Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Best character to play as for a newbie? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 06, 12 at 3:49pmthe_FAMAS_pro

Pretty straight forward. Should i choose a character that fits my playing style? I usually charge in head on guns blazing with shotguns and machine guns killing everything that shoots me, so i picked SALVADOR. ( I AM ALLLIIIVEEE!!!) Dual wielding two shotguns is FUN! But should i keep using him, or switch to a more 'easier to play character' until i get used to the game? thanks in advance (Sorry, it's just that i'm new to the game so i'm like a kid in a candy store)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 12, 13 at 7:22pm
budgiemiester

I say starting from level 1 definitely Axton or Gaige if ya got her. There's nothing like having that extra "man" for tight spots. The turret just destroys everything especially with the right skills. Deathtrap on the other hand can get pretty stupid with too many toys equipped.

Mar 12, 13 at 5:46pm
DQ junkee

^ I disagree completely, cataclysm tree is really good, my brother and i reduce super badass enemies to nothing in a matter of seconds because of it. sure maya isnt SUPPOSED to be a damage character, but with the right skills, she totally can be.

Mar 12, 13 at 1:54pm
Ulti9999

For a newbie, Axton.
For your playstyle. Salvador.
For a variation you may enjoy, Maya / Gaige.
For a character you might want to try but doesn't really fit your style, Zer0.

Maya can actually be played as a Tank / Offense character. Motion skill tree is marvelous for getting control over the battlefield; paired with Harmony you don't even need to put many points into Cataclysm (Which sucks in this game).

Mar 11, 13 at 8:06pm
natedogg

I have beat the game wit all characters and both playthroughs my fave is maya

Oct 08, 12 at 8:17am
Roy

Zer0 is the hardest one to use, then Salvador, Maya, then Axton. I already beat the game with Zer0 (both playthroughs). I am now playing as Salvador. I love the idea of dual wielding.

Oct 08, 12 at 6:41am
DedValve

The sexual Tyrannous is not easy to play. He simply plays. Also I don't think the Bee suits him at all since he gets most of his buffs when he's being attacked and heading facefirst into battle beating the crap out of everyone. Shields with roid damage, lots and lots of roid damage.

If you wanna tank and go headfirst into battle, can't take cover for crap and find yourself down but not out - Salvador
If you wanna sit back and move around freely in the battlefield, love flanking, and avoid battle frequently - Axton
If you love being a support character, medic, and like to slow down the battlefield - Maya
If you suck like Sean - Zero

Oct 08, 12 at 3:31am
KR_1250

I dont know about you as an individual OP,

But i'd say Axton was the best character for Newbies by far. His turret is simply amazing for getting you out of a tight spot. Any time i am near death in this game i throw down a turret and it always gets me out of second chance. Also Axtonn has many perks which beef up health regen and shielding. Thats also a major benifit.

I have now started games with every character and Axton has been the easiest to use by a mile so far.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:59pm
RatedRViper

I think Axton would suit you more. Tje turret killing everything that shoots you, with the addition if slag,small nuke explosion or double turrets help alot. Plus shotguns.... Im Axton and my main weapons are;
Shotgun
Rocket Launcher
Sniper
Pistol

Oct 06, 12 at 6:47pm
Ditnopota

If you're good enough, you can actually play that way with every character. But for starting out, Salvador certainly is a hell of a lot more tanky than everyone else, and would be better suited to your current play style.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:33pm
Solx

Salvador + The Bee shield + any 2 Guns = Armageddon.