Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Resident Evil 6 » This Game Sucks! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Please be considerate about spoilers and put spoilers in spoiler tags, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 5:02amumgee

Loved Resident Evil 5. Was a very enjoyable game.

This, however. It's pretty bad. Such a mess.
Only played the campaign demo, but wasn't impressed at all.

- The controls and camera is clunky

- The gameplay is way too action fast-paced action orientated

- You can't destroy objects that look like they should be destroyable

- Zombies lying on the floor everywhere, and you can't shoot them until you pass the trigger for the to rise

- Messy and ugly item menus

- Messy and ugly HUD

- Fragmented campaign just removes the depth and immersion you're supposed to feel for this type of game

- Can't share items, it seems

- Stupid Gears of War style cover system. Res Evil? Really?

Yea, whatever. Waste of time.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 04, 12 at 6:14pm
UrbanLegend2012

quote Ded Valve
quote UrbanLegend2012
quote Ditnopota
[quote=UrbanLegend2012|message:33638332]Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.

"PAY $60 FOR A GAME YOU THINK YOU WON'T ENJOY OR ELSE I WON'T TAKE YOUR OPINION INTO CONSIDERATION"

ok

Not everyone has ready renting services available, or can't afford one or prefer to buy games.
I don't take people's opinions about games if they only played the demo, it wouldn't make much sense since they could tweak or fix any issues by the time the game out. Also, you don't have to buy the game if you're not sure if you like it, you could rent it for a couple of days.

Then the simple solution is to decide whether you want it or not if you are unable to rent it.

Oct 04, 12 at 4:26pm
DedValve

quote UrbanLegend2012
quote Ditnopota
[quote=UrbanLegend2012|message:33638332]Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.

"PAY $60 FOR A GAME YOU THINK YOU WON'T ENJOY OR ELSE I WON'T TAKE YOUR OPINION INTO CONSIDERATION"

ok

Not everyone has ready renting services available, or can't afford one or prefer to buy games.
I don't take people's opinions about games if they only played the demo, it wouldn't make much sense since they could tweak or fix any issues by the time the game out. Also, you don't have to buy the game if you're not sure if you like it, you could rent it for a couple of days.

Oct 04, 12 at 4:14pm
Raijin1999

Working on a long winded review. In the meantime....

I'm a stickler for details and design and while RE6 can be be extremely random (more so in a bad way or off putting way), it also shines. After finally beating Leon's campaign (starting Chris' now) I can say it gets very sloppy in several key areas. Leon's plays the most like what reviewers claim - that it's trying to be an interactive movie instead of a game. It feels a lot like the 2 CG movies they released and suffers from the same short sighted scriptwork but benefits from great visuals and, at least from Leon and Helena, top notch voice dialogue. That said, several unrealistic 'half assed' plot designs show a great lack of understanding how the US military and political system work. For American's starting the game that are in the know, if feels like you're missing several dozen chapters of exposition before the attack that starts with Leon's hand on his gun, shaking after taking a shot. These are the same type of shallow detailwork that plagued RE5's story too. It's not anything new, but when you see the cinematics kick in, especially at the midpoint and end of the campaign, you can tell immediately that they dropped the ball and could have done so much more. As much as I can't stand Metal Gear or Kojima for overdoing and killing things with details, i'd much prefer overdoing it then half assing it.

That aside, after playing the first few missions of Chris' campaign I am dead sure that the biggest gameplay related problem i'm going to continue to have with this game is the lack of ammunition needed to keep the 'action' part of the new gameplay design working. So many stages of Leon's campaign ended with me having to knife everything because guns were extremely weak on enemies, and ammo spawned far less than skill point bonuses did. I literally had to defeat the last two bosses with a knife. Helena couldn't generate ammo quick enough for it to matter. The other thing, IT'S NOT EVEN DIFFICULT TO TAKE THINGS ON WITH A KNIFE. Chris' campaign seems worse with all the J'Avo that become shielded or heavy close range damagers that knife combat is much more difficult to pull off while the ammo problem remains. No wonder the game still has an infinite ammo option (figure I have to beat all 4 campaigns to unlock it though). Ugh.

At least I don't have to punch giant rocks this time.

(........at least...........not yet..........)

Oct 04, 12 at 11:36am
UrbanLegend2012

quote Ditnopota
quote UrbanLegend2012
Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.

ok

Oct 04, 12 at 8:57am
Coi Cki

Is the game going to be the same nonstop action it's been, all the way? I've done 2 chapters on Leon's campaign, and while I'm not disappointed, it's feeling rather exhausting. Definitely don't feel like doing any of the campaigns in one go.

Oct 03, 12 at 1:09pm
jbh

Gotta admit, having more fun than I was expecting going in. It has it's issues but I still say there's no excuse for the bashing the game is getting. There's even an abundance of awesome nods to RE vets, which I would have thought the people whining since RE4 came out would have loved. Apparently not.

Oct 03, 12 at 1:00pm
Ditnopota

quote UrbanLegend2012
Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.

ok

Oct 03, 12 at 12:47pm
Agent Mo

quote UrbanLegend2012
Well, you can base a number of things on a demo, not everything though of course. For example, you obviously can't base much opinion on the story (although you might still get a little hint as to how good the story might be), but you can base gameplay and things like that. If the devs chose a bad section of gameplay to showcase in the demo that's their fault, mostly people play demo's to try out the gameplay. Dead Space for example had a horrid demo imo, almost put me off the game completely but for some reason i rented it and loved it so bought the game.

Anyways, so far i've played Leon's and half of Chris', and i'm not disappointed. Probably because i didn't have much expectations lol. Leon's definitely had quite a bit of atmosphere and tension at times, definitely reminiscent of RE4. So far Chris has had a bit of tension, but mostly it's just shoot shoot punch. Still quite fun though, loving Piers' sniper rifle.

Oct 03, 12 at 11:55am
UrbanLegend2012

Oct 03, 12 at 11:03am
Ditnopota

Not gonna lie, this game looks like absolute goddamn trash. I'll play it in like a year when I'm finally done playing good games and feel like a bit of self-torture a la Terminator Salvation.

Oh, and I'm not a 'CLASSIC RE ONLY' kinda guy. Only RE game I liked was 4. 5 was mildly entertaining. This, though? This just looks horrid for even an action-oriented game.