Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Are animation hacks possible? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 07, 12 at 11:20amPhlogiston

So, being mainly targeted at Kholdstare... are animation hacks, by any stretch of the imagination, possible to pull off in MH3? IIRC, texture hacks won't show up on other peoples' screens, but what about messing with the type of weapon attacks, gestures, etc?

I would love to see a hunter BREAKDANCING instead of doing that boring waltz thing.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 29, 12 at 10:17am
Kholdstare

quote Phlogiston
I see movement hackers running with a cut "run" animation all the time, so I assume it's possible. Animations also cut when something hits you, so idk if one could make oneself flinch on command...
Now animation cuts of a hunter animation are possible, but not monster animation.
All u have to do is use moonjump,.but only press the button briefly so that it cuts off your roll or knockback or even gun revoil, I do it all the time....or at least, I used to >.>

Oct 29, 12 at 6:47am
Phlogiston

I see movement hackers running with a cut "run" animation all the time, so I assume it's possible. Animations also cut when something hits you, so idk if one could make oneself flinch on command...

Oct 29, 12 at 4:53am
J

is it possable then to cut animations? Like my guy always flexing after EVERY item use.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:52pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Kholdstare
Hi khold, to answer the question, it is not possible i am afraid, you see unlike texture hacking you need to create whole 3D models for an animation, it is the same reason why no one mods extesivley the DS fire emblems or the GC and wii one, you need to make 3D "sprites" that match the programming then you need to create a series of pointers for each animation to trigger.

Oct 10, 12 at 6:54am
Phlogiston

Ya, it does seem like a lot of work...
Idk alot about the game's mechanics, what can be changed and what can't, but I bet if one went deep enough one could manage it. I mean, you can see what other players are doing - getting knocked around and such, which direction they're walking, gestures of course. Sometimes you can see these glitch as your game or someone else's lags a bit, so I'm guessing your game reads the virtual positions of people, their limbs and whatnot, and tries to represent them on your screen, as opposed to having set animations for events (like getting hit). The question is, is your system only capable of displaying animations that were originally written in-game? I mean, they do change - swords slow down in weak spots, combos can break off...

Oct 09, 12 at 2:11pm
Kholdstare

quote Phlogiston
So, being mainly targeted at Kholdstare... are animation hacks, by any stretch of the imagination, possible to pull off in MH3? IIRC, texture hacks won't show up on other peoples' screens, but what about messing with the type of weapon attacks, gestures, etc?

I would love to see a hunter BREAKDANCING instead of doing that boring waltz thing.
I'm sure they could be, but it seems like it would be difficult. Plus, I don't think anyone but you would be able to see it.

Also, to my knowledge, I dont think I've ever seen anyone pull off what you're asking and there are ALOT of talented programmers out there.

tbh I don't know a whole lot about modding when it comes to patching in textures and the like.
Hell, I had to have a step by step walkthrough for textures by "Mysterio64" off youtube.

so yeah I'd like to say no but I'm not 100% sure. sorry

Oct 07, 12 at 11:20am
Phlogiston