Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Weapon Manufacturers. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 12 at 2:27amKR_1250

Lets talk weapons.

Rate the manufacturers in order from best to worst. Or failing that just tell us which is your favourite and what ones you do/dont like and most importantly WHY?!.

Also post any tactics or playstles you use which you think are relevant to your choices or are worth noting.

In no perticular order here are the manufacturers.

Bandit
Vladof
Jakobs
Maliwan
Hyperion
Tediore
Dahl
Torgue

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 12 at 11:18pm
KR_1250

quote MLongfellowDeeds
You might just be unlucky.
This may be the case.

The other day i stated how i struggled to find accurate shotguns, i went home and found 4.

Oct 03, 12 at 8:58pm
Avalith

• Jakobs: I love their high damage, quick fire rate, and awesome reload speeds on pistols and snipers. I only use my sniper rifle to start fights from far away and I'm able to take the high ground or have reasonable cover, but the high damage is amazing. Their revolvers tend to do more damage than any other pistol except your double barrel guns that take 2-4 ammo and have gotten me out of a few ammo jams.
  • Vladof: Rapid fire Assault rifles and SMGs? YES PLEASE!
  • Dahl: As a gunzerker, I use SMGs and assault rifles. A lot. I love the burst fire on these. They're not my preference for anything else, though.
  • Tediore: Love the explosive reload. If I can't find a decent Jakobs pistol, I'll take a Tediore. If I can't find a Dahl SMG or assault rifle, I'll pick up a Tediore. They're generally my weapon of choice for shotguns. The more ammo you have left in the clip, the bigger the boom from a Tediore reload. If only shotguns didn't use so much ammo per shot...
  • Bandit: Huge mag size is a plus. I had an E-tech assault rifle from Bandit when I was around level 16 that had decent damage, slag, and a mag of 193. Loved that gun, even if it took 2 ammo per round. Other than that, I haven't come across many decent Bandit guns except the occasional SMG.
  • Maliwan: Helpful early on when you aren't likely to find many other elemental weapons, but double ammo for a pistol gets old quick. I rarely use their weapons, especially since I've been finding elemental attributes on other weapons like Dahl and Tediore.
  • Torgue: Explosive damage is a plus, slow rounds is not. These guns are great early on, but their usefulness deteriorates quicker than Maliwan guns. I want to be able to put a bullet through someone's head and not hope they stand still long enough for the bullet to get there.
  • Hyperion: Never cared for them. Anything Hyperion makes, Jakobs or another manufacturer make better from what I've found thus far. I only ever use these if it's a massive upgrade over what I'm currently using, then they get tossed as soon as something from someone else pops up that's similar or (normally) stronger.

Oct 03, 12 at 6:17pm
One Luck

quote MLongfellowDeeds
Oh man, same here. One of my only gripes about the game is no more S&S. The ironic part is that S&S was always known for their accurate guns, and the are replaced by the manufacturer with the least accurate guns in the game, lol.
Not to mention S&S had good damage and tech along with their amazing mag size. Bandit just seems to be lacking in most areas. Big mag weapons are good but they have to have other good stats to really shine, nobody did this better than S&S.

Holy nostalgia, that brings back good memories.

Oct 03, 12 at 12:07pm
MLongfellowDeeds

quote One Luck
Bandit - Still cannot find a good Bandit LMG. Big mags are awesome, but they are no S&S.
...I miss S&S

Oh man, same here. One of my only gripes about the game is no more S&S. The ironic part is that S&S was always known for their accurate guns, and the are replaced by the manufacturer with the least accurate guns in the game, lol.

quote KR_1250
Question guys, please help if you know the answer:

Are player stat boosts taken into account on weapon stats on the item card?

For example, if i use a class mod which ups my Assault rifle damage, will the new modified damage show up on the weapon card or will it show the weapons base damage stat ?
I'm pretty sure this is the case.

quote KR_1250
8: Hyperion: Really dont like them. A sniper who's first shot is purposfully innacurate? Huh? And unless im just unlucky they tend to have pretty poor stats. Just not for me im afraid. I dont like anything about them other than the funny names.
I have actually had very good luck with Hyperion snipers...most I have used recently had minimal sway and decent accuracy. Their pistols/smgs leave a lot to be desired but I do like their snipers/shotguns. You might just be unlucky.

Oct 03, 12 at 1:25am
KR_1250

Question guys, please help if you know the answer:

Are player stat boosts taken into account on weapon stats on the item card?

For example, if i use a class mod which ups my Assault rifle damage, will the new modified damage show up on the weapon card or will it show the weapons base damage stat ?

Oct 02, 12 at 12:34am
KR_1250

Its such a difficult choice for me as my top 4 ones change with each day i play but at the moment i'd have to say:

1 Vladof: It was a tough choice between them and Dahl but i have just found a few weapons yesterday which made the decision for me. It can be difficult to find a good Vladof weapon but the decent ones are awesome. Found a pistol with 748 Damage a 15 fire rate, 90% accuracy, a 2 second reload and a 40 round clip yesterday. Its just like a hand held minigun. Eats through enemies.

2: Dahl: I am not what you'd call a profesional sniper so love the burst fire + elemental effect on sniper rifles. Their pistols and assault rifles can be awesome aswell. I'd rather put 3 medium damage elemental rounds into an enemy than one high damage Jakobs shot. Plus the potential for triple headshot criticals in one burst is appealing.

3: Jakobs: I dont like the styling or horizontal recoil of their rifles but their pistols are second to none. Found an 850 Damage one with 9 rounds and 95%accuracy yesterday. Got me out of so many tight spots. Brilliant weapons. Loved them in Borderlands 1 aswell. A decent Jakobs pistol with a blade attached is a complete life saver. Make great akimbo weapons.

4: Maliwan. Best elemental effects, not much more needs to be said. Generally well balanced weapons but i prefer elemental Dahl weapons due to their burst fire. They do make some great guns though. Best Rocket Launchers in the game.

5: Tediore: I kinda start to lose interest from here on. I have found some awesome Tediore weapons but they are too few and far between. Many i have found consume multiple rounds per shot which i hate and the explosive reload is great on shotguns where you wont waste much ammo but not so much on other weapons. I have thrown away 20 or even 30 rounds by accident from SMGs and ARs. Some great Shotguns though. And make brilliant rare weapons.

6 Bandit: Most are crap but there are some little gems in there. An Elemental effect and OK damage with those huge mags can make for awesome weapons. But the average quality is too low for me personally.

7: Torgue: In the begining of the game i loved them but the fact that many consume 2 and even 4 ammo per shot and the irritating Gyrojet ammo just put me off eventually. They do make some of the best shotguns in the game for anti-boss duty but by and large i avoid them.

8: Hyperion: Really dont like them. A sniper who's first shot is purposfully innacurate? Huh? And unless im just unlucky they tend to have pretty poor stats. Just not for me im afraid. I dont like anything about them other than the funny names.

Oct 01, 12 at 5:02pm
One Luck

Maliwan - Their guns have been carrying all the weight for the last 20 levels. Also, I love ridiculous elemental damage.

Vladof - Love the fire rates and have been surprisingly awesome.

Jakobs - Good in the first one, good in the second one. Their combat rifles are lacking though.

Tediore - I like the reload thing, and their guns are pretty good.

Torgue - Make great combat rifles, I just wish they had a couple of guns that weren't gyrojet.

Dahl - Their SMGs are kicking serious ass. The rest of their guns just eat too much ammo.

Hyperion - Found only a couple of good guns. Don't like the accuracy thing.

Bandit - Still cannot find a good Bandit LMG. Big mags are awesome, but they are no S&S.
...I miss S&S

Oct 01, 12 at 4:23pm
MLongfellowDeeds

Maliwan - LOVE their elemental pistols...and well....all their weapons really. Not always the highest damage but usually highest elemental chance/dmg.
Jakobs - Very high damage snipers, pistols are great, and I am a big fan of semi-auto rifles. As Zer0, gotta love dem' Jakobs.
Hyperion - The first Hyperion weapon I picked up I hated...it was a pistol and I couldn't hit jack with it. Now I am a higher level they actually have some pretty decent weapons from them. I have their sniper and shotgun both in my 4 slots. Not a fan of their pistols/rifles because of the trait though.
Tediore - Some decent weapons, especially their rocket launchers. I am one who likes quick reloading guns and this brand takes the cake in that respect. You have to make sure to use your whole clip before reloading which sometimes can be tough, as I'm sure most of us who have played COD have excessive reload syndrome.
Torgue - Just yesterday I found a Torgue pistol with real high dmg and decent accuracy, as well as a high dmg rifle with low accuracy. Not as bad as I first thought, usually best for crowd control. Hate how slow the projectiles travel once shot, have to lead your target a little bit.
Vladof - Nothing against Vladof personally, but I don't believe I have found any worth using at my current level. I'll see if I can find a decent one tonight.
Dahl - Burst fire. Nuff' said. Not a fan....burst fire IMO is useless in BL, maybe someone thinks otherwise.
Bandit - Huge clips are always nice, but I can't hit a friggen thing with these guns. Ridiculously inaccurate. Not to mention 10 minute reloads. Pass.

Oct 01, 12 at 3:09pm
Sonic Flash

Vladof and Jakobs. I play as a sniper and appreciate their attributes.
Maybe Maliwan for a backup SMG.
Torgue is okay for Shotguns.

Oct 01, 12 at 5:36am
Shadow of Death

Maliwan, Jacobs, Bandit, and Dahl. In that order, pretty much.

Beyond that, I don't care beyond how good it is generally. I'll take whatever is good, regardless of manufacturer.

I like Maliwan mainly for snipers and repeaters, Jacobs for revolvers primarily, Bandit for pretty much anything, and Dahl as well (not so much for snipers though).