Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Quick question on rating :) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 04, 12 at 2:49pmEvolved159

Hey everyone, new to the forum

I was wondering if the rating is completely accurate. It says intense violence and swearing, and I'm wondering how bad it is. I know the game is supposed to have a violence switch, to turn off all violence. I'm not a wimp or anything, but I don't like body parts flying everywhere. I also want to know how much swearing is really in the game.

So my real questions is how little violence is there with the violence switch turned so there is no violence, and how much swearing is there (little to every line has a swear in it etc.) Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Evolved159

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 12:04pm
Wariyaka

You can turn "gore" off and the game is cartoonish but it is violence, torture and cruelty galore in almost every aspect. The "worst" is not really what you see but what people talk about so if you have any kind of imagination and is sensitive to such stuff it might be best to stay away from this.

As for bad language... well a robot have his f-words beept and one char tries actively to avoid swearing and they become comical due to the absurdity of it
Language is bad, raw and sometimes sexual and there is also lots of sexual oriented jokes on names and other things.

I know the issue of "bad" language, nudity and sexual talk is more sensitive in some parts of the world but for many of us (non Americans) those issues are kind of ludicrous compared to the violence and cruelty on display.

Oct 05, 12 at 4:56am
Airwalked

Who buys an 18 rated game to turn the gore off

Oct 05, 12 at 1:41am
Paper Fox

The names of the guns can be quite...sexual. And theres Fleshstick and whatever Tiny Tina says. Tbh I never noticed the gore.

Oct 05, 12 at 1:24am
KR_1250

You know this is a hyper violent first person shooter yes?

Are you maybe meaning gore because talking about just plain old violence:

1.Behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
The game is basically one giant incredibly violent drawn out gunfight involving the deaths of thousands of people and creatures. Every single bit is violent.

Its not very gory though. Which is kinda dissapointing actually. Whatever happened to really gory FPS games? Its about time we had more.

Oct 04, 12 at 3:50pm
Ditnopota

Tons of swearing, tons of blood, tons of violence. Absolutely no nudity, though, but there is sexual talk.

Wouldn't have it any other way tbfh

Oct 04, 12 at 3:18pm
Nagare

Oh, I guess there is Dr. Zed's place too:

And Tiny Tina:

She actually does worse stuff to Fleshbait or whatever his name is though.

Oct 04, 12 at 3:10pm
Rayxanber

quote Nagare
I mean, you see blood spurts, but you don't really see individual limbs falling apart or anything.
Actually, with Explosive weapons or grenades, you will see a few people (or critters) blow apart into meaty chunks... Also some of the story-related scenes can get pretty bloody, and I don't believe that the menu option switches those off. But the whole game is a little cartoon-y so yeah, it's not that bad.

And to be honest, if you're worried about a little gore, suggestive themes and swearing, you're kinda missing out on the bottom line of Borderlands xD

Oct 04, 12 at 2:57pm
Nagare

Um...it isn't overly violent in my opinion just some blood splattering and the rag doll physics. The art style isn't overly realistic either if you ask me, so what violence there is is something that is more cartoony than anything else. I mean, you see blood spurts, but you don't really see individual limbs falling apart or anything.

As for swearing, I feel that is happens occassionally and at some points they go over the top, but I didn't really find it to be something that is constantly there and always in your face. I'd suggest finding a few walkthrough videos and making your own decision though

Oct 04, 12 at 2:49pm
Evolved159

Hey everyone, new to the forum

I was wondering if the rating is completely accurate. It says intense violence and swearing, and I'm wondering how bad it is. I know the game is supposed to have a violence switch, to turn off all violence. I'm not a wimp or anything, but I don't like body parts flying everywhere. I also want to know how much swearing is really in the game.

So my real questions is how little violence is there with the violence switch turned so there is no violence, and how much swearing is there (little to every line has a swear in it etc.) Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Evolved159