Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Happy Wars » Happy Wars to be released on October 12th » Post Reply

Happy Wars Forum PC 360

profile  pro reviews  discussion board  

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 7:10pmLOD-squa

The Xbox 360 is getting its first free-to-play game very soon thanks to the release date announcement of Happy Wars on Thursday.

Happy Wars will hit Xbox LIVE Arcade on Friday, October 12 and brings large-scale multiplayer battles with castle sieges, swinging swords and deadly spells on fantasy style maps.

The game supports up to 30 players at once and will also allow players to customize their characters with different outfits and equipment. There are multiple game modes including multiplayer, co-op, private matches and even single-player to participate in.

Players will be able to purchase in-game items for their characters using "Happy Gold" earned through play or with real world money. Microsoft and developer Playlogic Inc. plan to continue to release additional items and character customization options regularly just like other free-to-play games.

Microsoft has dabbled with free-to-play ideas in the past starting with Crimson Alliance where you could download the game for free but had to purchase your character. Ascend: New Gods was also announced as a free-to-play title at E3 this past June but will not be released until early 2013.

Coming out on October 12th! I can't wait to have a non-buggy multiplayer, since then I will be able to get a team together and we can just go destroy everything. Anyone else excited?

Source

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 12, 12 at 10:47am
LOD-squa

They usually take a little bit to release it, once the game is out I will be posting it for you guys so you can go download it!

Oct 12, 12 at 5:05am
Alarikk

Okay, it's the 12th. Why, in lolcat speak, I no can has Happy Wars? I have a Gold membership, so I know I'll be playing it, but I can't get it yet.

Oct 08, 12 at 12:34pm
LOD-squa

I was looking at it the other day and saw that it said pre-release. I simply assumed that it was the same, I will be going to download it. This will probably be the final version that will get pushed out soon.

Oct 07, 12 at 10:35am
sublimetool

sorry for the double post here but...

there's a pre-release for Happy Wars that is out right now!!! it's the same tab as the beta version was, but this time it's says "Pre-Release" instead of "Beta"

once you click on it, you'll have to download the game again, but when it's done and you load it up you'll be able to look at (and obtain) the achievements and avatar awards!

Oct 06, 12 at 10:33am
sublimetool

quote LOD-squa
Probably there will be, usually arcades like these come packed with them. There are a couple of ways of stocking up on 48 hour trials btw, but it involves downloading a Japanese game(Monster hunter) and a bunch of silver accounts. Look it up, sublimetool.
yeah that's the method i've been using... i had to make a japanese account (which was harder than i expected)... i've probably made about 20 hotmail accounts so far... was thinking about switching it up to gmail accounts, because now it says on hotmail that i can only make 5 accounts per day... this is pretty sweet for poor folk like me...

Oct 05, 12 at 7:47pm
LOD-squa

Probably there will be, usually arcades like these come packed with them. There are a couple of ways of stocking up on 48 hour trials btw, but it involves downloading a Japanese game(Monster hunter) and a bunch of silver accounts. Look it up, sublimetool.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:26pm
sublimetool

you bet... i can't wait to see the achievements... and i'm hoping there'll be some avatar awards as well... all i gotta do now is stock up on some 48 hour trials!

Oct 05, 12 at 7:10pm
LOD-squa

The Xbox 360 is getting its first free-to-play game very soon thanks to the release date announcement of Happy Wars on Thursday.

Happy Wars will hit Xbox LIVE Arcade on Friday, October 12 and brings large-scale multiplayer battles with castle sieges, swinging swords and deadly spells on fantasy style maps.

The game supports up to 30 players at once and will also allow players to customize their characters with different outfits and equipment. There are multiple game modes including multiplayer, co-op, private matches and even single-player to participate in.

Players will be able to purchase in-game items for their characters using "Happy Gold" earned through play or with real world money. Microsoft and developer Playlogic Inc. plan to continue to release additional items and character customization options regularly just like other free-to-play games.

Microsoft has dabbled with free-to-play ideas in the past starting with Crimson Alliance where you could download the game for free but had to purchase your character. Ascend: New Gods was also announced as a free-to-play title at E3 this past June but will not be released until early 2013.

Coming out on October 12th! I can't wait to have a non-buggy multiplayer, since then I will be able to get a team together and we can just go destroy everything. Anyone else excited?

Source