Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dark Souls » Dex/faith build to low dmg (need help i am new) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 07, 12 at 11:10amrogun12

Hi, i recently started to play DS and just loving the game. I took a cleric whose stat are atm : 16 vit 11 att 20 end 14 str 15 dex and 14 faith. I use the astoria straight sword but my damage is really low, (i have drake sword but can only use it 2h), beating the gargoyles boss was quite hard but i did it, but now going further in game is hard with that low dmg. (Unless i am going the wrong way i killed the mini boss just beside the forgeron). So basically i want a fast melee fighter that is why i choose dex/faith build. I will be able to use DMB (i heard you have a bad invade rate with the DM conveniant so i might not go for it and use SLB instead, can you tell me if it's true?) ( i have to say i love katana and i'd like to use uchigatana 1h with a shield)

The build i want to reach is : (PVP/PVE)

40 vit 12 att¸
40 end 14 str
40 dex
8 int 11 res
30 faith (i don't know is it's worth to drop end to 30 to get faint 50 at sl 125) tell me

So my question is when am i going to be able to use another good weapon 1h with shield ? How much more dex do i need to put and should i use more str ? What can i do to up that dmg so i can move foward easily ?

Thanks a lot P.S: If i don't go for DMB would it be better to start a pyromancer and go for CMW instead or SLB is has good ?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 12 at 7:49am
rogun12

i answered my question myself thanks !!

Oct 09, 12 at 5:56am
rogun12

thanks and re-thanks last question now !

1.So is sunlight blade as good as Tin crystalization catalyst cause i might not want to go for DMB since it's seems it as a pretty bad invade rate?

2.What is the miracle that make you a nice armor to all magical thing ?

thanks again !

Oct 08, 12 at 5:39pm
Aura

^ That's pretty much what I stick to, the only things I've found that don't have such a diminished return when raising stats past 40 and up to 50, are the Darkmoon Talisman, and the Tin Crystallization Catalyst.

Oct 08, 12 at 8:55am
Proximity007

After 40 on any stat really (except for endurance) you really get a diminishing return on the amount of stat increases you get versus the amount of souls your paying for it. The only reason you would want 50 faith is if you wanted to use the sunlight spear

Oct 07, 12 at 11:06pm
jomoh71

1. You will be able to sell stuff after a while, but to very low rates of souls. It will not happen before you have rung both Bells.

2 I would not trade 10 points in END to reach 50. You will get a bit more damage out of spells, but the return for adding points into a stat after 40 is really not worth it.

Oct 07, 12 at 3:07pm
rogun12

thanks a lot for that answer ! I have two other quick question for you.

1. Can we sell useless equip in the game and how ?

2. Would it be worth gettin 50 faith instead of 40 end (going 30 end) ? What would be the pro and cons of this ? (I was thinking of getting WoG, SLB and maybe DMB not sure ...)

Oct 07, 12 at 12:13pm
Proximity007

rogun12

Astora's straight sword is a really good weapon to start out because it does about the same as the drake sword and has better scaling, that being said scaling is probably your problem. If you look at the weapon stats you'll see letters at the bottom those correspond to strength, dex, int, and faith and the scaling goes from E being the lowest to D,C,B,A, and S at the highest.The more points you put into those stats the more the weapon strength will increase. For example if something has scaling of of an "E" in strength and a "B" in dex when you increase either of those stats your weapon strength will go up but the B in dex will give you more bang for your souls because it is the better stat. So take astora's straight sword which has a C scale in 3 stats you want to put the majority of your points in those to buff up the sword, the same principle also applies to talismans and catalysts.

To answer your other question, i would stay with astora's sword until you can make boss weapons or elemental weapons. I'm probably over thinking this but whatever i hope that helps

Oct 07, 12 at 11:10am
rogun12

Hi, i recently started to play DS and just loving the game. I took a cleric whose stat are atm : 16 vit 11 att 20 end 14 str 15 dex and 14 faith. I use the astoria straight sword but my damage is really low, (i have drake sword but can only use it 2h), beating the gargoyles boss was quite hard but i did it, but now going further in game is hard with that low dmg. (Unless i am going the wrong way i killed the mini boss just beside the forgeron). So basically i want a fast melee fighter that is why i choose dex/faith build. I will be able to use DMB (i heard you have a bad invade rate with the DM conveniant so i might not go for it and use SLB instead, can you tell me if it's true?) ( i have to say i love katana and i'd like to use uchigatana 1h with a shield)

The build i want to reach is : (PVP/PVE)

40 vit 12 att¸
40 end 14 str
40 dex
8 int 11 res
30 faith (i don't know is it's worth to drop end to 30 to get faint 50 at sl 125) tell me

So my question is when am i going to be able to use another good weapon 1h with shield ? How much more dex do i need to put and should i use more str ? What can i do to up that dmg so i can move foward easily ?

Thanks a lot P.S: If i don't go for DMB would it be better to start a pyromancer and go for CMW instead or SLB is has good ?