii Prototype Controller » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 08, 12 at 2:53pmDark Arcanine

Source

During the development of the Wii, Nintendo created a number of different prototype controllers and eventually settled on the Wii Remote. Surprisingly, one of the rejected prototypes was inspired by the design of the DS and featured a touchscreen, much like the Wii U GamePad.

It'd give those people thinking the Wii U is something to enhance their Wii more of a basis I suppose, haha.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 06, 13 at 12:50pm
XxSkelterXx

I doubt that you work for Nintendo to be honest. Nintendo is a prestigious company that's professional, and its known for excelling at everything they do. I dont think they would let a kid that can't spell the word vault anywhere near their games.. As for you sneaking in and playing Mario 128, now thats just lol worthy.

Jan 06, 13 at 12:05pm
?????????

actually that statement is true i work for nintendo as a beta tester what is great about the job is i got my hands on luigis mansion BETA DUM DUM DUM!!! but seriuously though the wii was orriganally a gamepad like remote and at a small point in its development was supposed to be a portible now bbb700 nintendo does have a vult of ideas that wernt used for use (i got in and played super mario 128 sweeet) however its in nintendo HQ i snuck in and played some games including sm64 2 ura zelda (should not have been canceled was complete) and also i was able to play some story mode of pikmin 3

Nov 07, 12 at 11:56am
AgatioGanon

I think this controller would be less evil than the Wii Nunchuk that we were forced to use on many Wii games.

Oct 10, 12 at 1:16pm
bbb7002004

I'd love a tour through Nintnedo's closet of unused ideas.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:36pm
Dark Arcanine

Yeah, I'm glad they decided to diversify at the time and focus on motion controls.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:29pm
Zombie_Barioth

Thats pretty interesting, can't say I'm surprised though. If I recall Nintendo has a reputation for drawing inspiration from their past work including prototypes. Its also pretty common among the industry as a whole.

Oct 08, 12 at 2:53pm
Dark Arcanine

Source

During the development of the Wii, Nintendo created a number of different prototype controllers and eventually settled on the Wii Remote. Surprisingly, one of the rejected prototypes was inspired by the design of the DS and featured a touchscreen, much like the Wii U GamePad.

It'd give those people thinking the Wii U is something to enhance their Wii more of a basis I suppose, haha.