Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FM2012 Player Forum » Last Arsenal Save » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 12 at 3:49pm
Phelix

I started a game as Arsenal a little while ago, currently in February, I will post some screenshots of my transfers and the league table.

In terms of advice for more signings I play Fabianski from time to time and he does well and this keeps him from getting upset about not playing, there will be a few keepers on free at the end of the season, I would suggest waiting and seeing who you can pick up.

Koscielny has been great for me, so Mertesacker and Djourou have been my backups. If you want a new starter though I would suggest Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, a great young French centerback, very physical, will partner Vermaelen very well.

I am also on the lookout for a new left back as both Gibbs and Santos don't really cut it as a starter. I have my eye on Alex Sandro from Porto, but he has a 5 year contract and Porto want 40million for him. I will try and unsettle him in the summer though. Otherwise I will go for Dodo or Jose Angel when he finishes on loan at Real Sociedad.

For AMR, you have a ready made starter and a ready made backup in Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Ryo Miyaichi. "The Ox" has been great for me this season, but to be honest I play Cazorla in the AMR position mostly, he may not be a quick wide player but he has the technical ability to open the game up, particularly when full backs traditionally aren't as good at closing down play as centerbacks.

Oct 03, 12 at 10:14am
theoriginalgooner

With FM13 a few weeks from release I thought Id start a new save with Arsenal to tide me over.
Don't normally ask for advice on signings as I like to scout my own players & such but with it been the last game I thought what the heck.
Im playing on the LFC 12/13 update and have already completed my summer signings so looking for Jan/next summer potential deals. I like to try stay away from the obvious "big players", instead buying "lesser known" players, and developing them then selling them on a season or 2 later for profit so please keep this in mind

Transfers In:
- Tom Ince £5m (back-up option to Walcott & Chamberlain)
- Jamaal Lascelles £1.4m (plan on keeping him around the 1st team & see how he develops)
- Max Clayton £1.1m (one for the future)
- Dries Mertens £8m (only major signing, can cover both amc/st, will hopefully bang a few goals in)

Total Spend: £15.5m

Transfers Out:
- Marouane Chamakh £10m Udinese
- Sebastien Squillaci £1m Loan Fee Cagliari
- Johan Djourou £7.5m Bordeaux
- Andrey Arshavin £8m Inter

Total Income: £26.5m

1st Team Squad:

GK: Szczesny / Fabianski
DL: Gibbs / Santos
DC: Vermaelen / Mertesacker
DC: Koscielny / Lascelles
DR: Sagna / Jenkinson
DM: Arteta / Frimpong / Coquelin
CM: Ramsey / Diaby / Rosicky
AM: Cazorla / Wilshere / Mertens
AML: Chamberlain / Ince
AMR: Walcott / Gervinho
ST: Podolski / Giroud / Mertens

This squads more then capable of seeing me through till Jan but theres a couple of players Im not really impressed with that I could sell and replace with better quality at a cheaper price. So really Im looking for suggestions for GK (backup) DC (starter) DL (backup/starter) AMR (backup/starter) but feel free to suggest other positions you think I could improve.