Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Qurupeco » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 6:01pmeagle2535

This guy is a pain. I don't know what weapons, armor or fighting style to use against him.
I mainly use SnS but might start using switch axe, tips/armor/weapon recommendations welcome,
i'm 3* offline and haven't started online.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 2:52pm
Phlogiston

quote RockofKuthian
Ps phlogiston, idk how you expect him to get qurupeco armor when he can barely beat it and how exactly he will heroics lance him when he can't survive it with a full health bar
That's what the smiley's for . I was just saying that once he gets good at Peco, the armor set would be a good idea. Besides, you don't really need evade with Peco. About heroics lancing - it's the ultimate lance fighting style; you can learn from it even without using heroics.

My advice on how to beat Peco, at least the first time, is to use a ludroth SnS. I think swording is fairly easy, with a high rate of survivability. Just keep hitting the chest and roll away when he goes into an attack. Yes, I think Peco's male, unlike most people...

Oct 06, 12 at 2:28pm
RockofKuthian

Bowguns are kinda complicated
Each gun has 3 components. Frame barrel and stock
The medium/heavy/light bowguns are sets of all 3 but you can customize them too.
I would go with the heavy bowgun because it has most attack and has a shield but it's ur choice.
Edit:
Ps phlogiston, idk how you expect him to get qurupeco armor when he can barely beat it and how exactly he will heroics lance him when he can't survive it with a full health bar
After you have a bowgun, you can press 2 (on a wiimote) and then go to equipment and check the blowgun to see what it shoots.

Oct 06, 12 at 11:27am
eagle2535

quote RockofKuthian
The best armor you can get in this situation i think is jaggi so go for that. Honestly I would just get a heavy bowgun and use that. Use 99normals lvl2 maybe poison him, sleep bomb him. Then he's easily dead
Yeah, at my level I don't think SnS would be terribly effective, mainly because the qurupeco bounces at yellow and the best SnS has a tiny green bit (so small that when you look at equipment detail you would swear that it starts yellow) maybe medium bowgun for me, just wondering, can different bowgun styles use different ammo? (like light can use normal3, med can use pellet2 or whatever)

Oct 06, 12 at 4:29am
RockofKuthian

The best armor you can get in this situation i think is jaggi so go for that. Honestly I would just get a heavy bowgun and use that. Use 99normals lvl2 maybe poison him, sleep bomb him. Then he's easily dead

Oct 05, 12 at 7:32pm
Phlogiston

Seriously though, good heroics lancing is cool.

That brings up another tip: get Evasion+1 or 2 and practice with it! (If you want it now, it comes naturally with a full set of Peco armor ) If you're good with evasion, you're literally untouchable.

Basically, if you didn't know already, Evasion gives you 8-10 frames of invincibility from the moment you press the evade button. I think MH3 runs at about 30 fps, so that's a good third of a second!

Oct 05, 12 at 7:18pm
Phlogiston

Tips on weapon use... hmm. I think all you need to know are all the moves of a certain weapon and their applications, and from there you can develop your own strategies. Though, if you want to, you can try watching some experts on utube.

Oct 05, 12 at 6:21pm
the_FAMAS_pro

quote eagle2535
This guy is a pain. I don't know what weapons, armor or fighting style to use against him.
I mainly use SnS but might start using switch axe, tips/armor/weapon recommendations welcome,
The switch axe is one the most powerful weapons early game in the *3 quests, and you can hit it while it flies. I used hunter's set the first time i beat it.

Oct 05, 12 at 6:01pm
eagle2535