Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Nintendo 3DS » GBA Games May be Headed to the eShop Soon » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DS Logo Animal Crossing New Leaf Castlevania Lord of Shadow Cooking Mama DKC Returns 3D Dead or Alive Dimensions Ace Attorney Dual Destinies Fire Emblem Awakening Harvest Moon A New Beginning Kid Icarus Uprising Luigis Mansion Dark Moon Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Mario Kart 7 Dream Team Monster Hunter 4 New Super Mario Bros 2 Amsey Sigma Squiggle Heibai Swampert X Eiche Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Pokemon X Pokemon Y Project X Zone Resident Evil Revelations Rune Factory 4 Mario 3D Land Shin Megami Tensei IV Sonic Generations Star Fox 64 3D Paper Mario Sticker Star Tales of the Abyss

hideOriginal Post

Oct 02, 12 at 3:41pmbbb7002004

Rumors have abounded for a while, but recent activity on Nintendo of Europe's Press site has all but confirmed that GBA games will be headed to the eShop at some point soon. Boxarts for GBA games have appeared on the site, leading many to believe that GBA games will soon be available for download by everyone with a 3DS.

Source

I for one greatly look forward to this. The GBA is one of my favorite systems, and was the first I bought at launch. I'm excited to see what games show up on the service, and I'm glad for our non-ambassador 3DS owners who will get the chance to download the Ambassador titles.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 12 at 5:57am
Gotenks

So? I much prefer to play R/B/Y first before R/S/E. Though I recently replayed Ruby.

Oct 03, 12 at 5:40am
Dragoon

quote Gotenks
quote Dragoon
Pokémon R/S/E needs to come to the eShop.
I would love to have R/B/Y come out on the eShop first tbh.
Nooooo, there is too much Kanto available as there is. >_<

Oct 03, 12 at 5:31am
Gotenks

quote Dragoon
I would love to have R/B/Y come out on the eShop first tbh.

Oct 03, 12 at 3:03am
Dragoon

Oct 03, 12 at 1:24am
metal_prisioner

quote Big A2
Sounds like you support piracy to me. After all, why pay for anything you can steal?
I don´t support piracy, I never say "why pay for something I can play If I can get it for free?". Like Zombie_Barioth said I only play backups of games I own.
What I meant was that I wont buy the same game again (maybe at the same price) without anything new in it, And maybe as you said They won't be in 3D but I was hopping for, Also I think It will help Nintendo a little bit with the sales XD.

Oct 02, 12 at 9:59pm
GlancingReverse

But he just said he isn't buying anything he can run there, so he wouldn't own them.

I missed out on the Ambassador Program by a few weeks, I think, so I really wanted to play GBA games on my 3DS, but no luck. Hopefully, that'll change soon.

Oct 02, 12 at 8:26pm
Zombie_Barioth

quote Big A2
Sounds like you support piracy to me. After all, why pay for anything you can steal?
You know maybe he only plays the games he actually owns on emulators. Emulators are fine its where you get the backups thats the problem since you can't legally backup a cart based game as easily as movies or music, obviously thats all I can say on the matter.

This is great if it proves true. GBA games are going to get harder and harder to find so it'll be nice to be able to easily find some on the e-shop even if its a limited selection. I was mostly a console gamer outside of pokemon and a few other games so this would make playing catch up easier, though I would rather have a physical copy if I can find one reasonably priced. They shouldn't be very expensive since even SNES games are only $8.

Oct 02, 12 at 6:39pm
Big A2

Great news. I know at first it's just going to be the Ambassador games, but I can't wait to see what else is in store. Perhaps some imports? Hmmm?

quote metal_prisioner
This is nice, but I will only buy them If they are released in 3D,
That's not going to happen.
quote metal_prisioner
I'm not gonna pay for something I can play on my VBA or gPSP (I don't support piracy, just a comment)

Oct 02, 12 at 6:26pm
metal_prisioner

This is nice, but I will only buy them If they are released in 3D, I'm not gonna pay for something I can play on my VBA or gPSP (I don't support piracy, just a comment)

Oct 02, 12 at 5:10pm
Gotenks

It's about time really. This is a great opportunity for Nintendo to release the GBA games again to gamers who may of been to young to play these games or to use older games who would love to revisit games.