Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » BFFs sidequest (spoilers) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 9:00pmKratos

Do not read on unless you have done the sidequest.

Ok so my friends and I come up to this particular sidequest and had an argument about how to handle it. Here's how it goes.

Me: It's totally not Jim
Marco: Ok who do you guys think it is?
Marco: I think it's Sam
Andrew: I don't care. Kill 'em all.
Me: Dude, it's Jim.
Andrew: Just throw a grenade right in the middle.
Marco: No I'm convinced it's Sam
Marco: Because first off
*I shoot Jim in the head*
*Money spews out*
Me: Bitch say what?
Andrew: lol
Marco: Well played

So fellow Borderlandians, who did you shoot and how did you come to that conclusion?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 06, 14 at 9:17am
death1701

with my high xp level boost toon ( lvl 1 to lvl 72 in 4 minutes) , i killed them all in one shot. i still herd them taking even after . it was the one with the dollar sign on his back . just like the sheriff side quest = sniper is the guy

Mar 06, 14 at 5:44am
Shadow of Death

Clvw - When I failed that quest, I don't think that happened. It was just that the money didn't drop.

I misheard/misread the clue. I can't remember, it's either "only one of them tells the truth", or "one of them is a liar". Can't remember which, but I think it's the former.

Mar 06, 14 at 4:32am
Clvw

I got a weird result and I'd love to know if anyone else did. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I did the whole logic thing. Even got out a pen and paper. I came to the conclusion that it was either Jim or Linda. Thought the money sign backpack was a red herring. I shot Linda.

And then they all shot each other.

Not sure if I waited too long, but they all died. I mean, at the same exact moment I shot Linda in the back of the head with a pistol, they all died. When I got the message that said "you defused the situation", I thought, "well, that's one way of doing it."

And I worked so hard, too.

Dec 12, 12 at 5:41pm
bronze0800

quote Kratos
Do not read on unless you have done the sidequest.

Ok so my friends and I come up to this particular sidequest and had an argument about how to handle it. Here's how it goes.

Me: It's totally not Jim
Marco: Ok who do you guys think it is?
Marco: I think it's Sam
Andrew: I don't care. Kill 'em all.
Me: Dude, it's Jim.
Andrew: Just throw a grenade right in the middle.
Marco: No I'm convinced it's Sam
Marco: Because first off
*I shoot Jim in the head*
*Money spews out*
Me: Bitch say what?
Andrew: lol
Marco: Well played

So fellow Borderlandians, who did you shoot and how did you come to that conclusion?
which ever was in the general direction my gun was pointing in at the time

Dec 11, 12 at 11:48am
Chrono Wigger

Sorry double post

Dec 11, 12 at 11:31am
Chrono Wigger

I finally notice that the most important one is Ocantler. If he's lying then he's implicating himself, so he has to be the truther.

Dec 11, 12 at 10:40am
Monray

No matter who I shot, Jim always dies. Same with the 3(4?) brothers that you have to accuse. Hooray for bugs!

Dec 10, 12 at 7:11pm
arson

I set the controller down to write down their stories, bumped the shoulder button on my leg, and Phaselocked Jim by mistake. Cursing, followed by "...Huh....." at the money explosion.

Oct 17, 12 at 2:20pm
Tiechdair

Okay, it sounds like everyone is missing something here. We have 3 liars, and one person telling the truth.

Linda: it was Sam that took the money.
Sam: it was O'Cantler that took the money.
O'Cantler: Sam is full of Sh*t.
Jim: It definitely wasn't me that's all I know.

Lets break this down. Linda and O'Cantler both say its Sam. If only one of them is telling the truth, then Sam can't be the thief and they both must be liars. Now, Sam says its O'Cantler, but Jim says its not him. If Sam is telling the truth, then it would be O'Cantler, but then Jim would be lying. Here's the problem with that. If Jim lied, then it would be him, but that couldn't work if Sam was telling the truth. Now lets reverse that. Let's say Sam lied. So now O'Cantler didn't do it and the honest one is Jim. Let's go back to the lies. Sam is clear with two lies against him. O'Cantler is clear with one lie against him, and Jim is clear cause he was telling the truth. That only leaves Linda.

Oct 16, 12 at 4:45am
oni_hero

Our group was playing around trying to figure out who it was, so we started trying to bounce from one head to another in the group (Don't ask we get bored easily) and it turns out, that you can Mario them.... So each hop on their heads hurt them, and we eventually killed two of them accidently without noticing what we were doing. The quest continued and it didn't count as kills...

Oddly enough I decided to shoot the right one just for laughs.