Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Question » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 7:13pmSlash

I've been thinking of trying out this game since I heard it was good but the first thing I want to know about this game before I try it out is it Pay to win?
Since I don't want to waste my time on this game just to find out people who pay get better exclusive stuff which can affect the gameplay.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 11:08am
Grimdark

There's also a chair under the summoner.

Oct 06, 12 at 7:34am
Chaosfire

quote DC Sniper
quote Chaosfire
The only exclusive pieces of the game are custom textures for you character called "skins" that change your characters appearance and animations. The community is rather fond of these, but they have NO effect on gameplay.
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks made me laugh heartily the first time I saw it. That's an effect on gameplay.

Same thing with reverse Annie.

As for buying things with Riot Points, I only ever buy things that I like (skins and champions) if they're on sale. I picked up Volibear, Brand, and Reverse Annie for 487x3 and saved 12600 IP. Although that's only if the champion has appealed to me before (champs like Kog'Maw or Fizz have not, so I skip them). I've dropped $35 on this game so far but still have most of the points left just because of shrewd buying.

As for gameplay, you can argue that you can buy a powerful champion at 6300 and overwhelm scrubs at lower levels, but besides that, not really.
There's a summoner behind the champion.

Oct 05, 12 at 10:00pm
Grimdark

quote Chaosfire
The only exclusive pieces of the game are custom textures for you character called "skins" that change your characters appearance and animations. The community is rather fond of these, but they have NO effect on gameplay.
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks made me laugh heartily the first time I saw it. That's an effect on gameplay.

Same thing with reverse Annie.

As for buying things with Riot Points, I only ever buy things that I like (skins and champions) if they're on sale. I picked up Volibear, Brand, and Reverse Annie for 487x3 and saved 12600 IP. Although that's only if the champion has appealed to me before (champs like Kog'Maw or Fizz have not, so I skip them). I've dropped $35 on this game so far but still have most of the points left just because of shrewd buying.

As for gameplay, you can argue that you can buy a powerful champion at 6300 and overwhelm scrubs at lower levels, but besides that, not really.

Oct 05, 12 at 9:41pm
ShadowCrystallux

The only thing that gives someone a base advantage is by buying a pack of champions. Having ~20-30 champions (depending on the F2P's) means you can fulfill and learn more roles. But yeah, you can't pay to win this game, but it still makes a nice chunk of money.

Oct 05, 12 at 8:41pm
Chaosfire

You'll never play against anyone with an advantage because they spent money. Certain characters are strong against certain characters, but that's to be expected. Think of it like the type system in pokemon, Water beats fire, but not because water paid fro the advantage.
TL;DR
No.

Oct 05, 12 at 8:08pm
Lorx

Sup Slash.

The CS in this game is clothes, clothes, more clothes. Everything else can be obtained with in-game currency. Some of it costs a decent amount, but nothing compared to what you'd see nexon try to pull, and it is entirely possible and more on-point, viable, to play without ever paying a cent.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:43pm
Etherlight

Nothing that affects game play is cash exclusive.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:22pm
MegaBassMan

quote Slash
I've been thinking of trying out this game since I heard it was good but the first thing I want to know about this game before I try it out is it Pay to win?
Since I don't want to waste my time on this game just to find out people who pay get better exclusive stuff which can affect the gameplay.
The only way to "pay 2 win" is if you pay for IP boosts so you can buy more runes and stuff, but honestly that doesn't affect the gameplay much. I won middle lane even before I completed my rune page, and continue to do so now that it is finished.

So basically, nah. It's not pay to win.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:13pm
Slash