Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] Always Display Page Number » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 3:37pm

Pretty simple suggestion. As of now, page numbers for threads displayed in myneoforum are displayed if you have viewed that thread. I'm suggesting to have it as a default regardless of your viewing that thread or not.

That's it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 18, 12 at 9:06pm
Lorx

I'd like to see this as well.

Thumbing through the Similar Threads looks like this has been a request dating all the way back to 2003, however I didn't see any official word either way in any of the threads I poked through.

Oct 09, 12 at 8:08am
Grimdark

quote Chaos Team
I think this is a good idea, actually. It annoys me a bit to not know how many pages a thread has just because I haven't clicked on it.
Yeah, and knowing whether a topic is a necro by a new user or a legitimately new topic would help too for some of the older forums.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:36pm
Chaos Team

I think this is a good idea, actually. It annoys me a bit to not know how many pages a thread has just because I haven't clicked on it.

Oct 06, 12 at 12:51pm
Grimdark

quote Dragoon
When I enter a new thread I like to read through it, so not having the page numbers or not will help me recognise whether I've visited the thread previously or not and if I have visited a thread before then the last page I viewed is indicated to with a highlighted background behind the page number. I think changing it up now would only confuse matters, personally.
That's why there's a highlighted number for the last page you clicked on.

Oct 06, 12 at 4:39am
hiigaran

ahh now i see. cheers for the clarification.

Dragoon, id have to disagree in that case, because its more of a consistency thing. maybe im just being OCD.

Oct 06, 12 at 1:43am
Dragoon

When I enter a new thread I like to read through it, so not having the page numbers or not will help me recognise whether I've visited the thread previously or not and if I have visited a thread before then the last page I viewed is indicated to with a highlighted background behind the page number. I think changing it up now would only confuse matters, personally.

Oct 05, 12 at 11:33pm
Grimdark

quote Kaiba

^ my.neoforum ^

^ inside the forum ^
Yeah, when you click on the thread, how many pages the thread has is displayed under it in the neoforum. Before entering the thread, the amount of pages is only displayed in the forum itself.

Oct 05, 12 at 9:46pm
Kaiba

^ my.neoforum ^

^ inside the forum ^

Oct 05, 12 at 6:42pm
Grimdark

quote intoxication
In your my.neoforum, from what I can see if there's a thread that you have not view in a favourited forum, doesn't show the page number if that thread has multiple pages. The page numbers on appear after you view that particular thread.
This.

Oct 05, 12 at 6:36pm
intoxication

In your my.neoforum, from what I can see if there's a thread that you have not view in a favourited forum, doesn't show the page number if that thread has multiple pages. The page numbers on appear after you view that particular thread.