Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Monster hunter references to other games? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 8:31amwildfire

I was thinking about legend of zelda; more specifically gorons. In OoT they are described as rock eating people, they live on an active volcano, and roll around. What monster fits that description? Uragaan.... He even has a hard rock like exterior like the gorons do.... Is there any more references like this to other games in monster hunter.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it does seem like there's something to it in any case.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 11, 14 at 11:08pm
stanly pair o' bowls

also the great sword buster sword, shares a resemblance to the buster blade used by cloud in ff7
also it has 2 gem slots. the buster blade had 2 masteria slots(or what ever they were called)

Jun 11, 14 at 11:05pm
stanly pair o' bowls

a little kid will say its a secret to every body

Oct 24, 12 at 9:06am
Phlogiston

quote Kholdstare
quote Phlogiston
I doubt flooded forest has anything to do with minecraft - it's just a generic name for a... flooded,

Actually you need a form of moonjump to see it but there is minecraft block in the flooded forest...
Block? Could you post a photo or something?

Oct 23, 12 at 1:58pm
Kholdstare

quote Phlogiston
I doubt flooded forest has anything to do with minecraft - it's just a generic name for a... flooded,

Actually you need a form of moonjump to see it but there is minecraft block in the flooded forest...

Oct 23, 12 at 1:17pm
Phlogiston

I doubt flooded forest has anything to do with minecraft - it's just a generic name for a... flooded, tropical forest.

Another thing... HALO.

Great Demonbind = Gravity Hammer.
Tenebra D = Energy Sword.

Oct 20, 12 at 10:14am
Kholdstare

The secret area of the volcano = mordor ( not sure on spelling but I'm talkin bout from lord of the rings)

Also in flooded forest there's a hidden mincraft reference .

Oct 08, 12 at 7:51pm
Its_my_time24

Sorry i HAD to bump this.

During my Burnt Offering quest, i saw something in area 6. Do you know those gather spots which look like berries, and you get ivy/berries? (depending on your region-- Firedouse in this case) Well in Volcano's area 6, its purple...and looks like an apple. (Crisis Core fans...ring a bell?)

Oct 03, 12 at 4:48pm
Kirago

I find gobul reminds me of that fish thing u harpoon on resident evil 4

Oct 03, 12 at 7:32am
Phlogiston

Update:

Yes I do. Marine Warfare Tri... MW3.

Also, I found out "uragan" means hurricane in Romanian.

Oct 02, 12 at 6:17am
Phlogiston

Marine Warfare. Need I say more?