Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » What Major Changes Would You Like to See? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 1:54pmGregm

I've read plenty of ideas talking about little things like new weapons and additions to car customization, but what about major topics? Things like entirely new game engine settings, control schemes, the ability or option to play the game in 100 percent first person mode.

I for one would love something like that. It would make use of every in game car mirror, add an all new sense to driving and peripheral vision.

Anyone else want to see some big changes?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 12 at 10:31pm
Master

Scenery destruction I'm sure they could come up with something simple and effective. I wanna be able to blow holes in the side of buildings and in the streets. I don't care if they disappear when I come back, it'd still be awesome watching cars get into massive wrecks from driving into the holes at 60mph.

Oct 14, 12 at 1:18pm
AvidGamer

I'd like to see a zombie mode added in, that would be so fun.

Oct 12, 12 at 2:22am
Kokoro

quote Master
I really really really want a working economy with business management and such. The whole 'buy business, collect money, repeat' doesn't work anymore. I wanna steal supplies from competitors, wreck their deliveries, buy out their employees.
That sounds like a good idea too and sounds like something I would enjoy doing. They really should have something like that in the game

Oct 12, 12 at 12:10am
KR_1250

quote Master
I really really really want a working economy with business management and such. The whole 'buy business, collect money, repeat' doesn't work anymore. I wanna steal supplies from competitors, wreck their deliveries, buy out their employees.
Yeah, like you i only want this done if it seems like a genuinly well planned and built game mechanic. I do not want to stand in a rotating neon circle, select a menu option then have the place generate money for me with no future interaction.

I probably wouldnt be very interested in that. They have to make it an in depth, variable and thought envoking system.

I'd love to own my own Garage in it like we did in GTA:SA. But this time i'd love to tune, design and sell cars to improve the business. I'd like to hire more mechanics and source parts distributors from the games internal internet and stuff. I'd like to have to steal rare cars for re-sale and things like that. And i'd like the business to feel real and alive, I'd like to converse with my mechanics and get discounts on my own cars and stuff. Maybe even have my own office with an armory and savehouse in the building. I seriously doubt that but its an idea of what im talking about.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:13am
Master

What would be really cool to have is an empty shop that you can buy and decide what is sold there - clothing, weapons, car mods, whatever... that way you can shape the city to your needs, but it would also deteriorate or enhance the neighborhood it's in. A gun store would promote more gang activity and more random shootouts between peds (this is GTA after all, that's pretty common)

Oct 09, 12 at 12:21am
KR_1250

quote Gregm
That would be awesome, Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA. The Hardcore mode, that is. To add on to that, how would you feel about very limited ammo capacity, and having to eat/drink occasionally in game, breaking limbs (a la Fallout), etc?

I would love a separate mode like that.
Great idea.

As long as the police suffered the same damage and injuries as the player that sounds like an awesome idea. I would also like missions to have designated checkpoints in that case. No way do i want to get 13 minutes in to a 15 minutes mission, died then have to taxi ride back to teh start again. I'd rather play Sonic The Hedgehog.

A nice bonus to that is that During police chases you could shoot out a tyre causing a terminal/fatal crash rather than having them unrealistically ram you for 20 mins.

Oct 08, 12 at 9:19pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

quote Gregm
That would be awesome, Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA. The Hardcore mode, that is. To add on to that, how would you feel about very limited ammo capacity, and having to eat/drink occasionally in game, breaking limbs (a la Fallout), etc?

Not so sure about eating and drinking, but yes. It would be awesome if you're in the middle of a police chase, cornered on a bridge and having to decide between fighting it out, or jumping, breaking a leg, and trying to limp away.

Oct 08, 12 at 8:29pm
The Slayer

Going to combine a few ideas here on what I'd like to see. I think it would be cool if you could buy a house(s) and actually had several to choose from in several areas instead of just one apartment. You could customize it to a certain extent, invite people over for parties maybe.

If you could buy cars (that you could not otherwise get), there needs to be a way to save them. If anyone is like me, I just steal a car, drive it around until its too wreaked to drive or just abandon it and run around for a bit. In the end I usually have a different car after 10 minutes. I'm not going to buy a car if I drove it out and decided I want to run around for a bit then lose it. I think that after you buy it, the car should always be in the garage at your house. That way you dont have to worry about bringing the car back to a save spot every time or being really careful while driving.

You could even have a 5 car garage or several parking spots around your house that you can set as spawn points for a certain car.

Oct 08, 12 at 7:39pm
Gregm

Oct 08, 12 at 7:22pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

What about difficulty modes?

I was thinking a "Classic" and "Hardcore" mode.
Classic being more along the lines of what we're used to, and "Hardcore" upping the realism, so you can only carry one large weapon along with a pistol, cars can be totaled after one good hit, and your health is affected more realistically.