Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft » Minecraft Lags When Plugged Into AC Charger » Post Reply

Note to Guests:

You are NOT allowed to advertise Minecraft servers, texture packs, videos, or anything else in this forum! Read the full forums rules HERE! For advertising servers please see this forum. Thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Party Bomb Cow Tipper Explosive Diamond Emerald Ender Eye Ender Pearl Lurker Archer Miner No-Brainer

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 1:21am
Chekkaa

Sometimes graphic performance can suffer when you switch video cards. If you have an onboard one and a discrete one, like many laptops do, plugging in your power can cause it to switch automatically. Usually the one it uses when plugged in is the more powerful, discrete one (it switches to the weak one when on battery power so the battery lasts longer), but it's possible that yours in particular can't process OpenGL or something as well as the weak, integrated one. Try configuring Optimus/Switchable Graphics/Catalyst Control Center/whatever and trying to manually specify the card you want to use for Minecraft. Alternatively/additionally, try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version. They're usually available on your laptop manufacturer's website.

If you need more specific help, the model of your laptop would be useful.

Oct 05, 12 at 8:48pm
Zuidy

This has been going on for a while now and is getting very annoying.

Minecraft runs perfectly when playing on battery life. When I am plugged into the charger, even with full charge on my computer, Minecraft has lag spikes here and there.

I have checked my power settings and changed and tweaked them. It seemed to help and my problem was solved. Nope, I guess not, because today the problem persists.

Which is funny, because CPU usage is next to nothing and when plugged in, Minecraft still takes a shitty lag dump all over my computer and it is really pissing me off......

I don't really know what to do from here. Any advice appreciated!