Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Wii U Versus The Rest Interview with Reggie » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 08, 12 at 2:46pmDark Arcanine

Source

Q: Will the Wii U and its capabilities last you through the next console generation?

A: We think so. It's based on having great graphics, it's based on having a robust online execution. We believe that this system is going to have a very long life, and it's going to be very well supported by third-party publishers.

Some of his answers are pretty good and/or managed to amuse me, so overall a good interview. Full interview can be found at the source.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 9:07am
Trev_GFC

Meh most of the interview talking about the TV service. If I buy the Wii-U it's for the games, not for an inferior TV provider or on-demand app. I have Virgin thank you very much!

Oct 09, 12 at 3:42pm
XxSkelterXx

Wow, can this Interview is full of Bullshit..Let me address what bothers me the most..

Robust ONLINE execution?? Is that what I just heard? That's BULLSHIT...PSN will kick Nintendo's shitty friend code based so called "Robust Online execustion'... Imagine what Xbox live will due to it?

Graphics? This coming from the people that decided to make a next gen system only marginally more powerful than the ps3??

I am not saying the Wii U will suck. I am just shocked that Nintendo would think of us as dumb..Graphics, and online component are the 2 things they suck the most at..

They should just stick to Zelda, and their kiddie games..That's what they are good at.

Oct 09, 12 at 11:26am
DedValve

Anyone expecting the Xbox 720/PS4 to be miles ahead of the Wuu will be sorely disappointed. At best first party exclusives will be far beyond the Wuu's capabilities but in a world where multiplatform is the most profitibal form of business mixed with smaller and smaller console leaps (the gap between 720 and 360 wont be as big as Xbox to 360 for example) Nintendo is right on the market. Their already currently being heavily supported by third parties and I don't think that's bound to change at all even when the other 2 consoles get released.

Oct 09, 12 at 7:57am
Duncan Idaho

quote bbb7002004
do has also said they want to really move Wii's in the Latin American markets, now that they can manufacture them cheaper and keep the price down for the poorer parts of the region.
the problem is tha tthe console is already moving on the Latin american market, the nintendo wii si the cheapest one and the most sold bheind the PS2 which is the other popular, on handhelds the 3DS overtakes the PSP and VITA, the issue is that nintendo lacks of any official stores in latin american, or rather south america, since the only official ones i can find are on mexico and brazil, venezuela used to have one and was turned onto a dry cleaner, nintendo needs to stablish their own stores and regulate the prices via the stores since the issue is that the sellers buy en mass individual wii's (for example) at black dollars (12 bsf=1 $) now the issue is that if you the math the price isnt high but this sellers triplicate the price of the merchanside and this is due to all of them being non official retailers, electronic shops,etc.

Oct 09, 12 at 6:19am
bbb7002004

I imagine they'll see good Wii sales for the next few years, once they get it at a sub $100 price point. They won't be selling it to "gamers" anymore though, which is why the industry tends to ignore the late adopters for whom price is a major concern and the large back catalog of games is appealing.

I think Nintendo has also said they want to really move Wii's in the Latin American markets, now that they can manufacture them cheaper and keep the price down for the poorer parts of the region.

Oct 08, 12 at 10:37pm
Zombie_Barioth

That was a pretty nice interview, I especially liked the comment about having the best mouse trap.

I've always liked the way Reggie is serious but still takes a light hearted, optimistic approach rather than a stiff business-man like one. It sounds like Nintendo are taking a wait and see approach and are prepared to go with the flow, everything seems setup to follow the market no matter what direction it goes. Everything sounds very promising and I'm even more excited for the Wii U.

[color=navy]I do find it rather silly they're still putting so much stock into the Wii selling so late into the console's lifespan. I think most people who want one probably already do and if anything they'll see an increase in accessory sales as people buy more Wii remotes and stuff.

Oct 08, 12 at 2:46pm
Dark Arcanine

Source

Q: Will the Wii U and its capabilities last you through the next console generation?

A: We think so. It's based on having great graphics, it's based on having a robust online execution. We believe that this system is going to have a very long life, and it's going to be very well supported by third-party publishers.

Some of his answers are pretty good and/or managed to amuse me, so overall a good interview. Full interview can be found at the source.