Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Kinect / PS Move » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 06, 12 at 2:02pmGregm

So, as I was booting up MLB 12 The Show, I was looking at the Move options listed. Now, I have neither the PS3 Move or the Xbox 360's Kinect, but I've played both, and I wondered if there will be any implementation of either in GTA V.

I really couldn't see it being used other than maybe while driving, but that would be pretty tough to implement, I'd assume.

Actually, come to think of it, the mini-games in GTA V could probably be played using them (Assuming there are some). Bowling would be pretty neat using the "Motion-gaming" systems, along with maybe a driving range or dart type game. As long as it's strictly optional, I wouldn't mind having them included. It would probably make the mini-games fun at least.

So, what do you guys think?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 10, 12 at 8:16am
Master

Move registers your actions more accurately since you're actually holding something for the camera to detect. Kinect has an atrocious delay and isn't always accurate. It also has actual buttons, so you're not flailing around trying to do obscure gestures.

I tried the Star Wars Kinect demo at Best Buy, the beginning had timing-actions to perform and yet they expected you to do it with a half-second delay AND be early. I'm used to blocking/parrying/whatever as late as possible in games, not as soon as the guy you're fighting makes the slightest movement, so you're early enough for the game to detect what the hell it is you're trying to do.

You think the driving sucks now? Try it with a delay.

But don't take that as me LIKING the Move, they're both different flavors of shit.

Oct 10, 12 at 12:29am
KR_1250

quote Gregm
Really? I thought Kinect was actually better than the Move, and I've played both numerous times. Either way, I agree completely with the whole gimmicky 3d shit. I don't want it, never will
Im with ya Greg,

I have never even heard anyone prefer the "Move" before. Ah well each to their own.

I would only be happy if this was A: An option only and B: Only done with minigames like bowling and darts. In that case i think its a great idea.

I dont think the driving should be "kinect" based unless they are going to include full internal driving views. It'll just feel kinda cheap otherwise.

Oct 09, 12 at 1:02pm
TheBeardedMan

I'd like a patch for gta iv that let's you use Kinect that to grab Rockstar, shake them and make them tell us something.

Oct 08, 12 at 8:40am
Oblivion

No harm in throwing that option in there for the minority of players who might enjoy it. I personally don't have Kinect, and don't intend on getting it. But if you happen to have Kinect or PS Move, why not? It might attract more people into getting the game. I would just hope they don't go overboard with it, if they intend to use that feature.

By overboard, I mean practically every aspect can be Kinect/Move compatible, or making certain side missions only accessible by having Kinect/Move. Trial and error, learn from your mistakes. If they do add that feature, it most likely won't be perfect, but rather a good base foundation for future games.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:51pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

3D is actually pretty cool if it's implemented properly.
(As in, the developers don't decide to throw in a 3D feature last-minute).

I'd never use any motion controls in GTA, but I suppose if they wanted to add mini games or something with it- I wouldn't be against it.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:51pm
Ben73

No thank you.
If they did add this feature, I hope you can turn it 100% off. I don't want to play GTA like that.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:16pm
Gregm

Really? I thought Kinect was actually better than the Move, and I've played both numerous times. Either way, I agree completely with the whole gimmicky 3d shit. I don't want it, never will

Oct 06, 12 at 5:40pm
Master

Oh god, please, no... the Move is okay, but Kinect is as useful as a Power Glove. I wish real improvements were being made for gaming and other media (re: OUT NOW IN TWO DEE AND THREE DEEEEEE) instead of these gimmicky peripherals.

Oct 06, 12 at 2:02pm
Gregm

So, as I was booting up MLB 12 The Show, I was looking at the Move options listed. Now, I have neither the PS3 Move or the Xbox 360's Kinect, but I've played both, and I wondered if there will be any implementation of either in GTA V.

I really couldn't see it being used other than maybe while driving, but that would be pretty tough to implement, I'd assume.

Actually, come to think of it, the mini-games in GTA V could probably be played using them (Assuming there are some). Bowling would be pretty neat using the "Motion-gaming" systems, along with maybe a driving range or dart type game. As long as it's strictly optional, I wouldn't mind having them included. It would probably make the mini-games fun at least.

So, what do you guys think?