Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Japan Launches Official Website! - Updated October 18th » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DJ KK Gracie Gracie Isabelle KK Slider Kicks Leif Redd Reese Timmy and Tommy Tom Nook Bluebear Cheri Pudge Stitches Rudy Kiki Tangy Tangy Beau Cherry Goldie Hamlet Julian Melba Tex Ruby Poppy Chief Lobo Skye Wolfgang Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Tulips White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Gold Roses Axe Rod Net Shovel Slingshot Watering Can Golden Axe Golden Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Apple Cherries Orange Peach Pear Bamboo Seed Coconut Durian Lemon Lychee Mango Persimmon Pond Smelt Red Snapper Agrius Butterfly Bell Bag Candy Fossil Gyroid Party Popper Pitfall Seed Present Shirt Umbrella Wallpaper Sweets House Pink Riboon Purple Ribbon Large Acorn Rotting Acorn Small Acorn Acorn New Leaf

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 12 at 9:52amFluidity

The main page features the Japanese box artwork and is filled with interesting little character popups and links. If you play the point-and-click guessing game like I did, you might stumble upon really nice HQ images/screens although I didn't hear any music or see an option to toggle it. Looks great so far, I just wish I knew more Japanese than I do. I'll explore a little more when I finish my classes. Any thoughts? :D

Edits:

Site Updated October 12th
New Screenshots October 18th

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 18, 12 at 2:33pm
Heibai

A list of new things I noticed:

(Screenshot 1) The girl's eyes in the first picture creeps me out. But anywho...
(Screenshot 2) Looks like a new kangaroo villager to me, or at least I've never seen him!
(Screenshot 3) The lighthouse obviously doesn't have to be near the ocean anymore. Theirs is right in front of the train tracks!
(Screenshot 4) OMGASDFGHJKLIWYBOCY PICTURE FRAMES ARE BACK! Look at the cute wittle deer's picture!
(Screenshot 5) Looks like Phineas is making a return, but what's with the getup? What's he up to?
(Screenshot 6) Looks like a new bear villager, and on a personal note; WALKER!!1!11!! <3
(Screenshot 10) From the 40-whatever minute video, we got that the picture you take will be used in a profile of sorts. StreetPass ID or something?
(Screenshot 12) As Fluidity pointed out that another website pointed out and now I will point out, the fruit looks like it might need time to ripen before it is possible to shake out of the tree. Or maybe the off colored ones are some sort of superfroot!

Oct 18, 12 at 7:22am
Fluidity

Update

The official site has been updated with some new screenshots.

---

(click for larger images)

---

Source Article

The first one has me really excited about the part time job at the cafe (look at the adorable uniform!), and the third to last one is really interesting (photo booth). I wonder if we can take pictures with friends. :3

The one comment on the source article mentions something about a difference between the fruit on different trees (example in the second to last screen) where the fruit looks smaller. He/she observed we may have to wait for fruit to ripen, but it may just be the angle from which the screencap was taken.

Oct 13, 12 at 6:59am
Aurigae

quote Midnight

I think Amsey and I appreciate the event dates. :D

We do indeed o;
Better get workin' on the NeoWiki me thinks XD

Oct 12, 12 at 9:46pm
Midnight

Ahh omg! I think the turtle family is cute. x3
I like the idea how you can contact villagers that are very far away from you. I hated running looking for a certain villager and the town in waay bigger in this game.
Eek! Love the idea how you can register someone as your best friend. I can't remember if I suggested that to be a good idea or I was just going to... Oh wells. Anyway, it's awesome how it tells you when they are online as well. x3

I think Amsey and I appreciate the event dates. :D

Oct 12, 12 at 9:23pm
Fluidity

NoJ was quick to update! Changes were made to two existing pages and two completely new ones were added. Here are the links for you to check it out:

Updated Pages:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/new/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/life/index.html

New Pages:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/year/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/communication/index.html

---

Also, two guys from TBT and GoNintendo took the liberty of translating the new info for us:

quote AC3DS Blog
Visit The Houses of People You Streetpassed:
At the Happy Home Exhibition Street in front of the shopping street, you can visit the model houses of people you street passed. Any piece of furniture you like you can also order through mail order sales!

Take a Relaxing Vacation on the Island of Endless Summer!
Former Mayor Tortimer, after retiring, is now living on this resort island of endless summer. You can take many kinds of tours and purchase gifts to bring home amongst other things. Enjoy a relaxing vacation either by yourself or with everyone you know!

Visit Lots of Towns in Your Dreams!
When you sleep in the Dream House, you visit an actual person’s real town. You can freely walk around their town and visit houses while dreaming!

Make a Best Friend!
Become best friends with your Nintendo 3DS friends! If both you and your friend save one another as best friends, you will be informed of when that person comes online and even if you aren’t currently visiting their town, you can still talk to them by sending messages!

KK’s Famous Tunes Are Now Club Music?!
Every Saturday night you can enjoy listening to KK Slider’s music at “Club 444.” (Note: Club 444 in Japanese is referred to as “Club Shi Shou” or “Club See Show” – it’s a cute pun.) From Sunday to Friday, during D.J. KK Time, you can enjoy KK’s normal sound with a club music twist!

Say Hi to Far Away Friends!
When using your megaphone, you can call one of your animal friends by saying their name inot the 3DS mic. Even if they are far away they can still hear you and respond!

Swim, Dive, and Fully Enjoy the Sea!
If you are wearing a Swim Suit (they called it a Marine Suit in Japanese), you can swim in the ocean and dive beneath the water. Pay close attention to the depths and you can collect items that you can’t via fishing like special shells, sea grapes, and others!

November 2012
17th: Fishing tournament
22nd: Harvest Festival

December 2012
8th: Fishing Tournament
21st: Winter Solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New Years Countdown

January 2013
1st: New Years
19th: Fishing Tournament

February 2013
3rd: Setsubun (its a Japanese holiday where someone dresses up as an “oni” (demon) and you throw beans at him. Most likely will be changed in localization.)
9th: Fishing Tournament
11th: Carnival

March 2013
3rd: Girl’s Festival/Doll Festival (another Japanese holiday where girls get very nice, expensive Japanese styled dolls, will also probably change in localization).
16th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Easter

April 2013
1st: April Fools Day
13th: Fishing Tournament

May 2013
5th: Children’s Fay (Another Japanese Holiday).
18th: Fishing Tournament

June 2013
15th: Bug Catching Tournament
21th: Summer Solstice

July 2013

7th: Tanabata (Star Festival, another Japanese holiday about star crossed lovers– look it up, it is a good story )
20th: Bug Catching Tournament

August 2013
4th, 11th, 18th, 25th: Fireworks Festival
15th: Obon (Japanese holiday, where they spend time with their families, visit graves of those deceased, etc).
17th: Bug Catching Tournament

September 2013
3rd: Grass Day *you need to have opened the “Gardening store” to have this take place
19th: Moon Viewing Day
21st: Bug Catching Tournament

October 2013
12th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Halloween

November 2013
16th: Fishing Tournament
28th: Harvest Festival

December 2013
14th: Fishing Tournament
22nd: Winter Solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New Years Countdown

Oct 10, 12 at 4:39pm
Mew

Neat, like Midnight I liked the girl planting the sapling :3

Oct 10, 12 at 6:41am
FoneBoneFan15

Can't wait!

Oct 10, 12 at 4:59am
Gotenks

I wouldn't mind a shade of purple for hair. It is my third favorite color after all. xD

Oct 10, 12 at 1:32am
Midnight

It would be nice if they had a light and dark shade of purple.

Oct 10, 12 at 1:22am
Squiggle

quote Midnight
quote squiggle bath
DAT PURPLE HAIR. ERIN APPROVES OF DAT PURPLE HAIR.
So glad the events will be returning too. <3
And Redd looks cute in his little outfit. :3

Tolds ya there's purple hair. 8DD Didn't know it was light purple though.
How depressing would it be if they removed heaps of events, omg. D;

I would like it better if it was a darker purple, but I still likes it. <3

I would cry, cause lack of events is what made WW a little boring. >: