Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale » Disappointed » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 7:20pmSlash

So am I the only one who's disappointed with the roster so far?
I mean it seems like only 20 characters are playable and yet they're missing some old classic favorites. :/
I hope the game also has different modes besides just using Supers to kill your opponent.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 29, 12 at 11:55am
Spook

Yeah, I guess that's true. Casual gaming is sort of what you make it, but comparing the two is still asinine.

Nov 29, 12 at 7:51am
Thigas

quote A Person
I don't see how somebody could be bored of the roster already, considering the depth of the game. I honestly don't even see this game as comparable to Smash, since there's really nothing casual about it.
You are right and wrong IMO.

This game can be casual for casual players. But it also proves to be very deep for the ones seeking to reach high rankings during online play. Comparing it so SB - to put it simple -, one ASBR character is WAY harder to master than SB. I play SB since the first game, and a lot .. but hey guys, stop comparing it so SB, it's not like it ..

Nov 28, 12 at 3:47pm
Spook

I don't see how somebody could be bored of the roster already, considering the depth of the game. I honestly don't even see this game as comparable to Smash, since there's really nothing casual about it.

Nov 28, 12 at 2:03pm
bankaiboi

quote nnnddd101010
I agree. 20 characters isn't enough. SSB Melee had 25 character, and Brawl had 35.

I hope they aren't going to use this as an excuse to Capcom on us (releasing characters as paid DLC).
you cant use those 2 games because SSB melee was the 2nd installment and brawl the 3rd this is only the 1st

Nov 11, 12 at 10:08am
Slash

quote NapoleonDos
Perhaps I am in denial, but I truly don't believe there are only 20 characters.
DLC

Nov 11, 12 at 7:53am
NapoleonDos

Perhaps I am in denial, but I truly don't believe there are only 20 characters.

Nov 08, 12 at 8:37pm
PaRappa

No one seem to mention PaRappa (PS1)... Tbh I'm probably only excited to use Ratchet and Clank (favourite PS2/3 game), Spike and PaRappa (both PS1 games I love).
Kinda wish there was Croc though.

Oct 22, 12 at 2:55pm
Captain Nerditude

Yeah, I agree that quite a few important PS icons have been excluded, but I'm happy to have a few of my favorites to play as. I'm totally gonna kick butt with Spike, Cole and Sackboy!

Oct 21, 12 at 7:07am
JacqueseVonRIP

If they do release more characters as DLC, I just realised they'll have to release them in twos given the rivalry system.... unless they don't give DLC characters a story, which would suck. Oh well. It wouldn't be the end of the world I suppose. As long as we can get more classic characters at some point.

Oct 21, 12 at 2:21am
Kokoro

I'm disappointed too. With a game like this, I was expecting maybe at least about 30 characters and more than one character from a series. Maybe they are saving that for a sequel, if that ever happens.