Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » Music in NSMB » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 6:38pmVirtue

Overall, the music in the New Super Mario series has been completely identical to one another. (Minor differences here and there, but nothing we could call significant.) With NSMB:2, we hear essentially more of the same. All in all, the game has maybe 10 different musical pieces for each level, an incredibly low amount considering all the different scores we're used to seeing in other games.

Do you mind this constant similarity in music? Would you like something different in future installments? Personally, I was fine with identical music until halfway through the game. I started to get a bit tired of that constant song played throughout the normal environments.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 29, 12 at 10:03pm
John234MKWii

I don't really mind the way the enemies dance to the music. It makes the backgrounds look more entertaining.

Oct 29, 12 at 12:42pm
RegalBryant

The only problem I have is the way they dance at the wahwah. It messes up my timing...

Oct 28, 12 at 9:51pm
John234MKWii

Maybe like some special music for the special worlds and like Star World and Special World remix from SMW. Including the special Caribbean remix of the SMB over world. I always used to do that in SMW.

Oct 28, 12 at 9:12am
Virtue

I'd have to agree on that one. I would have loved to see some unique music for the star worlds just to brea up the pace it bit. After a while that "wah, wah" sound gets a bit annoying.

Oct 28, 12 at 7:21am
Epsalon X

I really liked that theme. I'm glad they kept it, especially with the return of the Koopaling's. But still..they could have introduced some more original melodies. None of the sequels in the original SMB series contained even remotely the same number of tunes (Star theme excluded of course).

Oct 01, 12 at 6:46pm
John234MKWii

Well, the good thing is that it doesn't lose its familiar tune from the other NSMB games(the songs from this game are firmly embedded in my head). But the downside is yes, it'll get annoying and Nintendo will simply just have to move on. I also like the bah's, a new thing to the New Super Mario series. But, I think Nintendo went too far putting it into the castles. I still don't understand why NSMB2 still kept NSMBW's fortress music. I thought Nintendo were going to change that.

Oct 01, 12 at 6:38pm
Virtue

Overall, the music in the New Super Mario series has been completely identical to one another. (Minor differences here and there, but nothing we could call significant.) With NSMB:2, we hear essentially more of the same. All in all, the game has maybe 10 different musical pieces for each level, an incredibly low amount considering all the different scores we're used to seeing in other games.

Do you mind this constant similarity in music? Would you like something different in future installments? Personally, I was fine with identical music until halfway through the game. I started to get a bit tired of that constant song played throughout the normal environments.