Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Zombies equations - Zombies per round, times through a trap to end a round, and time it takes for a round. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 2:11pmnathankf17

Sup guys. I have been searching for a zombies equation for how many per round. It took me two hours. I would post this in Black Ops, but it no longer exists So I am going to give you guys my equation, which should not change in BO2. Here we go...
Before we even get started, I am going to give you my variables for these equations.

R=the round you are trying to calculate
Z=the number of zombies in the round
CP=Cap Limit (explained later)
P=people in the game

The first step to knowing how many zombies are in a round is knowing how many people are in your game. This will help us find the "Cap Limit". The CP (Cap Limit) determines how many zombies can be on the map at one time. 24 is the base, meaning that if you were playing solo, that's how many you could have. It adds 6 more to the Cap Limit for every extra person in the game. The equation for the CP of zombies is--
CP=24+6(P-1)

Simple, right? The next part is a little more complicated.

The number of zombies in a round is, obviously, determined by the round. 0.15 times the round number times the cap limit = the number of zombies in a round. Me, I like equations, so--

Z=0.15R x CP

I'm too lazy to find both the Cap Limit and the zombies, so I formulated a master equation.

Z=0.15R x (24+6[P-1]) (This equation only applies after round 10)

This way you can easily plop your variables in a calculator and find your zombies. Isn't being a math geek awesome? When you do your equation, make sure to follow the Order of Operations, but you should already know that.

Oh, but I've got more! What if you get to round 35 and say "Oh no, I can only play for 60 more minutes! Should I drop out so I don't get disappointed, or should I keep going to beat my record?" Well, as long as you are running trains into traps (Which you should be doing by this point) then there is a simple answer. First, you calculate how long it takes to do one run around the map. For an example, let's say I'm running around the whole map of "Verruckt" and it takes me anywhere from 1 minute to 90 seconds to run around the map and get back to your starting point. First, we take the average time it takes, lets say 75 seconds. Then you take the number of zombies in the round and divide it by the Cap Limit (optionally, you can take the zombie equation and chop off the cap limit part, which would just be 0.15R) to get how many times around the map you have to take to kill all the zombies. At round 36 with two people, doing the math, you end up with 162 zombies and 5.4 times around the map. Logically, you would round up to 6 traps activated, provided you get no nukes and such. If it takes you an average of 75 seconds to run around Verruckt, that means that you spend approximately 450 seconds, or about 7.5 minutes doing the round. (7.5 minutes and 75 seconds not intended, don't calculate by placing a decimal) Giving us 1 minute of error, 30 seconds each way, you should expect to spend a little under 8 minutes for that round. From here you can determine if you want to finish the round or not. Because it's me, and I always need an equation, here we are.

Time=0.15R x (Time it takes to do one trip around the trap)

With this knowledge, we know that the the time of each round goes up by an increment of 0.15 times the time it took last round. Now you can estimate the time it takes for each round.

I hope this guide has helped you with whatever you came here for. If I get enough requests, I will post charts on zombies per round and times around the map per round with 1-8 players (up to 8 players as of release of 8 player classic) and I will give a chart for how long it takes for each round (with average times for around the map, I will gather them from searching online and my own experience).

My first post, tell me how I did.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 03, 14 at 10:14am
Lankysmith

If any of you people bashing him had read the whole lot of what he said he goes on saying that it's a working equation for Black ops, not Black ops 2. As when they released zombies on Black ops 2 Treyarch said that the count of zombies per round and on map would be increased.
People who can't read a couple of lines before bashing need to GTFO.
Nice equations but useless to me as I wanted it for Origins.

Jan 28, 14 at 4:57am
Dakkal

Nice effort but far, from accurate,24 zombies in a, round for 1,2,3 or 4 players and that equation is way off your saying theres like 360 zomvies on round 100 when in reality its more like 3,000..

Nov 21, 13 at 6:36am
RobertF00

quote Keymoshy
quote Coltonats
quote Keymoshy
quote Coltonats
This would be much more useful if I was a better zombies player. I find myself too occupied with surviving in later rounds to count them.
Lol, you'll get used to it. When I first started playing, I only got to about round 10 the most. I kept playing and now I go to round 20.
My teammates are insanely good, we usually go about Round 35 before we lose.
One of my teammates (in zombies, the town) was really good, but he kept making me die, and he would revive me when there is like 50 zombies right next to me
damn that's good.. I can usually survive for a long time like round 40's

Nov 16, 13 at 1:35pm
Keymoshy

quote Coltonats
quote Keymoshy
quote Coltonats
This would be much more useful if I was a better zombies player. I find myself too occupied with surviving in later rounds to count them.
Lol, you'll get used to it. When I first started playing, I only got to about round 10 the most. I kept playing and now I go to round 20.
One of my teammates (in zombies, the town) was really good, but he kept making me die, and he would revive me when there is like 50 zombies right next to me

Nov 16, 13 at 1:31pm
Coltonats

quote Keymoshy
quote Coltonats

Nov 16, 13 at 12:57pm
Keymoshy

quote Coltonats

Nov 16, 13 at 7:46am
RobertF00

quote DarkBlade725
Now in the new current zombie map pack there is no end you just make a plane and it travels to the pack-a-punch so not yet sadly

Back in the old black ops in Ascension getting to round 25 took around an hour something
haha Alcatraz is so fun, but them you got origins it so fun

Nov 12, 13 at 11:55am
Coltonats

Nov 11, 13 at 5:08am
Keymoshy

This was very useful, but the math hurt my brain.

Oct 09, 13 at 6:28am
MrPancakeTurtle

This doesn't come into use on round 93 for an example, if i use your calculation i get 334,8~335 which is not true as i actually counted them all using thudergun to kill them and i got 802, try it out for yourself