Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Im wondering if these parts are compatible or not » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 03, 12 at 8:42amCorey666

Any help would be appreciated

Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 AMD 970/SB950 AM3+ ($65)

CPU

AMD FX-6100 ($120)

RAM

Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz) ($20)

Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1GB) ($110)

Hard Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB ($55)

Optical Drive

Lite-On Internal DVD Writer ($18)

Case

Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ($40)

Power Supply

Cooler Master Elite Series 460 Watts ($25)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 2:20pm
hiigaran

well if you already have a copy of windows, you can install it on the new computer, then when you need to activate it, call up microsoft and give them some bull about having to reinstall the computer after a motherboard failure and replacement.

Oct 05, 12 at 2:09pm
tricolor

The way Windows licensing works you will have to purchase another copy of Windows 7 if you want to install it on your new build from scratch, or do what hiigaran says and physically transfer the hard drive out of your laptop.

Or, if the games you want to play are available on Steam, Valve has been working on porting games to Linux. While it will take some time, Valve have stated that they want their entire catalog to be playable on Linux, and I'd imagine the rest of games available on Steam would follow eventually.

Oct 05, 12 at 8:31am
hiigaran

the only thing you can do is to transfer the actual hard drive in. you will need an adapter so that it can be secured inside the case.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:38am
Corey666

Okay thanks. My only other question is about the operating system. I have a 64 bit version of windows 7 on my laptop is there a way to it to a disk then upload to the new computer once it gets built?

Oct 04, 12 at 6:34pm
tricolor

They are all compatible with one another. It is a solid rig, you should be able to max out newer games on smaller resolutions like 1280x1024, but if you kick things up to like 1920x1080 you might have to settle for mid-range settings.

Oct 04, 12 at 9:18am
Corey666

Yep will that be a pretty decent gaming computer I know you can get more expensive parts but I want to be able to play newer games on my computer.

Oct 03, 12 at 9:28am
hiigaran

yeah, all your parts will work with eachother just fine.

...this is meant to be a gaming rig, right?

Oct 03, 12 at 8:42am
Corey666

Any help would be appreciated

Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 AMD 970/SB950 AM3+ ($65)

CPU

AMD FX-6100 ($120)

RAM

Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz) ($20)

Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1GB) ($110)

Hard Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB ($55)

Optical Drive

Lite-On Internal DVD Writer ($18)

Case

Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ($40)

Power Supply

Cooler Master Elite Series 460 Watts ($25)