Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » It will be my first time playing in-depth a call of duty game... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Oct 03, 12 at 5:27pmJacob46719{LC}{MSTR}

I will be getting this game for the Wii U and I just want some basic tips on how to play well (based on the other games, as in whats it like). (I've played Goldeneye Wii a lot but this is new.)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 15, 12 at 8:26am
NoBL3Zz

quote HU1CH13
quote NoBL3Zz
They do? I don't pay attention to those 1337 kids. And how is the transition from console controller to keyboard mouse? =)
I've never made it. I suck with a keyboard and mouse for aiming and I'm not a hardcore gamer so I haven't even got a decent PC that could run any decent games, all me mates are on PS3 and there are a bunch of PS exclusive games I like. So there's no real reason for me to switch.
I see. That sucks you're on PS3. I was going to add you on my XBL friend list. =(

Oct 13, 12 at 9:18am
HU1CH13

quote NoBL3Zz
They do? I don't pay attention to those 1337 kids. And how is the transition from console controller to keyboard mouse? =)
I've never made it. I suck with a keyboard and mouse for aiming and I'm not a hardcore gamer so I haven't even got a decent PC that could run any decent games, all me mates are on PS3 and there are a bunch of PS exclusive games I like. So there's no real reason for me to switch.

Oct 13, 12 at 8:58am
NoBL3Zz

quote HU1CH13
quote NoBL3Zz
Not a fact, only an opinion. I tried PS3 while playing Black Ops 1 online, and they felt terrible! I couldn't sprint for days and it was weird. I'm used to Xbox controllers, although I play alot on the PS2. I just don't like PS3 controllers after a bad experience. I still think the Wii U will be the system to play on when playing FPS games. 1080p native display!!WOOO!!
So why are all these 1337 wanna-be players are buying custom 360 controllers with the right stick replaced from the one off a PS3 controller?

Right now, keyboard and mouse is still the most accurate way of aiming in a FPS game until motion sensor control technology for gaming improves, for now it's just a gimmick.

Oct 13, 12 at 8:55am
HU1CH13

quote NoBL3Zz
Not a fact, only an opinion. I tried PS3 while playing Black Ops 1 online, and they felt terrible! I couldn't sprint for days and it was weird. I'm used to Xbox controllers, although I play alot on the PS2. I just don't like PS3 controllers after a bad experience. I still think the Wii U will be the system to play on when playing FPS games. 1080p native display!!WOOO!!
So why are all these 1337 wanna-be players are buying custom 360 controllers with the right stick replaced from the one off a PS3 controller?

Right now, keyboard and mouse is still the most accurate way of aiming in a FPS game until motion sensor control technology for gaming improves, for now it's just a gimmick.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:27am
NoBL3Zz

[/quote]
I only feel comfortable with a PS3 controller, in fact out of 360 and PS3, the PS3 has the better analog sticks for FPS.
[/quote]

Oct 07, 12 at 1:52pm
q234323242314

I disagree. my gameplay experience with wii shooters suggest that the wiimote is pinpoint accurate, but the player just isn't.

Oct 07, 12 at 8:28am
BlackLabel

quote Jacob46719{LC
{MSTR}|message:33646335}
Thank you KR_1250. You just saved my life.

Arse: As for shooters, I think the Wii and the Wii U are the perfect consoles for shooters because they support the wiimote and nunchuck(which in turn support motion control for very accurate aiming), and I'm just better with it.
Wiimote and Nunchuck is only viable because it's the primary control scheme on Wii.. It's only as accurate as other players allow it to be, if everyone is struggling to shoot everyone else then everyone has a chance.. I don't think the same will happen on Wii U given the Wii U Controller is the primary input method meaning anyone that opts for Wiimote and Nunchuck will be at a disadvantage.

The order of play for accuracy has always been..

1st. Keyboard & Mouse
2nd. Analog Sticks
3rd. Motion Control

Though even then 3rd place is split based on platform..

I mean Playstation Move is more accurate than the Wiimote even with Motion Plus, the Razer Hydra for PC is more accurate than Playstation Move. Yet for the most part players on Playstation 3 are not competitive with Playstation Move as they get stomped on by traditional controller users.

So yes Wiimote and Nunchuck is a very fun way to play a game, yet accurate it is not. I mean the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of Call of Duty have rather intense aim assist at the best of times, but nothing in comparison to the assist the Wii version gets. I don't think you will have all that much fun in Black Ops 2 if you are planning to use the Wiimote, given most players of that game on that system will use the controller packaged in box with Analog Sticks.

Oct 06, 12 at 8:41am
HU1CH13

quote Jacob46719{LC

Arse: As for shooters, I think the Wii and the Wii U are the perfect consoles for shooters because they support the wiimote and nunchuck(which in turn support motion control for very accurate aiming), and I'm just better with it.
Although you might prefer it personally, as a whole, that's not true, not with current technology for that sort of thing.

So far, the mouse and keyboard combo is still king for FPS games although me personally, I can't aim for shit with them. I only feel comfortable with a PS3 controller, in fact out of 360 and PS3, the PS3 has the better analog sticks for FPS.

Oct 06, 12 at 6:37am
blackomega34

quote Jacob46719{LC
I understand why you would prefer it, but many of us have hands that are too shaky to aim well, at least in my case. Now...

-Know your map, this is critical!
-Use the proper weapons for said map (no use in using a sniper if you can't get farther than 25 meters away from your enemies.)
-Use weapons that you are comfortable with
-Try playing a little more calmly, do not be too aggressive! (The BO2 aiming laser will make you feel unstoppable at close range but it will give you a false sense of security)
-Try sticking to people who you think are good.
-as KR_1250 said, look at your minimap whenever you know there is no enemy nearby.

Oct 05, 12 at 3:26am
KR_1250

quote Jacob46719{LC
No problemo. We were all noobs once before. Too many people on these forums tend to forget that.

I remember playing COD4 for the first time and being completely overwhlemed. But if you play smart, learn from more experienced guys and dont follow all the fads you'll do fine.