Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Your gig history » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Oct 5, 12 at 8:34amBollo

Had all my old gig tickets out earlier, then started making a list of bands I'd seen live, wanted to do that for a while, then I just thought I might as well make a thread, I quite enjoy doing this type of thing, remembering and reminiscing about who I've seen, nice to look back on, see if anyone else does it. Obviously I've went for quite organised, don't necessarily expect anyone to be putting dates etc., no rules or anything.

Music taste developed a fair bit over the years haha

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 8, 13 at 10:43pm
Chaosfire

1. Florence and The Machine
  2. Reel Big Fish
  3. The Offspring
  4. Marlyn Manson
  5. Soundgarden
All in the last 2 years. All great.
I plan on expanding this list greatly.

Feb 8, 13 at 10:31pm
person_47

quote EvilTediz597
person_47

I saw Said the Whale last November. They were pretty good. The drummer especially. And he kinda looks like this guy.

Hahahaha he does too. I feel like its the universal hipster drummer look. When I saw them I was actually sitting drinking with this guy in a farmer hat waiting for them to go on (small local bar) and all of a sudden he goes "Ill talk at you later, time to make some money" and my gf and I are all "wtf?" Then bam farmer hat dude turns out to be Said the Whale's lead singer. Badass, such a cool guy. Just made me so much more into the band.

Feb 8, 13 at 9:03pm
EvilTediz597

person_47

I saw Said the Whale last November. They were pretty good. The drummer especially. And he kinda looks like this guy.

Feb 7, 13 at 11:13pm
person_47

EricF

You're list is all awesome bands. Good choices. I also don't know dates or venue names but I'll try and list what I remember. Lots of festivals so I'm definitely going to miss bands.

I think that's all the ones that mattered for the most part. Missed The Strokes by a day and RHCP and the damn Coachella festival sold out instantly so I won't see them this year now either.

Edit: just realized my list is huge. <3 Hawk Rocks the Park and Warped Tour.

Feb 7, 13 at 7:44pm
DaveyPoshboy

Jesus you guys' lists of bands are insane. I've only seen : -

Kings of Leon
The Gaslight Anthem
Bon Iver
Alexisonfire
Manchester Orchestra
Brand New
My Chemical Romance [x2]
MeatLoaf
--
MONA (support for Kings of Leon)
Zac Brown Band (support for Kings of Leon)
White Lies (support for Kings of Leon)
Paul Weller (support for Kings of Leon)
Blood Red Shoes (support for The Gaslight Anthem)
Dave Hause (support for The Gaslight Anthem)
The Staves (support for Bon Iver)
Thrice (support for Brand New)
Glassjaw (support for Brand New)
Mindless Self Indulgence (support for My Chemical Romance)

MONA and Dave Hause have probably been the best support acts I've seen, so much so that I could have happily put them in the top category. Notable mention has to go to Glassjaw for being the worst band I think I've ever bared witness to- the lead singer spat at the crowd ffs. White Lies are close though- boring as *bleep*.

Bon Iver is easily the best concert I've been to, albeit not many. They're the one band I HAVE to see again. Amazing light show/sound etc.

This year I've got tickets for Kings of Leon, Biffy Clyro, City & Colour (with Biffy) and hopefully if I can actually get off work The Gaslight Anthem either twice (both in London) or three times (with one in Bristol). Only really making the effort for Gaslight because it could be my last time seeing them if it's true they're going on a couple year break etc.

Still need to see Bruce Springsteen.

Feb 7, 13 at 6:39pm
Bollo

Little update for this. 3 gigs in a week has put me in a really good mood.

Oct 8, 12 at 9:11am
thewatermeloncult

April Wine

Streetheart

Bob Dylan

Pretty lame compared to everyone else. I could have gone to see Sam Roberts last year but my parents wouldn't let me go

Oct 7, 12 at 6:10am
Icedevil

quote D I O S
^Am thinking about Swans now, stupidly didn't realise they were touring, not sure if I can afford another gig in November though.
Still not sure about that gig either, I heard it is like 3 hour long set. Looking at the length of the Seer I'm not even surprised at all.

Oct 7, 12 at 5:18am
D I O S

^Am thinking about Swans now, stupidly didn't realise they were touring, not sure if I can afford another gig in November though.

Alright, I've no idea on the years for most of these so I'll just order them.

Paul McCartney
Editors+Franz Ferdinand
Kaiser Chiefs
Editors
Bullet For My Valentine
Enter Shikari

The Bookclub

Rise Against
Scroobius Pip

Upcoming
Death Grips
Animal Collective
Holograms
Kidnap Kid
iceage

Oct 7, 12 at 4:54am
Icedevil

I was going to try and remember this stufff, then I realised that I had pretty much noted down 95% of all the events on last.fm, so I might as well just leave this here. I think the only big gig missing from there is the SOAD at the Manchester MEN Arena in 2005.