Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Mods? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 03, 12 at 9:55amMouthy_kent

Hi, I'm fairly new to borderlands and have been hearing a lot about mods?

Do you discover these in game or do you have to earn them?

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 7:46pm
Shinobi_razor

quote VerticalHorizon
quote Shinobi_razor
the game doesnt like to give you mods for whatever class youre playing as.
No.

It's all luck. 70% of the class mods I find are Commando mods while I play as one.

Now finding the perfect one for your playstyle....that's the real challenge.
i am starting to find more now as Commando, just before i wasnt. ive got health + regen right now and ive been going with that for quite a while now.

Oct 06, 12 at 7:23pm
Eiche

I also used a mod that I got around level 11 until much later in my first playthrough. The one I use now for my Zer0 is a "The Killer" class mod, which raises Critical Hit damage (I think) and raises the kill skill in the Sniping tree by 4 points and an early skill in the Cunning tree by 3 points. Pretty sure I grabbed it around level 28, and I'm still using it.

Oct 06, 12 at 5:31pm
VerticalHorizon

quote Shinobi_razor
the game doesnt like to give you mods for whatever class youre playing as.
No.

It's all luck. 70% of the class mods I find are Commando mods while I play as one.

Now finding the perfect one for your playstyle....that's the real challenge.

Oct 06, 12 at 1:42am
Avalith

No. You can share loot between characters with Claptrap's stash, but each character is a different save file with their own storyline progression etc.

Oct 04, 12 at 9:42am
Mouthy_kent

Thanks,

Yes i have recently acquired mods for others classes than the one i'm playing as.

Can i start a new character class and have all the same loot and weapons and continue the same story?

Oct 03, 12 at 10:29pm
Shinobi_razor

the game doesnt like to give you mods for whatever class youre playing as. as Commando, i frequently see mods for the other 3 classes in vending machines, but only rarely see Commandos. when i was a Zerker it seems like i saw a fair few more Commando mods. so once you get to Sanctuary you can always put good looking mods in your vault to retrieve with an alternate character.

Oct 03, 12 at 8:37pm
Avalith

About the only thing useful from vendors is ammo and the occasional deal of the day. Everything else (except the instant health early on where vendors are more frequent) is generally rubbish and only useful for challenges.

Oct 03, 12 at 7:41pm
RatedRViper

You can also buy them from vendors (health venders i believe)

Oct 03, 12 at 6:37pm
Shadow of Death

It can be pretty random. Unlike other items in game (with the exception of relics), a mod you found early on in the game can still be useful even to playthrough 2. It's largely luck, and down to your playstyle. I used a SMG damage boost mod for about half the first playthrough before replacing it. I STILL haven't found one of the same type that's better (the one I found around level 8 did ~+70% SMG damage and ~-7% accuracy or something like that).

This was true in Borderlands 1 too.

Oct 03, 12 at 10:49am
Mouthy_kent

Yeh class mods? Ok thanks il look out for them!