Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Turtlebeach Px21 soundwhoring help » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 02, 12 at 11:35amHendrico

I bought my px21 few days ago and I have a hard time soundwhoring and I hear footsteps in SND but i don't where are they coming from, my questions are:
What should I do with the bass, expander and game volume?
Sitrep pro or Dead Silence Pro?
Do you recommend any other better headest within the same price range as this headphones or did I make a good choice and bought this headset:confused:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 6:42pm
IUSEthePM-9

I got some Tritton Ax720's, they're pretty great and have surround sound. They use a chord so if you're not into the chord headsets then you should go with the Astro A40's or something of that description, but I don't know why anyone would need a wireless headset unless they do laps around their house while they play.

Oct 03, 12 at 10:41am
donmonster

Fair enough

Oct 03, 12 at 10:33am
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

Have you surveyed everyone's room, donmonster?

Just because it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone. I physically can't run wires, and my walls are paper-thin.

Sometimes, believe it or not- headphones just work better for gaming.

Now, I'll be more than happy to switch to a system just as soon as I move into a new place, because I do indeed think that an actual system is better in every way. But right now, where I live, I just can't do it.
And I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are in the same boat.

Oct 02, 12 at 8:11pm
donmonster

quote HU1CH13
Plus, a surround system doesn't come with a mic. Also, having a headset means you can play the game loud without waking people up (until you rage at some bullshit) and, if you're needing a headset, chances are you're going to be spending a fair bit of time on CoD/whatever FPS game in a party with your mates. Your mates want to hear you talk, not a big sound system blaring away your game's sound half a second after it already happens on their screen.

That's why they make mics that plug into your controller. If your rooms THAT small there's no need to have it blaring, most surround sound stereos have different presets on them where you can adjust to your hearing. That's the point of surround sound.

Oct 02, 12 at 8:01pm
HU1CH13

Plus, a surround system doesn't come with a mic. Also, having a headset means you can play the game loud without waking people up (until you rage at some bullshit) and, if you're needing a headset, chances are you're going to be spending a fair bit of time on CoD/whatever FPS game in a party with your mates. Your mates want to hear you talk, not a big sound system blaring away your game's sound half a second after it already happens on their screen.

Oct 02, 12 at 7:58pm
donmonster

How tiny we talking? I stay in a 12x16 room and it's pretty effective. I'd rather have surround sound and still be able to hear the doorbell then have some big crappy turtle beaches on my head that sounds like the tv in front of me.

Oct 02, 12 at 7:52pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

It has nothing to do with rules.
There's no point in having a full speaker system in a tiny room you can't run wires through to set it up effectively.

Oct 02, 12 at 7:38pm
donmonster

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
quote Hendrico
I bought my px21 few days ago and I have a hard time soundwhoring and I hear footsteps in SND but i don't where are they coming from, my questions are:
Do you recommend any other better headest within the same price range as this headphones or did I make a good choice and bought this headset:confused:
A quick Google search confirmed what I suspected-
Those aren't surround sound headphones. They're stereo.
All they'll do is let you differentiate whether an enemy is on your left or right.

quote donmonster
Buy a surround sound stereo. Having 8 speakers placed in a circle around you works just as good as buying headphones that cost the same price.

And you can actually tell when someone's behind, to the side, or in front of you.
A surround sound system is definitely more expensive than headphones. And really, you can get high-quality sound from a good pair of surround sound headphones for about the same as a cheap, low-quality surround sound system.

Also, not everyone can have surround sound depending on where they live, like an apartment or dorm.
Rules were made to be broken.

Oct 02, 12 at 7:33pm
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

quote Hendrico
A quick Google search confirmed what I suspected-
Those aren't surround sound headphones. They're stereo.
All they'll do is let you differentiate whether an enemy is on your left or right.

quote donmonster
Buy a surround sound stereo. Having 8 speakers placed in a circle around you works just as good as buying headphones that cost the same price.

And you can actually tell when someone's behind, to the side, or in front of you.
A surround sound system is definitely more expensive than headphones. And really, you can get high-quality sound from a good pair of surround sound headphones for about the same as a cheap, low-quality surround sound system.

Also, not everyone can have surround sound depending on where they live, like an apartment or dorm.

Oct 02, 12 at 6:52pm
donmonster