Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon Black & White Version 2 » "Black and White 2 for the fans" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the General Pokémon Forum! If you enjoy posting here, consider registering as a member!

PLEASE NOTE: Threads concerning Pokemon should be brought to their respective forums, including game talk, strategies, trading, and etc. Thanks.

General Pokémon forum - Talk about general things about Pokemon, like the anime, manga, favorite Pokemon, etc.
- Official "is this a hacked Pokemon?" thread - Check to see if your Pokemon is legit in this thread.
Pokeficiton forum - Jog your creative juices and make your own Pokemon adventure!
Trading forum - Offer and request Pokemon from Generations IV and V!
Strategy forum - Talk about your best competitive Pokemon set ups and battle tactics.
Battle forum - Battle fellow Neoseeker members on your own custom terms!
Clan forum - Join or create a clan here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 04, 12 at 3:41pm
thundermaniac

Well this thread has escalated rather...slowly? Ah, well I know him I'm choosing and I think that giving everyone the gaming mechanics like IV's and EV's is good. Noobs need to learn it on there own.

Oct 01, 12 at 8:56pm
Squiggle

Well from what we have seen of the game (or at least, me), I think this will be a superb game, I have a feeling it will be my favourite Pokémon game.
Swear to god when I get it I will just neglect my work completely just to play this.

Oct 01, 12 at 4:04pm
Eiche

I've only played about ten minutes and I had a hard time choosing who to be on my team. I mean, so many to choose from, just in the beginning.

That was way BEFORE Axew and other favorites (I'd list Scraggy and Litwick, but I started with Tepig).

Oct 01, 12 at 3:56pm
Phi

quote Siliconera
    “I mean, there’s even areas [in Black/White 2] in Join Avenue that specifically will lower and raise EV values. I actually found that out online, but if you look at Black/White 2, there’s a lot that really relates directly to that. Like the unlimited dungeon, where you can go and continue to level up, fighting Pokémon that are at an equal level to yours, and continue to get experience points.

Pokémon fans, in the past, always had to deal with what we call ‘grinding the grass,’ where after you get around to beating the Elite 4, it’s like, ‘What we do now? Keep going through that, or go fight in the grass where characters are 20 levels below?’

But this time around, this is a sequel. And all the core fans knew about [EVs and IVs] already. They’ve been talking about it constantly, and it was a big part of Pokémon. And although it was in the undercurrent before as you mentioned, this time we decided, let’s bring it out into the open. Let’s open up the complexity of Pokémon for people who want it.

If you look also at all the Pokémon that are included, like non-Unova Pokémon—Mareep’s in there, one of my favourites from Gold/Silver—they really kind of made this one the Pokémon player’s game. It’s really aimed at a player of the core series. A fan. Look at Join Avenue, an area where shops open up the more you communicate with other players. There’s the World Tournament, where you can fight old Gym Leaders. Misty’s in there. That takes me back to the Blue version, before I even worked at Nintendo.

So, although this game appeals to anybody—obviously, I have to say that, as I work at Nintendo—as a Pokémon fan myself, when I first picked it up and started playing it, I was absolutely blown away. I was like, ‘This game is made for the fans.’ Anybody can play it, but a fan is going to love it, because they’ve opened up all those things.” - Seth McMahill, Assistant Manager of Product Marketing at Nintendo
    Source

I haven't played the games so I can't comment but the general consensus I get from everyone is that it is a superb game which is easily one of their favourites. What does everyone else think? ^^