Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » AOC releases borderless 27" IPS panel (of course after I upgraded) » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 02, 12 at 10:13pmVeGiTAX2

CURSES! Oh well, just something to think about for future upgrades. Although with 4K coming soon enough it might have to go on the backburner so I can figure out how eyefinity 3 with 4k panels would be (it would be insane and really really slow moving). It's not 2560x1440 Sonic Flash but it's still mighty sexy.

Fremont, Calif. – October 2, 2012 – AOC, the leader in monitor display technology, announces the retail availability of the i2757fh, a 27-inch IPS display with a 2 mm bezel that gives the monitor a sleek, borderless appearance. The monitor’s widescreen IPS (in plane switching) panel also allows for more consistent, uniform color from all viewing angles, delivering amazingly sharp image quality. An iF Product Design Award winner, the monitor delivers uncompromising display technology coupled with an artistic design that features a metallic hook-shaped stand that allows for three different modes of viewing – as a photo frame without a base, as a standard function stand, and as a height-adjustable stand that detaches with the push of a button. The AOC 27-inch IPS Monitor is now available for $349 MSRP. AOC also offers the i2757fh at Bestbuy.com and the retailer’s top 250 stores for a special price of $299.99.

“The i2757fh model, part of AOC’s 57 Series, combines an anti-glare IPS screen with a narrow bezel so that images seem to float without a distracting frame,” said Chris Brown, AOC Marketing Manager. “The monitor’s IPS technology and award-winning design deliver an unparalleled display experience to consumers."

Designed to meet high environmental and technical standards, the i2757fh is made of eco-friendly materials such as arsenic-free glass and mercury-free panels. Also, the LED backlight panel requires 50 percent less energy than typical CCFL monitors. The i2757fh can display 16.7 million colors, while its 50,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio provides accurate color reproduction when displaying images with extreme differences between light and dark. The monitor also features ultrafast performance with a 5 ms response time, which allows pixels to change colors quickly to avoid streaking, blurring and ghosting in fast-moving scenes and video games. The monitor’s dual HDMI ports support the latest DVD and Blu-ray players or gaming consoles, and it can also be connected to desktops or notebooks via VGA cable. Direct insert connectors face the rear, making it easier to connect the monitor to power and input sources.
The monitor also includes built-in speakers for optimal desktop sound, and the multifunctional, detachable stand allowing for standard monitor or “photo frame” placement. Other bonus features include an Off Timer that shuts down the monitor automatically if desired, Screen+ software that divides the screen into four self-contained work areas for improved productivity, and Eco Mode, which enables the user to select five different optimized display settings (Text, Internet, Game, Movie and Sport).

Specifications
• Borderless design
• Anti-glare IPS Panel for wide viewing angle
• Narrow bezel: 2mm
• Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
• Ultra low power consumption
• 5ms response time
• 50,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
• Rear-facing ports
• Detachable stand
• 16.7 million colors supported
• Built-in speakers
• Eco Mode
• Compatible with Windows and Mac

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 12 at 1:25pm
VeGiTAX2

Come on hiigaran how about they throw in 19 months instead of just 18 months

Yeah, asian regions are pretty much spanking the rest of the world, if I recall correctly they said Korea is already testing 4K broadcast. Regionally it's going to differ a lot as I get about 40 local stations / regional stations in HD actually off OTA signals but I know adoption as a whole across the world has been... unique? Had to pick a kinder word than how it really has been.

Top that off with nothing currently being able to steadily deliver 1080 in console gaming and movies will need another large revision to handle 4K output. Eventually we'll catch up with movie sources at this rate. I believe most film is shot around 6k

Oct 03, 12 at 12:09pm
hiigaran

i wont deny that gaming benefits the most from it. im talking about TV though. harb did just mention the transition for broadcasting stations.

spewaking of...wtf is up with the refresh rates? who the hell notices the difference between 400 and 800 hz, let alone from 120 to 400, or 75 to 120?

and i make it a point to never buy plasma. from what ive heard about their lifespans, i dont think id want to dish out that much money on them, regardless of how cheap they are compared to LCD.

Oct 03, 12 at 11:35am
VeGiTAX2

It's a lot of things but in base form it is as Chekkaa said it's still progress. For tv anchors and personalities it's a nightmare telling the signs of age, for movie's it allows for a cleaner transition and less concern about FS vs WS in shooting and for gaming, well that's quite an improvement for console gamers to break past 480i

Honestly, if HD came out and it was just HD it would have been fine, but as I noted, everyone and their mother wanted a spin on how to sell the format.

HD Ready, HD 720p, Full HD, 120Hz, 240Hz, 3D, LED, LCD, DLP, Plasma, 400Hz, 800Hz, DNLA, Wifi, App stores

Now you have people fighting in the latest war about "dumbscreens" vs "smartscreens" the battle itself being stupid because most devices plugged in feature the same services or more which only means you have 2-3 devices that all serve the same purposes.

Oct 03, 12 at 10:01am
hiigaran

oh dont get me wrong, im not saying to hell with them completely, but they were just overhyped. big time.

Oct 03, 12 at 9:34am
Chekkaa

quote hiigaran
HD is a bloody gimmick. nowhere near as bad as 3d though, but honestly, my ten year old 32 inch CRT displays cleaner looking images, compared to my 52 inch full HD LCD. im not impressed.
HD TV is slightly gimmicky, yes, but it's also progress. HD computer monitors on the other hand, I couldn't do without.

Oct 03, 12 at 9:22am
hiigaran

HD is a bloody gimmick. nowhere near as bad as 3d though, but honestly, my ten year old 32 inch CRT displays cleaner looking images, compared to my 52 inch full HD LCD. im not impressed.

Oct 03, 12 at 9:10am
harbin

In the UK, we have yet to fully embrace HD. The BBC is the only terrestrial broadcaster to broadcast in HD, even then only on two channels.

Wonders where it will end though, eventually it will get to the point where our eyes will not be able to distinguish between any higher resolutions as much as we won't be able to distinguish between higher contrast ratios.

It is clear that the Asian tigers are ahead of the rest of the world in terms of technology, internet speeds been one, but in the west we can't keep up with technology.

Oct 03, 12 at 8:55am
VeGiTAX2

Borderless on their end I think referred to the lack of a massive plastic rim around the screen, even the frame itself holding the LCD together often comes in at 5-10mm so that is quite a feat on their end without having to cast the whole thing in a plastic body.

Multimonitor works well if you actually need the space, while I'd love a 4K screen, I can't get one so here I am with 3600x1920 or 3900x1920 with bezel comp. There's no way I can do the same amount of work within a 1080p space though as I'm cramming too much information into those spaces and alt-tabbing isn't acceptable when I'm doing comparisons and other items. As hiigaran said, if you're just running a pc for tv, movies and games and some casual writing there's no point to it really. If I don't want all of them on for a movie I just disable eyefinity with a click, rotate the monitor with a twist and watch a show or film. When I'm done, turn it back and re-enable eyefinity.

harbin91, networks are already gearing up to put out broadcast content in 4K, maybe not in English markets but Japan and Korea who produce those panels are gearing up to match content. Because the LCD race has all but stagnated for marketing they need something new to sell and the upcoming releases will cater in the next round of OMGHD wars again. I wouldn't attempt to use current pricing though as an indicator, once they go into mass production we'll see a decent slash.

have a site I'm editing in one panel in live view, the editor below it, next monitor has original site on the bottom half and on the top half I have photoshop and on the third panel I have Neo and my work emails going and that's just working through the 6-7am part of the morning.

Oct 03, 12 at 6:59am
Sonic Flash

quote VeGiTAX2
It's not 2560x1440 Sonic Flash but it's still mighty sexy.
Not interested! I can't go DOWN the scale.

Oct 03, 12 at 6:34am
harbin

Even then, that monitor says it comes with a window software manager to break it up into four seperate workspaces. I know that multimonitors or beneficial when working on a small monitor (in the old office I worked at, I was stuck on a 1024x768 screen) and when trying to copy typing from one thing to another, it is stupidly hard. Unlike in Windows 7 where you can snap windows to the sides I was on XP. Ended up going onto the Mac purely for the bigger screen.

Not quite sure how these super-hi resolution screens would work for TVs. 4000 pixels across? No channel yet broadcasts in such resolutions. They're all stupidly priced aswell.