- Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%.
- Elemental weapons have lower AR.
- Greatswords and Curved Greatswords attack slower.
- Blocking drains more stamina.
- Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading.
- Quelaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage.
- Strength weapons receive some hyper armor. - Only Abyss Greatsword confirmed. [need more info].
- Some shield types have deflection when used in PvP [need more info].
- Stamina consumption increased for spear/rapier attacks from behind a shield.
- Black Knight Greataxe has reduced damage [needs confirmation].
- Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%.
- Hornet Ring - nerfed to 30% critical bonus.
- Symbol of Avarice - slower HP degeneration [needs confirmation].
- Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46.
- Mask of the Father - nerfed to 5% equip load increase.
- Mask of the Mother - nerfed to 10% HP increase.
- Mask of the Child - decreased stamina regeneration [need more info].
- Gargoyle Helm - increased drop-rate from Bell Gargoyle.
- HCSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation].
- Chaos Pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation].
- Critical hits do less damage. This includes riposte and backstabs.
- Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed [need more info].
- Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies to a BP mob [needs confirmation].
- Changes to poise [need info and confirmation].
- New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also].
- Crystal Golem AoE attack inflicts Curse status. [this is also present in the console versions, but the duration of the effect is so short that it's easily missed].
- Reah of Thorolund no longer can be drained 12 humanity (with Dark Hand), she now has 0.
- Bottomless Box glitch removed.
- Dragon Headstone glitch removed.
- Spell switch glitch removed.
- Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed.
- Bow backstab removed.
- Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn.
- Environmental lava damage increase.
- Increased souls gained for killing certain enemies [need more info].
- In-game description of the Pendant fixed: "A simple pendant with no effect." "Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys.".
quote GOUKlThe reason for the new magic system is the same reason for the new health system. It's so players cannot "Load up" on healing or mp restoring items and make going through the game uber easy. While I do like the new healing system i never found the old magic system was bad. But both systems i think are viable. It's nice that someone doesnt have an infinite ammount of super heals or infinite ammount of dark beads.It wasn't intentional. The patch was built on the Japanese version and localized very quickly and there are several facets that resulted in 'steps backward' as a result. At least they fixed the pendant description. After rummaging through the PC files it's safe to say there was nothing coded or intended for the pendant past it being a simple roleplay item, hence why the creator likened the best gift suggestions to being either the pendant, or nothing, since it was basically the same thing. He simply wanted you to play it straight up with no extra benefits. The pendant also echoes as a throwback to Kings Fiels, where a similar pendant was used for roleplay purposes and didn't benefit progression in any way, shape, or form.
Still, disappointing to see the Engrish mistranslations return to the game. After Armored Core V turned out to be a huge flop From Software has been effectively been pushed back against the ropes. Their stance on continuing Dark Souls by way of DLC was previously against it, having stated that "everything that needs to be told is in the game as-is", that being said as large chunks of the game were being cut out to give Namco's IP just enough resemblance to the carbon copy they wanted to lord over. From really wanted to jump on Demons Souls 2, a real sequel, but Sony just did not respond and doesn't seem want to do anything right now.
With the next consoles arriving sooner than anticipated, From will be struggling to keep up and will have to invest even more time into R&D. It's likely they'll be going dark for a year or greater while they try to stay both independent and on two legs. Now would be a good time for Namco to plan for a sequel in preparation for the next gen, and From would be in no position to dodge the request. Thankfully they left the majority of Dark Souls lore pretty ambiguous and they leave themselves plenty of options for how they want to interpret and pursue another entry in the series.
Personally I would love to see another Dark entry that retains multiplatform availability. If Sony's not willing to move then they deserve to have their faces rubbed in the success of another publisher. So long as From can finally fix the whole backstab mechanic and return magic to a bar-based system so playing pure mage could make sense again (they are otherwise penalized by having to reset enemies while a phys player can clear the majority of the world of mobs without touching a bonfire).
quote "Lupin_the_third"I havent heard anyone say its rubbish, but it is used far less to be sure.
quote jbhI havent heard anyone say its rubbish, but it is used far less to be sure. But the backstab fishers still love to use it though. Effing fishers.I'm happy with this reaction, now that everyone thinks it's rubbish (which it absolutely is not) I can 100% get away with using it
quote "Lupin_the_third"I think the average user is going to start flocking over to dex weapons as they are lighter. Now that the DWGR has been nerfed the weight of weapon and armor have been that more important to scrimp on. With mobility very important in PVP alot of builds cant afford to have weapons that weight 10 or more units.
quote jomoh71I might be wrong, but I thought with any online game that you HAVE to upgrade it in order to play. In other words, it's not possible since anyone online would have the 1.06 version.Just a very stupid question, is it possible to be invaded by someone on 1.05 when playing with 1.06 installed? I guess it shouldn't be possible. I do not even now if you can play without making the update
Powered by neoforums v1.6.5b (aperture)
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2013