Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Accusations of cheating at the League of Legends World Championship, Riot responds » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Oct 07, 12 at 11:31ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 10, 12 at 2:24pm
WakeCraterWind

quote Lorx
SK Ocelote posted a rather long message on reddit with his opinions about the recent happenings. It's a bit long, but here's the part that really struck me:
The sub-Reddit to that made my eyes bleed.

Oct 10, 12 at 9:25am
Tashur Astur

The pause didn't matter, the minimap is blacked out during the pause. What matters is when they looked at the screen during the actual game and then pinged the location of the enemy team with no ward coverage etc. and with it not being a likely spot to ping.

Oct 10, 12 at 8:15am
Seik

It really doesn't matter at this point of what happened. Players from both teams looked at the mini map at the pause, who did it first does not matter or what they thought at the time doesn't matter, because in the end, they both 'cheated'. Azubu Frost did not comment on the matter, at least not to Riot, but TSM did comment and in the end, Regi stated to the community that they should accept the results. Therefore, as TSM and Azubu Frost are okay with it, no action will be taken place.

Also, Riot is trying to get League on a global scale. DQ'n the only korean team left right after the NA team was knocked out would counter that objective.

Oct 10, 12 at 6:37am
Tashur Astur

ok that sucks. TSM will apparantly have to continue carrying him then.

Oct 09, 12 at 9:38pm
euben0

quote Tashur Astur
Reginald considered retiring way before S2 Championships, win or lose. Also, he made another video stating that he's not retiring.
iirc he said he's not retiring if TSM can't find a suitable replacement. From what I understand he wants to find someone fit to lead TSM since he himself was the old leader of the team, and he obviously doesn't want his team to burn.
No, he's not retiring at all. He said he wasn't making the right choice because he was saddened after losing to AF. He's ready for S3

Oct 09, 12 at 11:24am
Tashur Astur

Reginald considered retiring way before S2 Championships, win or lose. Also, he made another video stating that he's not retiring.
iirc he said he's not retiring if TSM can't find a suitable replacement. From what I understand he wants to find someone fit to lead TSM since he himself was the old leader of the team, and he obviously doesn't want his team to burn.

Oct 09, 12 at 12:49am
Inuyasha19

I think this was the most objective account on all of the drama that I've read today. Which, I think, is impressive considering the rest of the community foaming at the mouth, ready to tear everything apart.

I think it's a good learning experience for Riot and I think that regardless, competitive players will still strive to be more as long as Riot continues hosting tournaments. Good for eSports!

Oct 08, 12 at 8:48pm
Lorx

SK Ocelote posted a rather long message on reddit with his opinions about the recent happenings. It's a bit long, but here's the part that really struck me:

Grand Finals are soon, And I can put my hand on fire knowing that everything will run smooth. Be sure Riot won't commite twice the same mistake, ever.

Im not gonna be playing there, as u know already, as we got owned in groupphase by better teams. But Ill be watching the finals LIVE, as the respect for this sport and my opponents keep me here. So no, Im not gonna take the early flight and Im gonna make sure I enjoy one of the best shows in eSports, ever.

See you there. ocelote.

TL;DR: lend a hand, Riot is doing good. Dont be so hard on them and help this to grow with positive feedback. Work together to make this grow. See u in the finals.
Really the entire post is great, and covers a couple things related to the internet problems, cheating accusations, etc. Anybody emotionally invested in the tournament thus far, should really read that. Props to him for that post, really good stuff.

Oct 08, 12 at 6:29pm
Chaosfire

quote BluAnimal
quote Article
Reginald, after Team Solomid's 0-2 loss to team Azubu Frost, announced he was retiring from competitive League of Legends.

He was planning on retiring for a while, and said it was a sure thing if they didn't perform well in the finals. He's planning on going to school.

Oct 08, 12 at 3:46pm
Lorx

Yeah the point to take away from Crystallux's post is that people will do anything to attempt and win, including discrediting teams that beat them.

That's most likely why Riot stated officially that no cheating has happened, that's the foot coming down and the line being drawn.

quote bl00
Lorx http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/brianpinneyphotography/AF1JPEG.jpg

And http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=537432&d=1349578938 clearly shows that the players can see the screen that displays the minimap from where they sit. It's pretty blatant, stop playing devil's advocate.
That's not what devil's advocate means, and nobody here has said the screens were not in view.