Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Kid Icarus: Uprising » Featured Character - Dark Lord Gaol » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! Check out our friend code database!Remember to abide by the sitewide rules when posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 06, 12 at 8:17pmTeam Hydro Aura

This antagonist was first introduced in Chapter 2, Magnus and the Dark Lord. While at first seeming quite intimidating with the big armor at all, it's revealed at the end of the chapter that Gaol is actually female. Although, those can be quite scary, too...

She and Magnus apparently had past adventures together, fighting monsters. However, according to Gaol's Idol, she was captured and forced to wear the armor of the Dark Lord, changing her into a slave of the Underworld Army. Poor Gaol.

What's your opinion of Gaol? What did you think of her as a Boss? Was she easy, hard? Were you surprised when the armor came off? Do you think Gaol is seeeexy Blazing Tempest?

What did you think of her castle? How about her and Magnus' past? How about when they made a return in Chapter 24, when you were fighting for the Great Sacred Treasure?

Discuss it all here, and try not to go too off-topic.. :3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 12 at 12:17pm
cmd17

I think they should've done something more with her, btw muffins

Oct 08, 12 at 8:29am
Capaldi

quote Team Hydro Aura
Never played the original Metroid. I've only played 1 Metroid game, actually. D: It was fun though.

I support MagnusxGaol.

Or alternatively GaolxBT

Oct 07, 12 at 1:08pm
Team Hydro Aura

Never played the original Metroid. I've only played 1 Metroid game, actually. D: It was fun though.

I support MagnusxGaol.

Or alternatively GaolxBT

Oct 07, 12 at 9:34am
KrystalDark

Oh wow I've never noticed that before, and i have Metroid and beat it. XD

Oct 07, 12 at 5:51am
SR THE HEDGEHOG

ok you got a point!

Oct 07, 12 at 5:34am
Capaldi

Kid Icarus has a brother series, Metroid, and in the story mode of Uprising there are several references to the game.
For example, a Komayto enemy is basically a Metroid enemy from, um, Metroid, and in the Chaos Kin Chapter, we hear dialogue from Viridi and Pit talking about how Uprising hasn't copied from Metroid, and that they are nothin a-like (a lie!).
What has this to do with Gaol?
Well, Gaol in a large suit of armour is a reference to Metroid, who's protaganist, Samus, in the first Metroid game, was thought to be a man in a suit of space armour, or an android. At the games end though, it is revealed she is a woman. At the end of Chapter 2, Dark Lord Gaol turns out to be a woman.
Oh and Samus and Gaol are both blonde, which is another thing similar.
See the resemblance?
Seeing how I'm a Metroid ultra-special-awesome fan, and that the only reason I bought Uprising was for the Metroid references... It was pretty easy to guess for me...

Oct 07, 12 at 3:29am
SR THE HEDGEHOG

yes explain away!

Oct 07, 12 at 2:59am
Capaldi

quote Advait
Blaze, you think EVERYONE is a girl!
That's also true, but you could tell she was gonna be a girl...
Should I explain???

Oct 07, 12 at 1:46am
Advait

Blaze, you think EVERYONE is a girl!

Oct 07, 12 at 1:11am
Capaldi

you guys really didn't see Gaol being a girl coming???
Oh...just me then...