Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » High grade platinum horn (white monoblos) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 03, 12 at 12:01ameagle2535

Alright, I know how to get the item but I'm having the worst time ever killing the damn underground camper. I'm doing the epic hunt operation desert winds (plesioth and white monoblos) but i fail most of the time. PLS HELP!!!

P.S. i use SnS or hammer, nothing else so don't spam me with 'HBG, HBG, HBG'

P.P.S. i'm HR5 and 9* Nekoht, trying to get monodevil U so if you have better armor recommendations (preferably good armor for rajang, i hate the bastard), those are welcome too.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 1:54pm
Hanners

Yeah I forgot about crimson, that would work fine too, really all you want is more raw and pellet shots... You don't even need any other ammo for it.

Oct 05, 12 at 12:55pm
eagle2535

quote Hanners
Hmm, that one isn't bad. But it can't fire any Pellet S3's.

My favorite for farming the monoblos back in high rank was the Maelstrom+, but looking back now... The Green Blade Shower was the best one to use for Pellet, so I would recommend that one. Pellet S3 is the only pellet shot you'll ever need. Just bring the crafting mats for it too.
um... just saying, crimson blade shower can have more non pellet ammo, the same pellet ammo and more raw so wouldn't it be better?

Oct 04, 12 at 3:38pm
Hanners

Hmm, that one isn't bad. But it can't fire any Pellet S3's.

My favorite for farming the monoblos back in high rank was the Maelstrom+, but looking back now... The Green Blade Shower was the best one to use for Pellet, so I would recommend that one. Pellet S3 is the only pellet shot you'll ever need. Just bring the crafting mats for it too.

Oct 04, 12 at 11:41am
eagle2535

quote gn_x00
Evading Plesioth's attack is a bit tricky because of the broken hitbox. that's why melee, especially with no guard like Hammer or weak block ability like SnS is not really good for Plesioth (Except if you can evade his attack with Roll, which, you shouldn't be dying if that's the case)
I'm not dying at the Plesioth, I pwn him but then the white monoblos frigging CAMPS UNDERGROUND ALL THE TIME!!!
*smashes something*

Oct 04, 12 at 11:33am
eagle2535

The bowgun that i'm happiest with is aqua blade shower, if its good pls tell me and if not then pls recommend a different bowgun

Oct 04, 12 at 2:59am
Hanners

That's almost exactly the same as what mine was. Sans the blue mushrooms and herbs. I didn't bring them just so I'd have enough space to packrat more stuff. :l
Did I mention I only have 10 spaces left in my entire stash before it's full??

Oct 04, 12 at 2:48am
gn_x00

Combo Book 1
Combo Book 2
Combo Book 3
Combo Book 4
Potion
Mega Potion
Honey
Herb
Blue Mushroom
Hot/Cool Drink
^
^
^
my default inventory when I start playing Monster Hunter for the first time...
I thought that much healing items already a lot and I guess I still have a lot of space to bring Ammo
Just need
Small Bone Husk
Wyvern (Fang/Claw... forgot which one for pellet s)
Pellet S lv 3

quote navv
u have to be a pro if u want to use hbg or bow and only high rank armors work with monoblos and its easier to do this with gs and ls so dont make others reply's wrong first look at yourself
Lol. every newbie who try bowgun for monoblos is expert then.
even though it is easy enough to just shot the tail and let it die in a very short time

Oct 04, 12 at 2:39am
Hanners

Narga armor would be perfect. The Evade Dist Inc skill makes it much easier to HBG or just LBG the monoblos. I find it a little difficult to fathom that you don't have 4 inventory spaces left over for pellet shot / materials.

quote navv
u have to be a pro if u want to use hbg or bow and only high rank armors work with monoblos and its easier to do this with gs and ls so dont make others reply's wrong first look at yourself
... what?

Oct 03, 12 at 7:06pm
eagle2535

quote Hanners
Frankly, look for a bowgun that fires Pellet S level 3. If you can't find that go for level 2. Then, bring enough crafting materials to craft more of the ammo. Try getting some armor that gives you Evade +2 and/or Constitution +1.

If you really want to use SnS... Just keep wailing on its legs, use traps (shocks, not pitfalls.) and bombs to break the horn. (Since the SnS will barely ever reach the horn, and it's kinda dumb attacking from the most dangerous spot.
Yeah... the only thing is that my healing items take up most of my inventory and in the quest, I always use all of them Anyway, would gemmed Narga armor be good? (to get high grade plat horn OR just as a normal armor set)

Oct 03, 12 at 3:38pm
navv