Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » This game might end up pretty good (from more than just a casual aspect) » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 3:51pmstabbedbyahippie

Alright if you just play casually with friends, ignore this thread because smash is always a great party game, and that's not what I'm speculating about.

Now to all the homies out there who play competitively, lets be honest, it was bad for competitive play. It was slow, there wasn't a lot of depth in the gameplay and the mechanics of the game just really lent itself to stalling and keep-away.

I would say the majority of people I've seen talk about this game say it will only be worse than brawl. I used to think that too, but I've changed my opinion due to some key things that I believe will possibly make this a good game

1. Namco

Straight up, Namco KNOWS how to make fighting games. If they're the ones designing how the game plays, then I have faith. I'm definitely not gonna say they're the best at what they do, because they definitely are not, but they do release some really good games.

2. There is profit in competitive gaming

LoL/Dota 2/Starcraft 2/SF IV all get a lot of exposure and have big money being thrown around all the time due to how popular they are as competitive games. However, smash is unique in that it can be a popular competitive game AND STILL BE FUN FOR CASUALS. An obvious example would be that Melee was the Gamecube's best selling game but still managed to be very competitive.

3. They can't make the game engine any worse

100% opinion, but the game being any slower would make it unfun to even casuals, and who the *bleep* would like air-tripping

4. Nintendo said they're going in a more "hardcore" direction with the Wii U

I think i may have misquoted a little but you get the point. I don't know how much i believe them but it's enough to have some faith. Honestly, there'd be no reason to hire Namco if they planned on making the game even more wack

Those are all my reasons. If you have a problem with any of this.....well I don't really go on neo often enough to debate any of this LOL.

Do I think it will be better than melee? 95% sure that, no, it will not be. The way the gaming market is nowadays, everything is becoming a little bit dumbed down and slower paced. Competitive melee is an accident, and no company (other than aksys lol), would make a game that fast and that technical with competitive play in mind.

Do I think it'll be better than brawl? Uh yeah, that's why I made this thread haha. Sakurai very purposely shafted competitive play in brawl. Yet, people still play Brawl competitively in droves, so I'd guess that instead of going in an even MORE uncompetitive direction with the next release, he will just kind of accept it. If he tried to make it even more uncompetitive, he could very well hurt the gameplay for casuals as well, and that's what makes up the biggest proportion of sales, so I don't think he'll go for that.

tl;dr this game will be PROBABLY be better than brawl, but if it's not, then that's OKAY cuz i'll be playing Melee till I'm 92

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 24, 12 at 5:26pm
PwnageMaster67

Everyone will probably only get one costume each. :/

And yeah, I agree with Gotenks. I think someone should make a costume thread if there isn't one already.

Oct 24, 12 at 5:04pm
Gotenks

How about using the Costume thread to discuss Costume ideas and leave this thread for what it's meant for? That would be swell if we did that.

Oct 24, 12 at 4:10pm
AgatioGanon

Already, lets add the Garet and ivan costumes to Isaac, perfect, purquoi.

Do you have any cool costume ideas for any other characters?

Oct 24, 12 at 4:02pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
Isaac gets cool outfits to resemble some cool Golden Sun characters, right?

I have to know this and are these good character costume ideas for this character?

I'm just going to list characters I'd like to see resembled as his costumes

Felix ( definitely, probably guaranteed )

Jenna

Agatio

Saturos

Alex

Matthew

I also have a Peach costume set

Daisy

Rosalina

Ashley

Mona

Pauline
WONDERFUL IDEAS!!!
I would love a Rosalina costume. Put an Ivan and Garret costume in there and yours set.

Oct 24, 12 at 3:56pm
AgatioGanon

Isaac gets cool outfits to resemble some cool Golden Sun characters, right?

I have to know this and are these good character costume ideas for this character?

I'm just going to list characters I'd like to see resembled as his costumes

Felix ( definitely, probably guaranteed )

Jenna

Agatio

Saturos

Alex

Matthew

I also have a Peach costume set

Daisy

Rosalina

Ashley

Mona

Pauline

Hows the costume ideas?

Any thoughts?

Oct 24, 12 at 3:42pm
PwnageMaster67

Everyone likes Golden Sun here and they put ideas up when they think of one. You don't need to be the "voice" of Golden Sun and no one is shunning it.

Oct 24, 12 at 3:37pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
So what your saying is quit calling characters other people like but for what ever reason don't like stupid?

No problem I could try to do that.
Thanks. That's all we're asking.

quote GaTheZakk
Camelot are poopheads,

One step forward, two steps back....
Maybe we should just go and say that everyone should never insult anyone again. Okay?

quote GaTheZakk
This game would better if Larxene from Kingdom Hearts was in it.
She is my favorites Orginization XIII member, but if any KH character is going to be in, it would be Sora.

quote GaTheZakk
Or how about Viridi?

Viridi would be cool?

What do think?
Remind me who Virdi is. I recognize the name, I just can't put my finger on it.

quote GaTheZakk
Do you have some cool character ideas ideas, Swampasaur?
Several. But we should try to get the thread back on track. We can talk in the Character Discussion Thread.

Oct 24, 12 at 3:32pm
AgatioGanon

So what your saying is quit calling characters other people like but for what ever reason don't like stupid?

No problem I could try to do that.

I can't not metion Golden Sun however, someone has to stick up for that series and I feel that person has to be me and even though personally I am a Felix guy, I know for a fact Isaac is the guy to put in, it just feels like everyone is shunning such a good series, and I can't help it's made by Camelot and Camelot are poopheads, that's all and so I feel I need to make my self the voice of the voiceless when it comes to Golden Sun, I do ask that people please join in by supporting it ( as in putting Isaac in Super Smash Bros or Golden Sun 4 ) or if they haven't played it before, give it a chance before shunning it.

I can be less obsessive over Ganon however, he's my current favorite and I really like Zelda but it's time to hear other peoples thought on Zelda afterall, I can't come up with all the ideas for it.

Most of all I can wrap around and agree with alot of things even if I personally think they're bad ideas, in other words I no longer telling anybody if its a bad idea or not

I'll pitch you a idea that's very new

This game would better if Larxene from Kingdom Hearts was in it.

Or how about Viridi?

Viridi would be cool?

What do think?

Do you have some cool character ideas ideas, Swampasaur?

Oct 24, 12 at 3:24pm
PwnageMaster67

quote Swampasaur
While I agree that Tiers should not determine who you play with. They DO exist. Ganon has a lot of weaknesses. Slow. No projectiles. Large target. Does that mean he's terrible? No. Just not as objectively good as someone else. Tier lists take months and months of research before they are made and even then as new technology is made and discovered, tier lists are changing. THEY ARE NOT MADE TO PROMOTE A CHARACTER!!! You're insulting entire communities. Stop before it's to late. Skill trumps all. Tiers are just handicaps.

I know you may not have those intentions Gak, but that's how it's making everyone feel. And we don't like it. We want to respect your opinions, but we can't if you don't respect ours. And insulting characters we love, is just making us angry.
Thank you for proving my points.

Oct 24, 12 at 3:09pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
Like Regal Bryant said, Tiers are BS, and it doesn't matter what a bunch morons who ranked the characters in Brawl think, every character plays differently for each person meaning the abilties of each character depends on the player, not whoever made that stupid tier, it was obviously made by a Meta Knight user who sucks with Ganondorf and it all went to everyone's head.

There is no best or worst, it depends on the player's perference, that's the true tier of any Super Smash Bros game.
While I agree that Tiers should not determine who you play with. They DO exist. Ganon has a lot of weaknesses. Slow. No projectiles. Large target. Does that mean he's terrible? No. Just not as objectively good as someone else. Tier lists take months and months of research before they are made and even then as new technology is made and discovered, tier lists are changing. THEY ARE NOT MADE TO PROMOTE A CHARACTER!!! You're insulting entire communities. Stop before it's to late. Skill trumps all. Tiers are just handicaps.

quote GaTheZakk
She's like a cool version of Peach that doesn't get captured
Doesn't get captured. But she still can't do much without Mario.

quote GaTheZakk
At least I like some Mario characters, just not Mario and Luigi, they're too overused.
*puts on hipster glasses*

quote GaTheZakk
My favorite shipping for Bowser is Bowser and Rosalina.

My other favorite is Waluigi, just for being different and evil, reminds me of a Mario version of Ganondorf, evil, wants to conquer the Mario Bros if not even the whole Nintendo franchise himself, which is why he's always trying to beat Mario every chance he gets, maybe s he could try to overthrow him as the new face of Nintendo, nobody seems to relize how evil Waluigi really is.

My favorate shipping for Waluigi is Waluigi and Ashley because I think they look cool together because they each have their own unique evil qualities about them.

Other Mario characters I like

Rosalina: She's like a cool version of Peach that doesn't get captured, however secretly she likes Bowser.
What does shipping have to do with Smash bros?

quote GaTheZakk
Actually believe it or not I hate Isaac too
None of us hate Issac. We love him. We just hate how you OBSESS over GS and Zelda. IT"S IN EVERY THREAD FOR PETE'S SAKE.

quote GaTheZakk
Golden Sun and Zelda are two of my favorite elements in gaming and I'll discuss them if I want to discuss them, if you're asking why can't you discuss other stuff I may not like, well you can you have every right to, but Swampsaur, you can't tell me not to discuss Golden Sun and Zelda in this game because those are things I like personally, pipebomb.
Wow. I'm being attacked even though I haven't posted in this thread in ages lol!
Zelda's one of my fav series too. I just don't bring in into every conversation. Let me write a small play to show how we feel.

Here's a good conversation.

Someone: "Hey guys, what do you think of so-and-so getting into Smash Bros.
Someone Else: "Oh that sounds like a good idea."
Another Someone Else: Well, I don't think that'd be a good idea.
Someone: Oh why?
Anther Someone Else: *gives some explanation*
Someone: Oh. I still think so-and-so should get in, though you have some good points.
Another Someone Else: Thank you. Out of curiosity, why do you think he'll get in?
Someone: *explains*
Another Someone Else: I see.
Someone Else: I love how we respect each other's opinions!

Here's a problematic conversation.

Someone: I think so-and-so should be in Smash Bros.
Someone Else: THAT CHARACTER IS STUPID WE SHOULD HAVE THIS GUY!!!
Someone: But he's my favorite character and a lot of others like him too.
Someone Else: WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK! YOUR CHARACTER IS DOG DOO DOO! MY CHARACTER IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!!
Someone: Well yeah, I like your character too. I just like mine more.
Someone Else: STUPID!
Someone: T.T

I know you may not have those intentions Gak, but that's how it's making everyone feel. And we don't like it. We want to respect your opinions, but we can't if you don't respect ours. And insulting characters we love, is just making us angry.