Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Resident Evil 6 » Neoseeker reviews Resident Evil 6 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Please be considerate about spoilers and put spoilers in spoiler tags, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 11:06pmRabidChinaGirl

We review Resident Evil 6 and give our verdict. You probably shouldn't pick this up, not even for the co-op.

Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360 Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 30, 12 at 7:30am
Aragorn Vzla

Finally after finishing all the campaigns I have to strongly disagree with this review, in no way this is an unpleasant experience worthy of such a low score, it's not a survival horror game either but it's not as flawed as lots of people are saying.

Edit: also this is completely false and shows the reviewer isn't clear about at least some mechanics of the game.

quote Lydia Sung
Having to press A just to scale a couple feet seems unnecessary, even jarring if you’re coming out of a dash or in the middle of a fight
When you are dashing all the mandatory action prompts to do stuff like climb ladders or jump over tables are done automatically.

Oct 30, 12 at 12:02am
haalyle

I'm going to write a review on this game, telling my experiences and what I thought.
I loved it, got it on PS3, and I loved every bit of it!
So, you wait, I'm going to write my review, after the draft.

Oct 29, 12 at 9:10pm
Fusion

Wow do your research Lyndia Sung Sherry Birkin is 26 not 16.

Oct 29, 12 at 4:33pm
rogue5hadow

seems like a neat addition ill def try it

Oct 08, 12 at 11:04am
Theman

I went back and played this game with a whole new look on it and I must change my opinion on it. If you don't look at it as a RE game or try to compare it to something else, it's a pretty good game. The action is fast paced and the scenes had me on the edge of my seat waiting for what came next. I think it's was a good game at least worth a 7.5 out of 10.

Oct 07, 12 at 3:21pm
BlackLabel

To me Resident Evil 6 was fun, it was a fun action filled adventure. Was it what I wanted from the game? Yes as I knew 6-12 months ago that this game would not be a return to old pastures. Did I want a return? Yes but what they delivered was fun nonetheless. I very much enjoyed the Leon campaign as while it was wholly action packed it did bring back a sense of nostalgia at least in chapter 1. So many times I exclaimed to my friend "this looks like the hallway in Resident Evil 1" or "this looks like the graveyard in Code Veronica", I must have been annoying them so much but it was great.

As for the rest of the game the campaign for Chris was as I expected it was the Resident Evil 5 style of gameplay just vastly improved. Yes the game didn't feel like Resident Evil in that campaign and at times I did think I was playing a new iteration of some co-op military game, but it was still fun and I enjoyed destroying wave after wave of J'avo. I was also a huge fan of Piers, he was a great counterpoint to the Chris character and gave Chris a chance to truly grow as a character, Chris actually felt human this time around. It was great to see.

Now this may be a very lonely opinion as I think the general consensus is Leon's campaign is the best and the other two are terrible, for me though I think Jake's campaign was the best of the lot. I really liked the character of Jake it was great to see a mercenary become the anti-hero and eventually become the hero. He was a character I found funny from the start, some of his one liners and the delivery of his dialogue just made me laugh at times. What I was left with most from his campaign is the feeling of wanting to know what is next in store for him, he's a character I want to have a game 100% based around and I hope it happens at some point.

If I had any negatives with the game it would have to be the pacing. The game was just too much action far too often. I think that the biggest positive the game has is the story and yet it gets sandwiched between action set-piece after action set-piece, there is little room to rest and take in just what happened in the last cut-scene. This may be another reason why I preferred the Jake campaign as it was slower paced, there were more puzzles and less enemies, I liked that..

Overall though the game was good and sure it's not a return to the series roots and for an action game it's not the best at that either, but it was fun and if I find it fun then it's still a good game. I think I may be in the minority for my thoughts on this but if this is what Resident Evil will be like going forward then I look forward to Resident Evil 7.

Oct 07, 12 at 1:49pm
DedValve

Isn't it obvious? Sherry is japanese. She'll stay 12 until she reaches 40 then she ages like 80 years instantly or will forever remain hot and bishi-looking. But she needs more jiggle physics.

I miss the original plot before the rewrite where Wesker kidnaps her. Oh and the original G-Virus antibodies that didn't magically give you healing abilities but whatever *shrugs*.

Oct 07, 12 at 1:46pm
RogueOperator

quote Coi Cki
Well... The way to the top of the cathedral was a good example to how the game is... Statues with crossbows that have laser sights... Really?
What!? That had me and my friend laughing our asses of at each other and was pretty fun to me, also the cathedral felt immensely like RE4, I'll admit the boss was annoying but other than that it was fun.

Oct 07, 12 at 1:41pm
RabidChinaGirl

quote jbh
quote Review
The third campaign belongs to newcomer Jake and Resident Evil 2’s Sherry, who is somehow caught up in all this BSAA nonsense despite being 16 years old.
RabidChinaGirl Sherry was 12 in RE2, which means she was born in 1986...?
I can't accept that girl is the same age as me. Look at her. LISTEN to her. GUH.

quote Agent Mo
I saw that but i assumed it was just a bit of an exaggeration.
It was indeedy.

Oct 07, 12 at 2:19am
Agent Mo

I saw that but i assumed it was just a bit of an exaggeration. Just ftr she's 26/27 in RE6.

But that reminds me, I could have sworn RE5 was set in 2008? 4 years after RE4 and 5 years before RE6? In a cutscene or a file or something (can't remember what it was) in RE6 there was something about how RE5 took place 3 years ago....