Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Fire Emblem Characters » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 8:52pmSwampasaur

Everyone here agrees that Fire Emblem is a pretty big series for Nintendo. A big series deserves several characters, but unlike other series, Fire Emblem has a bit of a problem with deciding characters.

It changes main characters almost every game.

Sure Marth is near gauranteed to return. He's the first FE lord ever and he's actually appeared in two games. (an honor I believe also goes to Ike). He's also a two time veteren so his chances of removal are pretty slim.

So what about Ike? Should he stay? What about new FE characters?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 18, 12 at 7:27pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
How do we know they won't cut the Fire Emblem characters to one playable character?
Because Fire Emblem is a huge series. It's one of Nintendo's cash cows. I'd even go so far to say that that it's just as popular as Kirby if not more so.

Oct 18, 12 at 6:06am
BlueLore

If they did that it would be obviosly marth,since he was the first main character,appeared in more fire emblem games than anyone else,is the most popular fe-chara in japan and is the only fe-chara who appeared in melee and brawl,making him probably one of the most well known fire emblem characters in western countries too.

However I doubt that they'll reduce the number fo FE-charas,I mean starfox has only 6 games(counting the remake) and 3 characters,while fire emblem has 13 games(again with the remakes),so they should get at least 2 characters.

Oct 17, 12 at 8:04pm
AgatioGanon

How do we know they won't cut the Fire Emblem characters to one playable character?

If they did that, who would they put in?

Oct 07, 12 at 11:13am
RegalBryant

I like the idea of Ephraim or Micaiah, because we could finally have someone who doesn't use a sword. Swords are overused.

Oct 07, 12 at 5:14am
BlueLore

quote Swampasaur
Everyone seems to keep saying Marth, Ike and Lyn.

What about characters like Michaiah or Hector? They were on a lot of lists before Brawl came out.
micaiah appears in only one game in which she has to share the role of the main character with ike(and ike is the dominant main character later in the game),the only thing that speaks for her is that she is a mage.
she was only in so many lists because she was the most recent main character aside from ike.

Hector is possibly the most unimportant lord in the history of fire emblem,as he has a really small role in fe7 aside from the hector mode.Hector was only in so many lists because he is rather popular in the west

Oct 07, 12 at 1:24am
Swampasaur

Everyone seems to keep saying Marth, Ike and Lyn.

What about characters like Michaiah or Hector? They were on a lot of lists before Brawl came out.

Oct 06, 12 at 4:39pm
BlueLore

quote GaTheZakk
I totally forgot about Eliwood

Another cool outfit for Ike would be the evil king Ashnard, that would be cool.

Lyn could have alternate costumes to resemble Micaiah, Mia and Anna.

In Brawl I like to pretend Ike is Isaac when I use the one with the yellow cape
Even though ashnard is one of my favourite characters in the games I can't see ike getting an ashnard-costume.
They just look too different and ashnard uses a giant sword in combat,so it would look unfitting for him to have a sword,that is as "small" as ragnell(which is already a zweihänder)

Oct 06, 12 at 12:07pm
Miju500

I think the candidates for Fire Emblem are:
Marth (will return)
Ike (might get the boot)
Roy (seems dead, but...)
Lyn (more on the supporting character side, but...)
Eliwood (Possible...)
Krom (Now we're talkin!)

But yeah, add Krom to Marth and Ike. (possibly get rid of Ike)
Make Roy (and Mewtwo and Lucario [and Ike]) downloadable content.

Oct 06, 12 at 11:40am
AgatioGanon

I totally forgot about Eliwood

Another cool outfit for Ike would be the evil king Ashnard, that would be cool.

Lyn could have alternate costumes to resemble Micaiah, Mia and Anna.

In Brawl I like to pretend Ike is Isaac when I use the one with the yellow cape

Oct 06, 12 at 5:32am
BlueLore

all in all I think that costumes/colours are a good way to include more fire emblem characters,I mean it wouldn't be a big problem to give marth a leaf costumes(I think even a colour swap may be enough) or for ike having a roy/eliwood costume/colour