Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » League of Legends introduces 'Honor' system to encourage sportsmanship » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 11:40ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 18, 12 at 12:39am
dalin008

Whatever is your favorable play style, you can find one, a close one at least, in the champions list. While classes are generic, visual style of every character is not.

Oct 15, 12 at 5:45am
Inuyasha

I que'd with some friends last night and aftergame they were saying to each other "what do you want? helpful? okay, give me teamwork, _____wants friendly" and a couple of them at the end of the game send "Really good game, well played. Honor please!"

Well they all got a report for spamming >=D

Oct 15, 12 at 5:12am
Tashur Astur

^me too. Usually when I want to honour someone I forget to, just like it happens with reports hehe I think I've given honour maybe 5 times since release just because I keep forgetting it@end game screen/aftermath.

Oct 15, 12 at 4:31am
MegaBassMan

I only honor friends if they carried hard. I don't usually give honor to friends unless they truly do deserve it.

Oct 15, 12 at 3:15am
Lorx

I've gotten an honor or two from friends, most of it's been strangers. It feels kinda cheap to honor friends, but I guess that's why those honors are weighed lighter.

Oct 15, 12 at 2:29am
ShadowCrystallux

Hmm interesting find as usual Lorx. I actually have never honored my friends ... It just feels weird honoring them, when they already should know you enjoy playing with them.

Oct 15, 12 at 1:09am
Lorx

Got some news on this for you guys, this is all stuff from redposts by Lyte, the Lead Designer of Social Systems.
  • Crests are not given based on a flat amount of Honor, it varies with the amount of games you play (sans Custom). A player with 10 times more games than you will need more Honor to actually have a Crest. This counter does not look past when the system was first implemented, so anybody with 23905 games played doesn't have that "against them".
  • "Right now, about 70% of all Honor exchanges is given by strangers to strangers. It's hard to conclude whether this is a healthy rate, but it's something we keep close eyes on."
  • "When a player repeatedly receives honor almost/completely exclusively by non-strangers, they're flagged as suspicious by the system"
  • "It looks like for now, trends are actually quite similar across all our territories. In all regions, the Crests are the same 'difficulty' to unlock, Teamwork is the easiest Honor to earn and Helpful is the hardest Honor to earn."
  • "We considered showing more than one Crest/Ribbon; however, it gets cluttered very quickly in the portrait. We're going to collect data to see how many players actually unlock multiple Crests and determine whether we need to develop a solution for displaying multiple Crests. For now, it displays the most difficult to get Crest that you have unlocked and it always show Honorable Opponent Crests to your enemies."
  • "Currently, about 1% of players have unlocked Crests. This number should increase over the next 3-4 weeks."
  • When asked how many kinds of crests are available: "So far, 4 have been discovered." Hmmmm...
  • We were certain that toxic players would try to 'target' players with Crests of Honor and try to report them; however, toxic players that do this lose all of their report weighting so it ends up being harmless anyway."
  • "It's a bit of both. You need a certain number of Honor, but you also need a certain amount of Honor 'value' which depends on who you are receiving Honor from. To keep your Crest, you need to also consistently be positive in your games."
  • "If your friends keep Honoring you and they believe you deserve it, you will generally be OK. You just won't receive full Honor value for the Honors they give you."
  • "The most striking thing to us is the percentage of players that had previous Tribunal histories or toxic pasts... but are actually earning Honor and cleaning up their acts."
Also, Tribunal came up of course:
  • "Just because the Tribunal case shows 3 games doesn't mean he's in the Tribunal for 3 games--the Tribunal just polls random game samples to build a case. You have to be consistently toxic across numerous games and reported an average of 25x more than the average player to actually end up in Tribunal."
And finally, the stats from the first week of Honor going live:
  • Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked
  • Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked
  • Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals and -17% in ranked
Second set of stats:
  • 0.21% of players reported for consistent trading
  • 0.63% of players actively trying to trade Honor
  • 0.01% spamming Honor for dishonorable reasons
These players have all had their Honor reset to zero.

source

bluexy this seems like something you'd like.

Oct 14, 12 at 7:39am
Tashur Astur

Honestly, if people are fake-kind all the time they'll end up liking being kind and actually being it truthfully. It's like Nietzsche said.

Oct 14, 12 at 7:35am
ShadowCrystallux

I'll take fake kindness over true bitchyness any day in league. Irl I prefer the other way round, but on league, I'm there to play, not have an argument with...idiots.

Oct 14, 12 at 5:13am
Lorx

I went through the tribunal today and hit punish...16/20 times or so? I guess better than the rates I was getting, but there's still many people with attitude problems playing. In the games I played today only one had people I didn't mass honor though, which was certainly nice. It's obvious at times that people are really being nice just for the honor, but in the end, that still means they're being nice, which is all any of us can ask for. Genuine or not, manners are a relief to finally see.